Jacked and Tanned Design Contest

I entered a sweet jersey in a design contest. I feel it is reflective of the “T-Nation” and would like to share it.

It can be seen here:

If you like it, click like on the company and on the design itself. Or, just look at it, and hopefully have a chuckle.

Cool idea, but the text is difficult to read.

I’ve been a graphic designer and illustrator for 27 years, and one of my beefs is modern font styles trying too hard to be hip, and thus lose legibility.

A client hires you to visually sell their products/services. What good does it do if the visual is strong, but there’s no connection behind the message and the source?

yeah dude i’m having a lot of trouble reading that.

however the comments are fucking hilarious.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Cool idea, but the text is difficult to read.

I’ve been a graphic designer and illustrator for 27 years, and one of my beefs is modern font styles trying too hard to be hip, and thus lose legibility.

A client hires you to visually sell their products/services. What good does it do if the visual is strong, but there’s no connection behind the message and the source? [/quote]

x2
Spend some time on your typography.

Too hard to read.

Horrible fonts.

[quote]WormwoodTheory wrote:
however the comments are fucking hilarious.[/quote]

x2.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback.

With regards to the text, I literally spent an hour on the design and I had never used photoshop before. I sat down at a Mac on my campus and just went to town. Not wanting to spend much time on it, I used the first font that came up when I googled tribal font.

I actually think the font makes the whole thing a bit funnier/more realistic. How many of you have seen some curl monkey club douche out with a tattoo of something you can’t even read because it is stylized to a point where it is illegible? I also thought of adding some Japanese characters, but couldn’t find the space.

Anyways, it was done as sort of an inside joke for myself and a few friends. I am glad it produced a laugh, as that was my only real goal.