I've Got the Shits

[quote]bigdude wrote:
Oh, and it is GNC Pro Performance MEGA WHEY that fuckin kills me. Is this not quality?

also, anyone have a link to where I can buy some good “quality” protein as you all have suggested?

Thanks.[/quote]

you’re here already.

-chris

[quote]bigdude wrote:
I am new to this whole body building thing. I just got serious like 6 months ago - but have been lifting for track and football for 10 years.

Anyway…I started drinking a lot of whey protein and egg protein powder mix crap and have been doing so for like 5 months. This stuff makes me shit like no other and when i am not shitting I am farting…this is a serious issue. I figured it was just my body getting used to new things i was putting into it, but its been 5 months…

anyone else have this problem and/or know of some protein that won’t force me to make pepto bismol and beano part of my everyday diet?[/quote]

Eat less. use more solid foods.

switch brands until you find one that is ok on your guts.

Drop the egg powder.

Drink it with solid meals, better gut chemical reactions.

there are a large percentage of people with whey allergies. NOTE: I do not mena lactose intolerant, I mean allergies. irritable gut could likely be an allergic reaction.

-chris

The debate over GNC whey (among other powders) being a quality one or not is a long debate that has been gone over many times on this forum, and does not really need to be revisited…

It does need to be pointed out, however, that, regardless of what you believe, (I personally think it’s crap) Metabolic Drive is available here at this site, T-Nation, for CHEAPER than any of the GNC protein powders I’ve ever seen. It tastes a thousand times better, and I’ve never heard of anyone having GI problems with it like people do with cheaper powders.

Take it for what it’s worth…

hey man-- haha same problem here.

while i’m not completely cleared up, a few things has helped. first, my doctor had me do a 14 day stint on prilosec to cure up excess acid, and also i started taking probiotics (trader joes has a cheap one, does anyone know of its any good?). also now i eat a LOT more vegitables than i used to (at least some w/ every meal). its now at the point where the attacks are pretty much 2-2.5 hrs after eat time eating, and also right before i need to shit. its easy to fix the shit ones… and then u can time the other attacks to when you dont have to be around ppl.

anyone else do this? it is relieving to find i’m not the only one w/ this problem