J4GGA2's Log: Becoming More Athletic

Check the settings in your camera, there should be a section called “ways to take pictures” where you can activate “gesture control”. Once that’s on you just hold your palm up and the camera will start a 3 second or so timer and snap the photo.

1 Like

Truly a gift from God. Apple be damned

1 Like

Thanks!

Will do, until now I’ve been starting (consciously) with eyes directly beneath the bar

Fair enough, started doing these for squats and it helped a lot.

Also, cheers for the tip with the band, it’s gold

77.0kg this morning. Going to take an early deload as I’ll be in Sydney next week, and can probably only get to the gym twice.

1’s Week: Cycle 3
Deadlifts

TM: 95kg

Mobility:

• Thoracic Spine, Ankles and Shoulder Mobility
  • Lazy Lifter

Warm-Up:

• 37.5x5/47.5x5/57.5x5 DL, ss with
  • 5x3 Broad Jumps

Deads:

• 72.5x5
  • 80x5
  • 90x5
  • 100x2 (1st Joker, 105% TM)
  • 110x1 (2nd Joker, 115% TM)

Squats, FSL:

• 20x a large some
  • 40x smaller some
  • 60x5x5, EMOM

Assistance:

Circuit of:

• Dips: 8x5, 1x5+2+2+1
  • Pull-Ups: 8x5, 1x6+4
  • Toes-to-Bar Leg Raises: 8x5, 1x10

Then,

• DB Farmers’ Walk: 40kg per hand for 25-35m

Totals:

• Push: 50
  • Pull: 50
  • Core: 50-75

Time (Excluding Mobility):
1:09:03

Notes:

• Deadlift felt very ‘misgrooved.’ Got a pretty wicked low back pump and my lats and back didn’t feel as tight as they should have. Still hit a nice weight today though
  • Squats felt okay. Hips feel a bit creaky which is strange, might fiddle around with toe position
  • Pretty whacked after the bodyweight circuit, so I didn’t do too much volume with the farmers’ walks
1 Like

Form check
Deadlifts

These seem okay, but any tips are appreciated.
PS: I realise I didn’t properly lock the bar out, my bad.

Looks like the bar windmills a fair bit

Windmills?

EDIT: Oh gotcha, figured out what this means.

Yeah, I fell at the start of the week, bruised my hip. I think that’s causing some twisting to go on. I’ve also got a fair few scrapes on my left leg, so it’s likely I’m not keeping the bar as tight to that side as possible (that shit stings)

1 Like

Wait wtf lol? Deadlifting the bar then putting it in the rack😂. Well that saves alot of time

2 Likes

Life hacks. Stripping plates on the floor is a pain in the ass

2 Likes

Just roll it back onto some 1.25kg plates, like a mcguyvers deadlift jack

2 Likes

Cheers for the tip

So far my training has been interrupted by 3 toilet breaks and I haven’t even finished the warm-up

PS Smidge under 77kg today

1’s Week: Cycle 3
Press

TM: 42.5kg

Mobility:

• Thoracic Spine, Ankle and Shoulder Mobility
  • Lazy Lifter

Warm-up:

• 20x5/25x5 Press, ss with
  • 3x5 Med Ball Push Throw

Press:

• 30x5
  • 35x5
  • 40x5
  • 45x1 (1st Joker, 105% TM) PR
  • 47.5x0 (2nd Joker, 110% TM)

Bench, FSL:

• 20x some
  • 35x some more
  • 45x5x5, EMOM

Assistance:

• Chest-Supported DB Rows: 35x5x10
  • Front Plate Raise: 10x5x15
  • GHR’s: 2x10, 6x5

Totals:

• Push: 75
  • Pull: 50
  • Core: 50

Time (Excluding Mobility):
1:00:29

Notes:

• In regards to the press, I have two paths going forward. I can either increase my TM as usual and cut the jokers, or reset my TM to 37.5kg (-10%). I feel the latter is a better option going forwards
  • Tired and stomach-achy today. Cut the assistance short and stuck with somewhat easier movements
  • Benching felt very weird today
1 Like

I’m not sure what TM means but more sets is always favoured.

I like the neatness of your log and good duration (1h!).

You seem like the typical hardworking T-logger who has a healthy dose of self-respect and dedication to lifting so cheers.

Good formatting is gold. I love it.

4 Likes

Thanks for checking in @darkcop!

A TM is a training max used to calculate working weights, should you ever need one.

Cheers for the kind words mate, who doesn’t like a bit of flattery? I guess my super OCD logging is paying off :laughing:

It’s a very strong point, speaks wonders about your character and has the last say in who is more diligent.

I was trained by a very diligent woman who has accolades all over the world and girls are the neatest so I look out for these points in men.

Fair play. I’m assuming when you said trained by a woman you were coached? Out of curiosity, who was it?

I looked into her videos and understood her training profile and disposition. You don’t necessarily have to be trained by the person to be coached by them. It depends on how diligent you are. Stalk them, get hold of their videos and soon their abilities will be yours.

In my case, it’s the best female climber in America/World.

Sasha D?

Interesting point, and actually quite true the more I think about it. I spend a lot of time reading/watching/listening to Dan John, even though I’m running 5/3/1. I find he has the most amazing attitude towards training, and is one of the best at cutting the crap.

Do you climb often? I got really into bouldering until it started to burn me out