T Nation

I've Got a Cool Doctor

Ive found one. He is a doctor that works out of a hospital and is owner of an anti aging operation.

Ive spoken with his assistant several times now who handles the computer/tech side of things. Basically, Im going in for bloodwork first to see where I stand. His assistant is actually a good friend of mine.

Honestly, I have NO idea what my test will come out as. Some days I feel like I can conquer the world. Others, well, you get the picture. My workout recovery kinda sucks and my CNS seems like it get taxed pretty easily.

My plan is this - Regardless of how I test out as, Im gonna try Alpha Male and get retested and see what a boost it gives me, just so I know.

I may not even need Alpha Male long term. Or HRT. Maybe I will. Depends on how I test out as. We’ll see.

And before I get a flood of PM’s, I can’t give the docs name/place out without his permission for obvious reasons.

what exactly is the point of this post? you know you want people to pm you even though you say not too. your a dork who is just trying to advertise.

It seems like he is going to document his Alpha Male results…

Didn’t Chris Shugart or someone write up a way to get HRT by screwing up your testosterone levels to the point of castration. The whole purpose was to fail the test, get HRT, and then save up all your shots until you could cycle it normally. Of course you would bring your T levels back to normal after the examination.

It was a rather diabolical T-Nation write up, hahaha. Entertaining concept at least.

Oh yeah, it was Cy Wilson, query “Your Doctor, Your Dealer”, there are two parts. Good read, especially for those guys who are older, but not really at any age where they would normally qualify for HRT and want to go about getting there stuff legally.

But us younger guys, it’s entertaining but realistically - a guy under 35 doing that would just be a joke, I guess.

[quote]strongwall wrote:
what exactly is the point of this post? you know you want people to pm you even though you say not too. your a dork who is just trying to advertise.[/quote]

Your an idiot. Im going to document the whole process. Show my test results.

[quote]HoratioSandoval wrote:
It seems like he is going to document his Alpha Male results…[/quote]

Exactly

[quote]Lejes wrote:
Oh yeah, it was Cy Wilson, query “Your Doctor, Your Dealer”, there are two parts. Good read, especially for those guys who are older, but not really at any age where they would normally qualify for HRT and want to go about getting there stuff legally.

But us younger guys, it’s entertaining but realistically - a guy under 35 doing that would just be a joke, I guess. [/quote]

Look around, there are ALOT of people under 35 with low test.

That article is gold when your test is borderline low, but the overcautious doc with no nads won’t help.

Ok. Ive got some paperwork in. This is what they recommend to be getting tested.

IGF-1
Total Test
Free Test
DHEA-S
Estradoil
DHT
PSA
TSH
Free t3
Free t4
HgbA1-C
VAP Panel
AST
CBC with Diff
BUN/CR
Glu
Lytes
ALT

Seems a bit excessive, LOL, I dont even know what the last 8 of these are, maybe Cy or someone can shed some light. I may just say I dont want them tested.

[quote]T-Nick wrote:
Ok. Ive got some paperwork in. This is what they recommend to be getting tested.

IGF-1
Total Test
Free Test
DHEA-S
Estradoil
DHT
PSA
TSH
Free t3
Free t4
HgbA1-C
VAP Panel
AST
CBC with Diff
BUN/CR
Glu
Lytes
ALT

Seems a bit excessive, LOL, I dont even know what the last 8 of these are, maybe Cy or someone can shed some light. I may just say I dont want them tested.[/quote]

VAP panel is a fancy cholesterol panel. it looks at your cholesterol a lot more closely than the standard test. It looks at the size of the particles etc. It is more sensitive in picking up people at risk for heart disease

HgbA1C (hemoglobin A1C) is a test that will allow your doc to determine your average blood sugar over the past 3 months. Looking of diabetes

AST/ALT are liver enzymes. Also known as SGOT and SGPT

CBC with diff- Complete blood count with differential. Looks at the white blood cell count, red blood cell count, platelet count. Looks at the sizes of the various cells and the differential breaks down the white blood cells into the various types of white blood cells (lumphocytes, neutrophils, etc.)

BUN/Cr = Blood urea nitrogen and creatinine- Looks at Kidney function.

Lytes= electrolytes- sodium, potassium, chloride, bicarbonate, often calcium, sometimes magnesium and phosphorus.

GLU= Glucose, or “blood sugar”

[quote]teratos wrote:
T-Nick wrote:

IGF-1
Total Test
Free Test
DHEA-S
Estradoil
DHT
PSA
TSH
Free t3
Free t4
HgbA1-C
VAP Panel
AST
CBC with Diff
BUN/CR
Glu
Lytes
ALT

Seems a bit excessive, LOL, I dont even know what the last 8 of these are, maybe Cy or someone can shed some light. I may just say I dont want them tested.

VAP panel is a fancy cholesterol panel. it looks at your cholesterol a lot more closely than the standard test. It looks at the size of the particles etc. It is more sensitive in picking up people at risk for heart disease

HgbA1C (hemoglobin A1C) is a test that will allow your doc to determine your average blood sugar over the past 3 months. Looking of diabetes

AST/ALT are liver enzymes. Also known as SGOT and SGPT

CBC with diff- Complete blood count with differential. Looks at the white blood cell count, red blood cell count, platelet count. Looks at the sizes of the various cells and the differential breaks down the white blood cells into the various types of white blood cells (lumphocytes, neutrophils, etc.)

BUN/Cr = Blood urea nitrogen and creatinine- Looks at Kidney function.

Lytes= electrolytes- sodium, potassium, chloride, bicarbonate, often calcium, sometimes magnesium and phosphorus.

GLU= Glucose, or “blood sugar”
[/quote]

Very cool man, thanks alot! It all sounds reasonable and Im curoius to know where I stand on some of these.

I should be solid on creatine levels :wink:
Magnesium(ZMA) Im good to go as well. The doc should be quite impressed with both of those :slight_smile:

My cholesterol should be great as well. Im big into cardio type stuff and Ive been using fish oil for along time now.

Blood sugar should be solid too. Ive been eating clean for pretty much over a year straight now.

IGF-1 and DHEA should be pretty solid. Im only 27!

Thyroid function should be great as well. Hell, I carry around a single digit BF level, and I can gain or lose weight with relative ease. So I should be fine.

Im curious to see how my estradoil will come out as, considering Ive been on REZ-V for over a month now.

All of the areas Im really not worried about except for free/total test. Thats the biggie. Thats the one Im worried about.

But I see it as a win win situation really. If I test low, or borderline low, say below 400, I get HRT. No ifs ands or buts about it. I know the doc is very willing to hand out HRT. If I test normal, great, Im normal and I can put things off for another 5 years! I’ll get some alpha, get retested, and see what kind of boost I get. If I test high, hell, same scenario, and I’ll be really happy.

I dont know what you think your going to get out of HRT. Im 22 and on E2W Test due to slightly lower levels. IT IS NOT STEROID LEVELS , you will not gain huge amounts of mass and you will not get shredded.

Either go on a real cycle or dont do it at all. Having to goto the Dr. every 2 weeks or even more often is a inconvence without any gains you probably wouldnt make without it.

Other than a slightly better mood I havnt even seen any changes (did bloat a bit 4wks in) . Ill probably go off soon and begin my own long term cycle. My doctor offered it to me when I explained my proposed cycle to him ( we had been monitoring my blood work for another matter).

Bottom line is unless you really need it , dont bother .

[quote]bboybean wrote:
I dont know what you think your going to get out of HRT. Im 22 and on E2W Test due to slightly lower levels. IT IS NOT STEROID LEVELS , you will not gain huge amounts of mass and you will not get shredded.

Either go on a real cycle or dont do it at all. Having to goto the Dr. every 2 weeks or even more often is a inconvence without any gains you probably wouldnt make without it.

Other than a slightly better mood I havnt even seen any changes (did bloat a bit 4wks in) . Ill probably go off soon and begin my own long term cycle. My doctor offered it to me when I explained my proposed cycle to him ( we had been monitoring my blood work for another matter).

Bottom line is unless you really need it , dont bother .[/quote]

Im not loking to make gains. I know how to gain weight/muscle and if thats what I wanted to do, I could quite easily.

Im just looking to see where I stand, numbers wise, and weigh my options from there.

Plus, I, like alot of people, am wondering exactly how much of a boost I can get from Alpha Male. The numbers don’t lie, and soon we’ll find out, at least in my case.

[quote]T-Nick wrote:
Lejes wrote:

But us younger guys, it’s entertaining but realistically - a guy under 35 doing that would just be a joke, I guess.

That article is gold when your test is borderline low, but the overcautious doc with no nads won’t help.[/quote]

I am 20 and on HRT. My numbers were crap (314ng/dl total t, 5.0 bio-t) as were my horrible symptoms. The idea that everyone under 35 has great levels is retarded.

[quote]keaster wrote:
T-Nick wrote:
Lejes wrote:

That article is gold when your test is borderline low, but the overcautious doc with no nads won’t help.

I am 20 and on HRT. My numbers were crap (314ng/dl total t, 5.0 bio-t) as were my horrible symptoms. The idea that everyone under 35 has great levels is retarded.

[/quote]

How have you been feeling since you have been on ? I have only been on for 6wks but have seen a bit of improvment in general attitude.

Okay, I get my blood drawn next week. It takes 7 days for results to get back. I’ll keep ya’ll updated.

creatinine is NOT a measure of CREATINE levels. Serum creatinine is something measured to get an indirect idea of your kidney function. It is a byproduct of creatine. You actually want your creatinine levels to be in the normal range.

People who take creatine will sometimes see their creatinine be elevated. This is a false elevation due to the creatine supplemetation. Make sure the doc knows you take creatine, it will help when interpreting the test.

[quote]teratos wrote:
creatinine is NOT a measure of CREATINE levels. Serum creatinine is something measured to get an indirect idea of your kidney function. It is a byproduct of creatine. You actually want your creatinine levels to be in the normal range.

People who take creatine will sometimes see their creatinine be elevated. This is a false elevation due to the creatine supplemetation. Make sure the doc knows you take creatine, it will help when interpreting the test. [/quote]

Thanks. Yea I have exactly every supplement and exact dosages written down for the doctor.

Blood work on monday. Hopefully I dont get some clueless nurse who stabs me like she’s Hellen Keller looking for a vein.

[quote]keaster wrote:
T-Nick wrote:
Lejes wrote:
[/quote]I am 20 and on HRT. My numbers were crap (314ng/dl total t, 5.0 bio-t) as were my horrible symptoms. [quote]The idea that everyone under 35 has great levels is retarded.
[/quote]

Say you have never had a whiff of AAS ever in your life.
What do real life Test levels look like (for the 22-35 demographic)? We all know the range …between 300 and 1500…but really…don’t tell me a certain bud of yours clocked 1420 or a 1280 ng/dl naturally.

Test levels stay spiked for prolonged periods for members of street gangs.

Obviously thats a diff cross-section …I’m just talking about a population of your averagely fit Joes not some bell-curve breaking anamolies.

My wild-out-west guess says…tops 600 for the never-ever-steroid-touched male.
whaddayathink?

[quote]boroughbred wrote:
keaster wrote:
T-Nick wrote:
Lejes wrote:

=======
Say you have never had a whiff of AAS ever in your life.
What do real life Test levels look like (for the 22-35 demographic)? We all know the range …between 300 and 1500…but really…don’t tell me a certain bud of yours clocked 1420 or a 1280 ng/dl naturally.

Test levels stay spiked for prolonged periods for members of street gangs.

Obviously thats a diff cross-section …I’m just talking about a population of your averagely fit Joes not some bell-curve breaking anamolies.

My wild-out-west guess says…tops 600 for the never-ever-steroid-touched male.
whaddayathink?[/quote]

Yea, I think your about right. Your average, normal healthy fit guy 21-35ish usually is around 550 - 650.

I think I read somewhere that Tim Patterson(Biotest Head guy) has a natural test of over 1000. It seems though that these type of people are rare(and i dont think its a coincidence that a CEO of a succefull company like Biotest has naturally awesome T-Levels BTW ;), I truly believe that test levels can be a make or break factor in succeeding in not just athletics, but life in general.