Jack3d Doesn't Work?

A friend of mine left the country and couldn’t take his shops with him. He gave me a little tub of lemon lime flavored Jack3d and I decided to try it out since I had heard lots of good things.

The first workout I took 2 scoops and didnt feel anything. Didn’t feel all amped up or any extra focus or anything like that. The second time I took 3 scoops and felt a little tingly 20 minutes after taking it but that only lasted for 30 seconds maybe and then nothing.

I don’t know what the deal is. anyone else have a similar experience?

BACKGROUND INFO:
I don’t currently take a pre workout. I tried NO Explode a few years ago and “felt it”. I used Surge WO Fuel two year ago for 4 months and liked it. I don’t drink coffee, I don’t drink soda, I don’t take any stims.

[quote]gregron wrote:
A friend of mine left the country and couldn’t take his shops with him. He gave me a little tub of lemon lime flavored Jack3d and I decided to try it out since I had heard lots of good things.

The first workout I took 2 scoops and didnt feel anything. Didn’t feel all amped up or any extra focus or anything like that. The second time I took 3 scoops and felt a little tingly 20 minutes after taking it but that only lasted for 30 seconds maybe and then nothing.

BACKGROUND INFO:
I don’t currently take a pre workout. I tried NO Explode a few years ago and “felt it”. I used Surge WO Fuel two year ago for 4 months and liked it. I don’t drink coffee, I don’t drink soda, I don’t take any stims.
[/quote]

I used to take it before my workout at 5am and after about a three week period I was finding that I couldn’t “come down” from it even by 9 at night. I didn’t think it was effecting me at first but once it built up for a bit it really seemed to fuck with me and NOT in a good way.

Felt it the first few times, now i don’t get any buzz or anything like it. I have more energy when i actually start doing stuff (ie. the bike ride to the gym is silly easy, i probably get a few more reps in then without). But no buzz like i do with Nox. People i know who also do it agrees that you become “resistant” to it fairly quick.

[quote]gregron wrote:

BACKGROUND INFO:
[/quote]

how long after your last meal did you take it? you need at least 1.5-2hrs after your pre workout meal just to feel anything from jack3d, in my experience.

alot of people say the same if you google it.

It has 1 3 dimethylamylamine in it which certainly has an effect.

Maybe you’re just not very sensitive to stims. In line with what onmyown32 said, if I’m training in the evening I can’t take it or it can fuck up my sleep. That being said, I do have to take breaks from it from time to time or the effect dulls from regular use.

OMO- the two times I’ve taken it have been around 5:30pm and i’ve been in bed both nights sound asleep by 10 lol. Definitely not having that effect.

Azroth- Maybe I became resistant to it on my first dose? hahah wouldnt that suck?

wannabebig- Thats a good question. It doesnt say anything on the bottle about taking it that far after eating a meal but both times it was at least an hour after eating something. Maybe I’ll try waiting longer

Raj- I dont think my body reacts to stims. I’ll have a redbull on occasions cause I like the taste but they dont keep me awake or anything. I could wake up in the middle of the night, chug a redbull and go right back to sleep with no ill effects lol. Maybe I just wasnt meant to be a pre workout kinda guy.

Thanks for the info everyone. appreciate it.

How old is it? I can take 2 scoops even 30 minutes after eating, and within 20 minutes my face is tingly.

Maybe you’re superhuman though Greg

[quote]gregron wrote:

wannabebig- Thats a good question. It doesnt say anything on the bottle about taking it that far after eating a meal but both times it was at least an hour after eating something. Maybe I’ll try waiting longer

[/quote]

the bottle doesnt say it, no. but from experience i can tell you 1.5-2 hrs makes a HUGE difference. youll really feel the stimulant effect and tingles.

[quote]gregron wrote:

Raj- I dont think my body reacts to stims. I’ll have a redbull on occasions cause I like the taste but they dont keep me awake or anything. I could wake up in the middle of the night, chug a redbull and go right back to sleep with no ill effects lol. Maybe I just wasnt meant to be a pre workout kinda guy.

Thanks for the info everyone. appreciate it.[/quote]

You’re like my friend.

He drinks coffee before bed because it helps him sleep

I had a trial packet that worked well once.

Sounds like you don’t respond well to stims Gregy.

It does work better on an emptier stomach but 3 scoops should get you pretty wired. I personally am staying away from Dimethyl products though

Guerilla marketing?

i was off of stims for months. bought a tub of jack3d and within 2-3 weeks 3 scoops was doing nothing for me

i always took on an empty stomach usually 2-3 hours at least.

the BEST pre energy supp i have ever taken is hemo rage black ultra concentrated version. i only take like 1/2-2/3 scoop and it blows 3 scoops jack3d out of the water.

not really like a jitter-inducing product either. very controlled and consistent energy

Ink- the stuff is brand new. Just opened the day before he gave it to me.

Took 4 scoops today and hadn’t eaten for 3 hours prior. Got a little bit of that tingly feeling about 30 minutes later and a little energy but not much. Took it 3 hours ago and I’m really sleepy now lol. Guess it’s just not for me

[quote]gregron wrote:
Took 4 scoops today and hadn’t eaten for 3 hours prior. Got a little bit of that tingly feeling about 30 minutes later and a little energy but not much. Took it 3 hours ago and I’m really sleepy now lol. Guess it’s just not for me[/quote]

hahah thats messed. at 3 scoops i was bouncing off the walls and itching like a crackwhore for a good 5 or 6 hours. got some of my best workouts in though.

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

the BEST pre energy supp i have ever taken is hemo rage black ultra concentrated version. i only take like 1/2-2/3 scoop and it blows 3 scoops jack3d out of the water.

not really like a jitter-inducing product either. very controlled and consistent energy[/quote]

if were talking hands down pure energy, BPI 1MR is THE BEST ive ever taken. 300mg caffeine, geranium, tyrosine, and a bunch of other goodies in one scoop.

first time i took it i ended up doing two workouts back to back that took almost 3 hours haha.

[quote]wannabebig25 wrote:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

not really like a jitter-inducing product either. very controlled and consistent energy[/quote]

if were talking hands down pure energy, BPI 1MR is THE BEST ive ever taken. 300mg caffeine, geranium, tyrosine, and a bunch of other goodies in one scoop.

first time i took it i ended up doing two workouts back to back that took almost 3 hours haha.[/quote]

i’ve heard good things but recently some dumbass like OD’d on it in the states and since they have dramatically reduced the amount of 1,3D in it so i never tried.

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]wannabebig25 wrote:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

first time i took it i ended up doing two workouts back to back that took almost 3 hours haha.[/quote]

i’ve heard good things but recently some dumbass like OD’d on it in the states and since they have dramatically reduced the amount of 1,3D in it so i never tried.[/quote]

they completely took out the geranium from it :frowning:

its useless to me now

[quote]gregron wrote:

Took 4 scoops today and hadn’t eaten for 3 hours prior. Got a little bit of that tingly feeling about 30 minutes later and a little energy but not much. Took it 3 hours ago and I’m really sleepy now lol. Guess it’s just not for me[/quote]

This happened to me with N.O. Explode. Jack3d works pretty well for me on an empty stomach followed by a shake about 30-45 minutes later. It’s not a godsend but it helps with intensity. Apparrantly individuals respond differently; gotta experiment around.

[quote]Bmacres wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

This happened to me with N.O. Explode. Jack3d works pretty well for me on an empty stomach followed by a shake about 30-45 minutes later. It’s not a godsend but it helps with intensity. Apparrantly individuals respond differently; gotta experiment around.[/quote]

hemo rage black! honestly i will be very surprised if you dont ever touch jack3d again

edit: the one in the small can not the big tub… i think it says “ultra concentrated version” on the label.