J4GGA2's Log: Becoming More Athletic

Man I look like sloppy shit. I hate coming to India. The diet is shit and I very rarely do more than 10min exercise per day

Wow look at my brain jump from extreme to extreme. I had a pretty wonderful realisation that my current definition of sloppy shit is way better than what it used to be. Success.

Also, I think Iā€™ve got to ditch my fetish for the 5th Set Program. Iā€™ll do it eventually, but really itā€™s a powerlifting program, and I know Iā€™ll miss doing my conditioning work / highly functional bucket walking (@liftangryordie500)

Back to WSSB or Juggernaut (Triumvirate), still not sure which one

1 Like

WSSB fam :100:

2 Likes

Itā€™s a pretty great ADD enabler, which is why I like it :joy:. That other DeFranco program you were doing, Built Like A Badass, was that a paid-for program? With my trash Google skills I couldnā€™t find it.

2 Likes

So I paid for DeFranco insider for a bit and got access to all his programs/videos/blogs etc. Bloody good value for money. So now I have all of his programs, ws4sb, build like a badass (which is like ws4sb mixed with 531), Goliath, Strongbastard 911 and a bunch of others. I like Joe D and his programs

So itā€™s a subscription? Iā€™ll have to give a look

EDIT: 30AUD/month certainly isnā€™t bad, but Iā€™ll probably hold off until I get prior employment

1 Like

You can buy individual programs but for about $30 a month you get access to everything. Heaps of workouts for their NFL guys, triple Hs WrestleMania programs and video library of special exercises so itā€™s a brilliant resource. I would advocate that over a tub of pre workout a month for young lifters. Just not in my budget right now

1 Like

Same deal here. One day maybe, over the rainbow

I mean, I donā€™t necessarily encourage it, but nothing to stop someone potentially signing up, downloading all the programs they want as PDFs and then cancelling as thereā€™s no lock inā€¦unethical, maybe. Cost effective, yes.

Trollololol

Was completely considering it :joy:

1 Like

Tuesday 8th of January
Finally back

Got to the gym first thing after getting home from Delhi, after around 26 waking hours. I attempted to go though my usual Rep Upper session, as I would on a Tuesday, but it wasnā€™t there. Instead, I decided to do a deload-esque workout to see how Iā€™m doing.

Warm-Up:

• Aggaā€™s 8

Squat, beltless / Wide pull-ups

• 20x2x5 / 2x5
  • 40x3 / 5
  • 60x5x3 / 5x5

Press / Band Face Pull-Aparts

• 30x5x5 / 5x20

DB Farmersā€™ Carries:

• 50x60ish metres
  • 60x40ish metres

Called it there

2 Likes

Good boy. WSSB rules

1 Like

Why is a guy named kleinhound calling me the good boy? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

Irony is ironic

1 Like

Wednesday 9th of April
Conditioning

Warm-Up:

• Skipping loads
  • Hill Sprints @ 70% , 80%

Hill Sprints:

• 6 x ~80m @ 15-25% gradient

My conditioning isnā€™t too bad, probably thanks to the HIIT/EMOM style calisthenics Iā€™ve been doing, but itā€™s definitely regressed. Had an asthma attack when I finish and spent a solid 40-60min to get my breathing right. Still have a mild headache and fuzziness 3 hours later

Thursday 10th of January
Dynamic-Effort Lower Body

Warm-Up:

• Aggaā€™s 8

Broad Jump / Skips:

• 5x3 / 5x50 total

Deficit Bulgarian Split Squat / Good Mornings:

• bodyweight x3x15 / 20x3x20

DB Farmersā€™ Carry:

• 40x1x100m
2 Likes

Friday 11th of January