I've Got A Bar And I'm Not Afraid To Use It - Pinkylifting Log

What is this? Found one video of a guy doing a one-legged squat in a power rack with an SSB when Googling.

Basically I CBA to go back to doing proper pistol squats, I don’t have the mobility without my squat shoes, so it means pistols while.i hold onto a bar for balance, so my legs rather than stability limit reps

1 Like

Dorsiflexion improving as a result?

Only done it for one session as a Hatfield style, but doing pistols through summer didn’t do anything for it. I don’t have that bad d-flexion though, knee well past my toes, so I’m not sure that’s actually the limiting factor. More likely tight (weak) hamstrings, but basically I tend to fall backwards so better D-flex feels like the easiest solution, or at least the most direct.

A few of the exercises here opened up some additional dorsiflexion for me

1 Like

Lockdown 3 - workout 2
Ring push-ups
BW x 35 x 3

Double band high row
2" x 20 x 3

Hatfield Pistol Squats
BW x 15 x 3

Reverse Lunges
BW x 20 x 3

A workout at least half arsed enough to bother recording.

Ring archer pull-up
BW x 5es x 3

Pistol shrimps
BW x 10 x 3

L-Sit bulgarian ring dips
BW x 6 x 3

Tuck lever ring row
BW x 8 x 3

Ring shoulder Ys
BW x 15 x 3

Banded pallof press
2" x 15 x 3

1 Like

A little more half arsed than last time, but in my defence i really did want to do the dips, my shoulder just said no. Recurring pain in my acromioclavicular joint that originally stopped me benching is now stopping me dipping or overhead pressing. Concern face.

A workout at least half arsed enough to bother recording.

Ring archer pull-up
BW x 5es x 3

Pistol shrimps
BW x 10 x 3

Tuck lever ring row
BW x 8 x 3

Standing band pull-throughs
2" x 20 x 3

Ring shoulder Ys
BW x 15 x 3

Banded pallof press
2" x 15 x 3

1 Like

More of the same

Ring archer pull-up
BW x 6es x 1
BW x 5es x 2

Pistol shrimps
BW x 10 x 3

Supported bulgarian ring dips
BW x 15 x 3

Tuck lever ring row
BW x 8 x 3

Ring shoulder Ys
BW x 15 x 3

Ring standing ab rollout
BW x 10 x 3

A new variation on a half arsed workout, courtesy of a new pair of ,22.5kg dumbbells.

Standing 2arm bent over DB row
22.5 x 25 x 5

Seated DB Shoulder Press
22.5 x 20 x 3

DB curl
22.5 x 8 x 2

DB overhead tricep extension
22.5 x 30 x 2

Pronators
22.5 x 8 x. 4

Risers
22.5 x 8 x 4

1 Like

HomeGym Workout 1

So I’ve got a new house, It has a garage, and I’ve started to buy home gym stuff. It’s all very exciting.

So far only the bar, flooring and a few cheap plates have been delivered, but things are ordered an en route.

Sumo Deadlift
190 x 5 x 3
190 x 10

Conventional Deadlift
190 x 2 x 2

Decided not to push it too hard on day 1, since I am incredibly detrained. Let’s build it up slow.

My new bar has some vicious knurling, hands gong to have to toughen up quick.

5 Likes

Nice! Great that you managed to find some kit in the UK, what bar did you get? What other kit you got on order?

1 Like

I am deeply jealous :joy:

My bar and plates arrived in December- just can’t use them :sob:

1 Like

Well, I don’t know anything about the bar other than its stiff and rated 450kg. I couldn’t find anything in stock so I bought it on gumtree ha, new but unknown. There’s a star on the side of the sleeve if anyone knows what brand that implies.

So far I’ve just got the bar, some rubber matting and 170kg of budget plates. Ive got 2x25kg bumpers on order, a Force USA PT rack with multi pullup handles coming Friday, and getting 70kg of thin steel plates made up (20, 10, 5). I make that 310 total weight and all the basics sorted

1 Like

When i say budget plates, i really mean budget. Buying a house is expensive it turns out, so im running with tight purse strings.

I know a guy who’s been making steel reinforced concrete olympic style plates over lockdown, 20% the price of second hand bumpers, so my first 170 is all concrete. If nothing else I guess it will teach me not to drop the bar.

Home gym workout 2

Sumo Deadlift
190 x 8 x 3
190 x 12

Conventional Deadlift
190 x 2 x 3

DB Curl
22.5 x 8

Barbell Curl
65 x 3 x 3

Pronators
22.5 x 10 x 5

slowly working up

2 Likes

spent a while cutting up rubber flooring mats and removing some skanky old carpets from my new gym, so ran out of time for any sort of productive workout.

Home Gym Workout 3
Overhead Press
70 x 5 x 3

Clean to Front Squat
70 x 10 x 3

RDL
70 x 18 x 3

Barbell Ab Wheel - Standing
BW x 5 x 3

1 Like

That’s probably even more painful than not having them in the first place.

1 Like

Home Gym Workout 4
Squat rack arrived, and built my own plate loaded pulley pushdown to hang from the rack.

High bar squat
70 x 8 super rusty
70 x 8 a little less rusty
70 x 8 normal level of rusty
110 x 5
150 x 5
150 x 5
150 x 5

Well that was a humbling and painful reintroduction to squats

Neutral pull-ups - narrow
BW x 5 x 3

Neutral pull-ups - wide
BW x 5 x 3

Pronators
22.5 x 10 x 3

Risers
22.5 x 10 x 3

Tricep pushdown - rope
22.5 x 25 x 2

4 Likes

That’s budget but they’re actually available you buy and cheap and it gets you back lifting so it’s so good! Home gyms are a life long thing you’re never done spending money so no need to rush it all now, particularly given current supplies and costs!

Yea very true. Already notice that there is always something new to add to the wish list for everything that comes off it. I definitely plan on replacing the crete plates with bumpers and cast iron over time, just spreading that cost ha. £1 per KG is hardly wasted if it facilitates lifting for the next 3 months, as you say worth it, basically the same cost as 3 months of gym membership.

2 Likes