[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Bruce Lee, Arnold or Chuck Norris.[/quote]

Damnit!

Rocky…

Nah, nobody beats Chuck.

[quote]DtotheG wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Bruce Lee, Arnold or Chuck Norris.

Well, as we all know Bruce Lee is the greatest bodybuilder ever, and Arnold has all that unfunctional muscle and… ah, screw it Chuck Norris.[/quote]

Didn’t chuck norris get his ass kicked by Bruce Lee?

Bruce would always win, he’s like tyson he will bite if he has to.

Next is Michael Jai White.

Bolo Yeung, all day.

Whichever one can say “Ninja Vanish”.

haha
It might sound like neen-ya wan-eesh.

[quote]Chewie wrote:

haha
It might sound like neen-ya wan-eesh. [/quote]

If’n you’re goin for Mater Tatsu from TMNT (which you better be). It’s pronounced neenja BANISH!

[quote]Arc_1mpuls3 wrote:
Chewie wrote:

haha
It might sound like neen-ya wan-eesh.

If’n you’re goin for Mater Tatsu from TMNT (which you better be). It’s pronounced neenja BANISH![/quote]

Which I better be? What does that mean?

Yes, that was a TMNT reference.

[quote]Chewie wrote:

[/quote]

OR ELSE!

[quote]Chewie wrote:
or else what?[/quote]

exactly

I dunno…

Did you know that the term Wookie was an improvised line in the movie thx-1138? When thx is escaping the underground facility one of the persuers reports to the command center that he “thinks I just hit a Wookie in the corridor”. So if it wasn’t for that improvised line, there would be no Chewie.

Oooo and another cool fact about Wookies is that George Lucas had always intended the empire to be brought down by a primitive culture, the Wookies were going to be that culture. But since Chewie was a main character and was able to communicate with Han, and fly the ship, he couldn’t use them. So he ended up creating Ewoks.

Chewie wrote:

OR ELSE!

Chewie wrote:
or else what?

exactly

I dunno…
[/quote]

haha

[quote]
Did you know that the term Wookie was an improvised line in the movie thx-1138? When thx is escaping the underground facility one of the persuers reports to the command center that he “thinks I just hit a Wookie in the corridor”. So if it wasn’t for that improvised line, there would be no Chewie.

Oooo and another cool fact about Wookies is that George Lucas had always intended the empire to be brought down by a primitive culture, the Wookies were going to be that culture. But since Chewie was a main character and was able to communicate with Han, and fly the ship, he couldn’t use them. So he ended up creating Ewoks.[/quote]

Wookiees are in no ways a primitive culture.

Thanks for the fun facts, though. :slight_smile:

get a 120 pound wild chimp and watch it rip both of them to pieces.

[quote]rander wrote:
get a 120 pound wild chimp and watch it rip both of them to pieces.[/quote]

Get a 14 year old girl with a butter knife and she’ll destroy them all.

Jet Li trained with some of the best martial art’s masters China has to offer(not wushu).

He can really fight.

Where as Jackie’s background is play fighting, he purposely exaggerates the style’s he performs.

[quote]Shire wrote:
Jet Li trained with some of the best martial art’s masters China has to offer(not wushu).

He can really fight.

Where as Jackie’s background is play fighting, he purposely exaggerates the style’s he performs. [/quote]

Jackie has gotten his neck broken, nose, hips, ankle, skull, sternum etc. He is one tough sombich. He was trained by his father in kung fu, and i don’t know what type of martial arts he learned in school, but he studied it along with acrobatics.

And Jet Li’s background is Wushu. Look it up.

Shire wrote:

He can really fight.

Where as Jackie’s background is play fighting, he purposely exaggerates the style’s he performs.

Jackie has gotten his neck broken, nose, hips, ankle, skull, sternum etc. He is one tough sombich. He was trained by his father in kung fu, and i don’t know what type of martial arts he learned in school, but he studied it along with acrobatics.

And Jet Li’s background is Wushu. Look it up.
[/quote]

Look i’m not belittling Jackie’s ability seeing as I can’t do anything remotely similar to the things he can do. But it’s well known that the Venerable Hai Deng Taught Jet Li in his youth(after Jet had won many gold’s at the international Wushu level). The Venerable Hai Deng was a treasure of Chinese MA’s and very Martial Art’s orientated and placed no emphasis on performing long flowery sets of Wushu!

On the Other Hand Jackie first trained with the Peking Opera School in Hong Kong. He himself in numerous interviews admits that this school taught theatrical MA’s. From the start of his career in film, he trained in Tae Kwondo, Boxing, wrestling etc. - purely for the purpose of looking good on film.

In Contrast Jet Li after winning many Wushu Competitions went to the Famous Shaolin Temple and trained with the last remaining(in that area) Master of Northern Shaolin Kung Fu.
This evident in many of Jet’s film’s as he employ’s the use of original patterns that he learned from the Venerable Hai Deng.

Look it up.

Meh.

They’re both tiny and neither one has much experience as a fighter. They’d both get demolished by a normal-sized guy with boxing skills who has been in his fair share of scraps.

[quote]Shire wrote:

Look i’m not belittling Jackie’s ability seeing as I can’t do anything remotely similar to the things he can do. But it’s well known that the Venerable Hai Deng Taught Jet Li in his youth(after Jet had won many gold’s at the international Wushu level). The Venerable Hai Deng was a treasure of Chinese MA’s and very Martial Art’s orientated and placed no emphasis on performing long flowery sets of Wushu!

On the Other Hand Jackie first trained with the Peking Opera School in Hong Kong. He himself in numerous interviews admits that this school taught theatrical MA’s. From the start of his career in film, he trained in Tae Kwondo, Boxing, wrestling etc. - purely for the purpose of looking good on film.

In Contrast Jet Li after winning many Wushu Competitions went to the Famous Shaolin Temple and trained with the last remaining(in that area) Master of Northern Shaolin Kung Fu.
This evident in many of Jet’s film’s as he employ’s the use of original patterns that he learned from the Venerable Hai Deng.

Look it up.[/quote]

Googled him, not much info on how long Jet Li trained with Hai Deng. Not much info regarding it at all. When you said “(not wushu)” it sounded like you didn’t know what you were talking about. I only realized once reading more, that you meant “not only wushu”.

Hi Arc_1mpuls3,

I only know about the Venerable Hai Deng because my Sifu knows a little information about him. I also found very little information on him via the internet, this is probably due to the fact that 95% of the information on Kung Fu available today is bullshit(not to mention 95% of Kung Fu schools are worthless too-sad but true).

However if your really interested :slight_smile: there is an old documentary on Jet Li that I got from Limewire a couple years back. You could probably still download it there. It has a 5 minute piece on the Venerable Hai Deng included in it.

Hope this helps and that you don’t think i’m bullshitting you :slight_smile: Shire.

I will check it out.

Kurt Russel wins.