T Nation

Jack3d Banned in Britain

Anyone else seen or heard about this ?

I took it once last week and have just read an artical in a news paper which has scared me lol

If you get pure 1,3 dimethyl, you can just add a small scoop to any other pre-workout and you’ll get the same – if not stronger – effect than jack3d.

But yea, in the USA there’s been talks about banning for years now. I don’t know whats going on currently, but the guy at the supp store said USP labs provided sufficient research to proof safety at recommended doses to the FDA. Someone correct me if you know more on that.

Bummer, looks like all 1,3 products banned. Sida cordifolia and ephedra still easy to get your hands on

Wait WHY!?!? What would be the reason the FDA would control it?!!

???

They’ve pulled it off the shelfs, now I saw a bottle that has a “new formula” minus the DMAA.

Seriously what gives? I take 1 scoop pre workouts and get an amazing enegy rush with no jitter, big crash after sometimes but since I have the cycles to nap, I take the sleep while I can get it.

yeah i used to take napalm minigun, it had 1,3 in it, loved that shit, the new formula…not so much.

Are they replacing it with Avatar 3d?

They created Jack3d Micro or some other shit… you can still buy Jack3d at supplement stores though, they should still have it in stock. At least where I live they do, I bought like 20 bottles of jack3d. so good.

Most supplement stores in the US feel like a ban is imminent. The jack3d micro formula is completely different, it’s really not even similar, except that it’s a workout stimulant, and has a similar name. I was able to buy the stuff in ‘bulk’ recently, and paid like 15 bucks per container. This was at Vitamin Shoppe. They’re trying to get it off their shelves as quickly as possible.

As far as safety with the product goes… I suggest reading about what happened and making a decision for yourself. I personally feel strongly that the deaths that occurred were the result of SEVERE abuse of the product, among other things.

The fact that the only two deaths linked to this product were two people in the same profession does not seem like a coincidence to me. Soldiers are notorious for abusing stimulants. Not only that, both deaths occured AT THE SAME BASE. The base is in the southwest US (hottest part of US), and the deaths occurred in the hottest months of the year.

The toxicology reports indicated DMAA was in both individuals systems. The reports did NOT indicate it was the CAUSE of death. It doesn’t surprise me that the Army would rather vilify a supplement than potentially take the blame.

It gives a false/positive on drug tests. And the 1.3 demthyl doctors say its dangerous, and the FDA is trying to put it on the NCAA banned substance list. the jack3d micro, is no where better than the original, but you can still get the original in stores.

[quote]Test freak 03 wrote:
It gives a false/positive on drug tests. And the 1.3 demthyl doctors say its dangerous, and the FDA is trying to put it on the NCAA banned substance list. the jack3d micro, is no where better than the original, but you can still get the original in stores.[/quote]

It won’t give a false positive result; it will give a positive result as it is on the (WADA) banned list and has been for some time. Basically its banned from most competition use. However under the recent (UK) MHRA ruling (that it shoud be cassed as a medicinal product and, therefore must only be marketed with a marketing authorisation)

[quote]Boffin wrote:

[quote]Test freak 03 wrote:
It gives a false/positive on drug tests. And the 1.3 demthyl doctors say its dangerous, and the FDA is trying to put it on the NCAA banned substance list. the jack3d micro, is no where better than the original, but you can still get the original in stores.[/quote]

It won’t give a false positive result; it will give a positive result as it is on the (WADA) banned list and has been for some time. Basically its banned from most competition use. However under the recent (UK) MHRA ruling (that it shoud be cassed as a medicinal product and, therefore must only be marketed with a marketing authorisation)[/quote]

It can (rarely) give a false positive for amphetamines

Just for the record, I work at the vitamin shoppe, and as far as i’ve been informed we are going to continue selling jack3d. The whole DMAA ban in america is just a rumor.

I recently spoke to a USP rep who came into our store with some samples of the new Jack3d formula. He informed me that the micro formula is geared more towards endurance athletes, so therefore is not as strong as it’s big brother Jack3d. But we still have the original formula of jack3d coming in on our trucks, we have jst discontinued the grape bubblegum flavor…=/