Tuesday 7th of September
Jumps and Sprints
- Working on my handles
- Got some shots up
- Gallops, zig zag lateral runs, lateral run cuts
- 2 x 60m weave (about 75m all-up)
- 2 x 20m up + wide 180 + 20m back (about 75m all-up)
Total sprint volume: 270-300m of curves at near-max speeds
Didn’t feel super athletic today, but that could be due to a variety of things:
- Did 1x20 yesterday, and maybe had a bit of a “hangover.” Definitely possible if the muscular fatigue was higher than I expected, but at the same time it was a pretty low CNS-stress session, and I haven’t noticed the 1x20 affecting my sprint workouts before.
- I met a dude at the court today who was in 1st year physio at my uni, so we got chatting a bit and got some shots up together between sprints and jumps. This probably blew out my rest period between efforts and led me to go into my sprints a bit colder than usual
- I’ve had less sleep than usual since Friday night.
In all honesty, 3 is almost definitely the most likely reason, but I can see some other factors contributing. I’ll stick to this layout again next week, which will hopefully let me decide whether of not that 1x20 sesh on Monday is affecting the Tuesday “athletic” sesh.