T Nation

Jack3d Drug Test

I think im gonna start taking Jack3d before workouts for extra energy. Im also gonna compete in a 100% RAW federation meet NEXT March. I understand that Jacked has an ingredient that is illegal in some drug free powerlifting competitions.

As long as I dont take Jack3d the day of the competition, and stop taking it months beforehand, should I be clean on a piss test?

you would probably be clean after 2 ish weeks of taking it.

As I understand it, it’s banned because an active drug acts similar to speed. In which case, it would wash out of your piss within a few days once you stop taking it. Stop using it a month before you compete (or even a couple weeks as mentioned above), and there’s no concern whatsoever.

My bigger concern would be do I want to be taking something akin to speed just to get up for my training sessions 4x a week or whatever. I don’t know enough on jack3d and the active ingredient to speak knowledgably about its negative effects to comment much further than that, but I’ve always liked what Joe DeFranco said on the topic. In sum, your body will just adjust to taking a pre workout to the point that you feel that you “need” it for each training session, and are no longer reaping the benefits once your body adjusts to always having it. Save that shit for days you’re feeling tired or really need to get up for a training sessions for w/e reason.

I thought they got rid of the jack3d with dmaa and the other banned ingredients.

DMAA, just don’t take it period

Should try Hyde. much better and still has the 1,3D.

[quote]bdocksaints75 wrote:
I thought they got rid of the jack3d with dmaa and the other banned ingredients.[/quote]
they did but it isn’t hard to acquire

Honestly, most preworkouts are banned by strict feds like 100% RAW or USAPL. You’re better off drinking an energy drink like Monster or Redbull imo.

[quote]budreiser wrote:

[quote]bdocksaints75 wrote:
I thought they got rid of the jack3d with dmaa and the other banned ingredients.[/quote]
they did but it isn’t hard to acquire[/quote]

I do not think it is currently banned by the FDA. They tried but the supplement makers basically told them to go fuck themselves.

[quote]Brian14 wrote:
I think im gonna start taking Jack3d before workouts for extra energy. Im also gonna compete in a 100% RAW federation meet NEXT March. I understand that Jacked has an ingredient that is illegal in some drug free powerlifting competitions.

As long as I dont take Jack3d the day of the competition, and stop taking it months beforehand, should I be clean on a piss test?[/quote]

IMO…using a banned substance during preparation and stopping long enough to pass the required participation test violates the ‘spirit’ of the ban. You know the rule, participate voluntarily, and willfully violate known rule…shame on you, where is your Honor. There are plenty of ‘playgrounds’ without those rules, go there and play.

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]Brian14 wrote:
I think im gonna start taking Jack3d before workouts for extra energy. Im also gonna compete in a 100% RAW federation meet NEXT March. I understand that Jacked has an ingredient that is illegal in some drug free powerlifting competitions.

As long as I dont take Jack3d the day of the competition, and stop taking it months beforehand, should I be clean on a piss test?[/quote]

IMO…using a banned substance during preparation and stopping long enough to pass the required participation test violates the ‘spirit’ of the ban. You know the rule, participate voluntarily, and willfully violate known rule…shame on you, where is your Honor. There are plenty of ‘playgrounds’ without those rules, go there and play. [/quote]

This is true, drug free means you choose to be drug free. Not just the ability to pass a drug test. Unless you win overall your only cheating yourself.

You are asking how to cheat. Pussy move. You shouldn’t be taking crap banned by the federation you are competing in.

Thanks for the last 3 posts, guys. OP, stop being a bitch and obey the rules of competition.

If you ain’t cheatin you ain’t trying. Yeehaw

[quote]unclematt wrote:
If you ain’t cheatin you ain’t trying. Yeehaw[/quote]
^-Gaylord Perry

Its just an energy supplement. Not cheating IMO. The reason they ban it is because they dont want people taking it the day of the meet. Jack3d is the most popular pre workout out there.

I actually never even thought of it as cheating. The banned ingredient is DMAA, which is just like a type of caffeine and is not anabolic. By your logic, if someone smokes weed months before a competition and competes then they are a cheating pussy.

dmaa is not anabolic in and of itself, but using a banned substance that leads to better workouts would lead to developing a greater level of strength than not using it, correct? Soooooo… use your head and stop justifying using a banned substance.

That being said, comparing dmaa to speed is like comparing a Camry to a Ferrari. The only comparison is they’re both stimulants. And jack3d is still being sold in its original form, I purchased a few tubs last week. I’m in the US. It is banned in Australia and Europe. Possibly Canada as well, not sure.

You’re trying to rationalize cheating.

Why not do a cycle of AAS and stop just long enough to be clear?

As we get told, if it’s a little cheating, it’s cheating. There is no such thing as being a little bit pregnant.

[quote]Brian14 wrote:
I actually never even thought of it as cheating. The banned ingredient is DMAA, which is just like a type of caffeine and is not anabolic. By your logic, if someone smokes weed months before a competition and competes then they are a cheating pussy.[/quote]

Whatever, pussy.

Nice rationalization. Banned means against the rules. Using it and purposely trying to avoid testing positive for it is called cheating. Period.