I've Had it With Gyms!!!

[quote]crowbar524 wrote:
Has anyone ever heard of the “Body-Solid Powerlift”? It’s a free-weight LEVERAGE gym. It has three work stations that allow you to use free weights on leverage machines. It has gotten very good reviews, and it looks complete and well built.

It’s just that I’m unsure if I could get a really effective workout from this–although it seems so. I have to say my interests lie primarily in the area of body-building type training these days.

Do you guys think this unit (which you can see at www.factoryfitness.com), coupled with an olmpyic bar and powerbloc selectorized dumbells would give me a good home gym?

Thanks,

Crowbar[/quote]

I have the Body Solid power rack. I’m not sure how that one works. If it is a Smith-machine setup, I’d skip it. And do you need all the stuff that it comes with? All you really need is a power rack, bench and Olympic weight set.

I have a Body Solid rack as well. They make great equipment.

The only commercial gym that I’ve ever truly loved closed years ago. I started putting together a home gym about two years ago. I just recently took the advice of others here at T-Nation and bought some equipment from elitefts.com. It’s the most solid shit I’ve ever seen. The triangle handle I bought for chins weighs 5 pounds! Needless to say—I’m impressed. I’ll never buy equipment from anywhere else. I’m also in better shape than I’ve ever been. To hell with commercial gyms. Who needs 'em?

One word: E-bay.