T Nation

Izer Rage Bench Shirt

im getting a rage shirt never benched with 1 but got a training partner that knows them well.hes been competing for years,any i got my max last night raw it was 360lbs when i get used to the shirt how much should i get out of it,my strong point on my bench is the top half,i have a strong lockout.

Don’t know how much carryover you get, but I’m interested in finding out once you try it. Inzer rage is single ply right? I just bought a Metal IPF Presser and I got a 60lb. carryover the first time I used it.

I’d say with a bit more training and adapting to the shirt you both could and should be getting in the 100lb neighborhood given what you bench raw

How do you like the Metal presser? What size do you have and what weight class are you in? I have been trying to get in to tighter and tighter shirts lately.

I jsut got a metal presser for xmas. mine is a size 52 and id be in the 198 weight class. i have only put in on twice and havent taken a max in it yet plan to this thursday. this is my first shirt but I like it so far, not that i can compare it to anything, but after talking to Jim wendler I worked on my groove and was able to touch 225 realitvly easy (my raw max is around (315) Im curious to see how the rage works aswell, whats the difference between the rage and the Rage x?

[quote]j62usa wrote:
I jsut got a metal presser for xmas. mine is a size 52 and id be in the 198 weight class. i have only put in on twice and havent taken a max in it yet plan to this thursday. this is my first shirt but I like it so far, not that i can compare it to anything, but after talking to Jim wendler I worked on my groove and was able to touch 225 realitvly easy (my raw max is around (315) Im curious to see how the rage works aswell, whats the difference between the rage and the Rage x?[/quote]

The Rage X has a smaller chest-plate.

got my rage here,put it on last night,worked up to 435 couldnt get it to touch was about 4 inches off my chest.right arm bigger shredded it up alot shredded my under arms alot lol, i guess thats a part of the darkside lol,i just hope i can break it in before march 24,any ideas on how to break it in quicker,im going to buy a soccer ball and flatten it and stick it in the right arm to make it fit any better.im thinking right now at least 465 will make it touch and my raw max aint but 360 so i think im going to get alot out of this shirt

Louie Simmons has articles on this subject over at Westside’s web site. Basically it involved pull the neck collar up to get a lighter weight to touch. You can also try wetting it. From 360 to a projected 465+ sounds on the high end of just about right on.

Once you get the groove down and can touch a proportionally lighter weight then you can start jacking the neck collar down and going for 500

thanx man,and plus i cant get my grip right i got a wide grip but i cant reach out as wide,does that get better to?and whats westside website?

If you’re going to be successful in your shirt, put your index finger on the rings, tuck your elbows, and bring it as low as your federation will allow.

Work in your shirt often, as well, going to the chest. And instead of using boards with lighter weights when warming up, just try to pull it as low as you can and press it up when it can’t go down anymore.

If your federation allows it, pull your head off the bench to get the bar that last half inch.

Bear

[quote]edenguync77 wrote:
got my rage here,put it on last night,worked up to 435 couldnt get it to touch was about 4 inches off my chest.right arm bigger shredded it up alot shredded my under arms alot lol, i guess thats a part of the darkside lol,i just hope i can break it in before march 24,any ideas on how to break it in quicker,im going to buy a soccer ball and flatten it and stick it in the right arm to make it fit any better.im thinking right now at least 465 will make it touch and my raw max aint but 360 so i think im going to get alot out of this shirt[/quote]

Why do you need to break it in quicker? Its January. Don’t use the soccer ball, you’ll stretch out the sleeves too much. The sleeves need to be very tight anyway. You’re probably ok with the fit you have now. Give it at least 2 more workouts and you’ll see a big difference.

You may have to just do partials on those days but it will stretch out naturally on the underarm seam. And you’ll be able to touch. Most shirts ive had – both inzer and titan – have taken 3 or 4 workouts to get a full comfortable range of motion in

thanx i was worried about the soccerball thing anyway,and yes i was trying a wide ass grip almost outside the ring

March 24th huh…what weight are you competing at? is it wabdl? I am doing a March 24th meet in pasco washington. I jsut got a single ragex…have never used one…my raw is a 365 or more now…curious to see what i get outta mine too. good lucck