Jack Lalanne, RIP

Jack, you have, and will continue to inspire generations. Thank you.

Farewell to one of the greatest, and one of the pioneers of bringing the gym into every day people’s lives. He was always so enthusiastic and nice about it too. Perfect ambassador for staying active. That long life is a great advertisement as well

Damn. I thought he’d outlive ME somehow.
I watched his old show on TV when I was a kid.

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:
That sucks, I have his juicer.[/quote]

He was wondering where it was. Too bad you didn’t return it like a good man before Jack died.

lol

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:
That sucks, I have his juicer.[/quote]

He was wondering where it was. Too bad you didn’t return it like a good man before Jack died.

lol
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing.

Always been a hero of mine. He did 1000 pushups in 23 minutes. I don’t believe that’s ever been duplicated. And these were real pushups, I saw the footage. One can only wonder how many people that he directly inspired through his books, TV show and general lifestyle.

He was one of the greats.

RIP Jack.

I remember being blown away when I first heard about him. It was in an interview in Muscle and Fitness mag back in the late 80s or early 90s. He was in his 70’s and could do things I couldn’t in my teens.

He was a one of a kind. Words seem very inadequate when trying to describe him.

much respect to Lalanne.

[quote]fraggle wrote:
He was a one of a kind. Words seem very inadequate when trying to describe him.[/quote]
Absolutely.

His influence on the entire fitness industry was (and is) tremendous. Along with creating some of the first commercial gyms, he’s credited with designing some of the original leg extension, pulley, and Smith machines.

And let’s not forget that, even with all his endurance stunts later in life, he was runner-up in the 1954 Mr America.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Always been a hero of mine. He did 1000 pushups in 23 minutes. I don’t believe that’s ever been duplicated. And these were real pushups, I saw the footage. One can only wonder how many people that he directly inspired through his books, TV show and general lifestyle.

He was one of the greats.[/quote]

More feats:
1959 (age 45): Jack did 1,000 star jumps and 1,000 chin-ups in 1 hour, 22 minutes

he was a true inspiration then and now.

to be honest, when i heard he died on the radio i came here to first and to my surprise there was no T-Nation article on his legacy . . .

I used to watch him on TV when I was sick at home from school, those pleated nylon pants were the tits lol. I imagine there were a few housewives rubbin’ their bean “working out” to Jack when the hubby was at work.

That vid at the top of the page will never get old or lose it’s message no matter how much time passes, good find Johnny T!

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Mad HORSE wrote:
You guys must be kidding. He was the man, and he will refuse to rest in peace. He’s up there now getting a harness and handcuffs so he can show St Peter how to really pull the gates!

Damn, this does make me rather emo though.[/quote]

He’s up there banging Mary![/quote]

I actually doubt that. By all accounts I’ve seen, he was a good faithful man. I can’ see him sleeping around, even after death.

I once read where he was really unhealthy and constantly sick as a young kid. That’s what inspired him to get both healthy and strong. That alone is inspiring. Equating muscles with health has been lost somewhere along the way in these last few decades, and I think that’s a damn shame.

The guy was an inspiration. I remember seeing him on one of those morning news/talk shows, and he started doing dips right in the interview chair. This was when he was well into his 90s.

R.I.P.

Great spirit, awesome attitude to health, fitness and life. Will be missed.

The push-ups.

RIP

may Lalanne RIP : [

A legend and a huge influence.

RIP Jack, you’re the man.

This list is from his website.

Opened the first modern health spa
 The first to have a nationally syndicated exercise show on television
 The first to have athletes working out with weights
 The first to have women working out with weights
 The first to have the elderly working out with weights
 The first to have a combination Health Food Bar and Gym
 The first to have a weight loss Instant Breakfast meal replacement drink
 The first to have a Coed health club
 The first to combine weight training with nutrition
 The first to have an edible snack nutrition bar
 The first to sell vitamins and exercise equipment on television
 The first to teach scientific body building by changing the program every 2 to 3 weeks
 The first to encourage the physically challenged to exerciseâ?¦ to work around their disabilities
 The first to do feats of strength and endurance to emphasize what exercise and nutrition can do for you
 Developed the first:
      o Leg Extension Machine
      o Weight selector machine
      o Cable/Pulley machines
      o Calf machines
      o Wrist roll machines