Jack Lalanne, RIP

Fucking guy was a legend.

What a damn shame.

That sucks, I have his juicer.

One of the last of the finest. A legend indeed.

RIP jack lalanne. a great person.

I really didn’t want it to be so.

I love this guy.

That sucks. The man was a true pioneer.

Noooooooooooooooo…was just talking about him last night :frowning:

RIP

In 1936 in his native Oakland, LaLanne opened a health studio that included weight-training for women and athletes. Those were revolutionary notions at the time, because of the theory that weight training made an athlete slow and “muscle bound” and made a woman look masculine.

“You have to understand that it was absolutely forbidden in those days for athletes to use weights,” he once said. "It just wasn’t done. We had athletes who used to sneak into the studio to work out.

“It was the same with women. Back then, women weren’t supposed to use weights. I guess I was a pioneer,” LaLanne said.

May he RIP

[quote]attydeb2005 wrote:
In 1936 in his native Oakland, LaLanne opened a health studio that included weight-training for women and athletes. Those were revolutionary notions at the time, because of the theory that weight training made an athlete slow and “muscle bound” and made a woman look masculine.

“You have to understand that it was absolutely forbidden in those days for athletes to use weights,” he once said. "It just wasn’t done. We had athletes who used to sneak into the studio to work out.

“It was the same with women. Back then, women weren’t supposed to use weights. I guess I was a pioneer,” LaLanne said.

[/quote]
Wow,times sure has changed. R.I.P

You guys must be kidding. He was the man, and he will refuse to rest in peace. He’s up there now getting a harness and handcuffs so he can show St Peter how to really pull the gates!

Damn, this does make me rather emo though.

Shitty news. Nothing but respect for the man.

[quote]Mad HORSE wrote:
You guys must be kidding. He was the man, and he will refuse to rest in peace. He’s up there now getting a harness and handcuffs so he can show St Peter how to really pull the gates!

Damn, this does make me rather emo though.[/quote]

He’s up there banging Mary!

…and Chuck Norris cried…

RIP. The guy was a dude and a half.

[quote]Mad HORSE wrote:

Damn, this does make me rather emo though.[/quote]

This.

May he put all the angels in heaven pumping iron.
Great guy, truly.

RIP? I think Madhorse has it right Jack wouldn’t want to rest in Peace. Right now his very core is reforming to define the word Awesome.

He made it plain and simple, “eat well and move”. No tricks no gimmicks no “Hot abs in 30 days crap”

In 1957, at the age of 43, LaLanne swam the Golden Gate channel while towing a 2,500-pound cabin cruiser. The swift ocean currents turned what should have been a one-mile swim into a 6.5-mile ordeal.

In 1958, when LaLanne was 44, he paddle boarded nonstop from Farallon Islands to the San Francisco shore, a distance of 30 miles. The trip took him 9.5 hours.

In 1974, LaLanne turned 60, but he showed the world that, for him, age was just a number by once again swimming from Alcatraz Island to Fisherman’s Wharf. However, this time, he was not only handcuffed but also shackled. Oh, and he towed a 1,000-pound boat.

In 1976, LaLanne commemorated the United States Bicentennial by swimming one mile in Long Beach Harbor. Despite being shackled and handcuffed, he managed to tow 13 boats (one for each of the 13 original colonies) with a total of 76 people.

In 1979, when LaLanne was 65, he towed 65 boats in Lake Ashinoko, near Tokyo, Japan. Yes, he was handcuffed and shackled, but this time, the boats were filled with 6,500 pounds of Louisiana Pacific wood pulp.

The man back in the day. RIP. : (