J4GGA2's Log: Becoming More Athletic

Thanks for clarifying. Just looks like a condensed version of Agile 8, Limber 11, Simple 6. Not that I expected something groundbreaking.

I actually want to spend as little time as possible on this stuff, lol. That’s why I was curious about what you’ve found to give you the biggest bang for your buck in terms of (only a handful of) specific mobility/prep drills to get everything ready.

Well, the first thing is you want to reduce your dependency on prep drills as much as possible. You can do this with the right exercise choices, like:

• Goblet/zercher squats
  • Chin-ups
  • Dips
  • Split squats with hip shift
  • Landmine press

But, I know that doesn’t answer your prep work question, so here goes:

First thing I do when I walk in is hit my Zone 1 RPR, but most of my clients don’t bother so it’s early optional.

Then, I do my first warm-up set with the bar. Then I do a 1-2 correctives, then I do something explosives and I just keep repeating the process. When the barbell movement feels good, I ditch the corrective. When I’m done with my warm-up sets I ditch the explosive movement.

Common correctives I use are:

• Camporini deadlift to improve foot pronation and hip internal rotation
  • Goblet squat to improve torso position
  • Supinated active hang to improve shoulder flexion
  • DB bent-over row with an inhale at the top to improve shoulder internal rotation

This way, I can make sure that the correct I choose is helping

2 Likes

Not bhed

2 Likes

This should be an article…

Thanks for elaborating, man!
Systematic, time efficient, movement specific, and based on 'movement feedback".
Brilliant.

1 Like

Glad you found it useful! Keep me posted with any other questions you’ve got

Hey man!! I realized I wasn’t able to reply. My bad! Really appreciate this! I’ll see if I can set up some sort of cable thing at home.

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed! Good luck

1 Like

BRO YOU LOOK JACKED!!! Good shit

1 Like

Btw I have a question… Why do you want the shoulder to be protracted?

1 Like

Thanks man! I’m feeling great

Helps stop the traps and rhomboids from taking over for the delt

2 Likes

Gotcha. Thanks!!

1 Like

I’m back

Been a fucked few weeks. Barely eaten, and haven’t slept much. Still managed to get in 2x a week though.

On the bright side, I’ve moved into my first apartment, just got hired for a very cool S+C job and I’ve nearly finished my second year of uni.

Tuesday, 12th of November
Full-Body

Warm-Up

• overrated

Pairing 1: 20 minutes

• Low-Bar Squat: Bar x 5, 50 x 5, 70 x 3, 90 x 7 x 3
  • Chin-Ups: 3 x 3, 6 x 5, 1 x 4

Pairing 2: 20 minutes

• RDL: 60 x 5, 80 x 5, 110 x 6 x 5
  • OHP: 20 x 5, 30 x 5, 40 x 3 x 5, 40 x 2 x 4, 40 x 3

Reverse Curls:

• 22.5 x 12, 6+2+2

Lost so much weight :pleading_face::disappointed_relieved::sob:

3 Likes

Full time study and +work is pretty full on brah. Enjoy being busy.

Ever thought about buying meal prep companies when time is scarce. Works out on the balance of time efficiency v monies. Core Power Foods and My Muscle Chef have worked well for me this year because I’m on full time accelerated study load and working 2 days a week.

1 Like

I’d love to but not sure if I can afford it. I might need to shop around for services to see what’s good.

With what I’m eating now I can get enough food for ~$15/day which is awesome

How long do you have left at uni?

Eh works out in my mind. Say Core Power Foods $6/meal. I spend more than that on junk all the time.

More recently I’ve been buying prepped protein things from my muscle chef. $10 for 400g of pulled beef or chipotle chicken. Raw meat itself already $15-20/kilo and it saves u prep time and other ingredients all in a convenient package. Easily worth $10. Pretty tasty. So on the balance of things you save cooking/prep time and spend about the same amount of money (for me at least). At this time in my life I’m happy to pay for more free time. Might be the case for my whole life tbh because time is that kinda resource.

I’m doing an accelerated masters of teaching so meant to finish up mid next year.

2 Likes

Still training, just not recording

Thursday 26th of November
Upper 1

Warm-Up:

• Warm-ups are bullshit

Power Cleans

• Hang High Pull + Hang High Pull hold to Drop Catch + Hang Power Clean: Bar x 3-5 reps
  • 1st Pull + High Pull + Power Clean + Hang Power Clean: 40 x 3, 60 x 3, 70 x 3
  • Power Cleans: 75 x 6 x 1

Super smooth

DB Bench:

• 20s x 10
  • 27.5s x 10
  • 35s x 3
  • 32.5s x 10, 7

Competition-Style Bench:

• Bar x lots
  • 40 x 5
  • 60 x 5
  • 80 x 1
  • 77.5 x 2 x 5
  • 72.5 x 8

Giant Set:

• Seal Rows: 30 x 15, 37.5 x 12, 45 x 10
  • Dips: 8, 10, 7
  • Seated DB Curls (Alternating): 10’s x 3 x 10
  • Straight Bar Pushdowns, away from anchor: 30 x 15, 40 x 2 x 12
2 Likes

Awesome man! What field?

Health/Bio but we’ll see where we end up

1 Like

Health as in HPE?

It’s health and human development at Y12 level in Victoria. Just an excuse to ditch the whole curriculum and talk about gains

2 Likes