I've Created a Monster! (Pudding)

So, i am making my nightly protein pudding, which is nothing more than 3 scoops whey protein hydro, 2 tb. natty pb, a tiny bit of water, put it in the freezer . . . an hour later kaboom!

But tonight, I was feeling a bit frisky and started experimenting. Ladies and gentleman, I present to you chocolate peanut butter pumpkin coffee dream pudding

2-3 scoops chocolate whey
1/4 cup pumpkin
2 tb natty pb
1 tb natty almond butter
3-4 tb organic unsweetened cocoa
3 tb organic coffee

First, add the whey to the bowl and mix with just enough water that it comes out to a thick pudding texture. Then, add the 1-4 cup pumpkin and mix until you cannot see the pumpkin. Then, add cocoa pretty much at will until the color turns a dark, rich brown. Add in your nut butters and coffee until they are dissolved in the mix. Put in freezer for about 1 hour. My girlfriend just tried it and shes making me make a serving for her.

Nutritional info:

Cals: 600-650
Protein: 65 grams
Fat: 40 grams
Carbs: 8 net carbs (about 5-6 fiber)

Let the flaming begin! LOL

flaming?! Posts like this are great! Nutrition is very important.

Just an idea - might want to consider replacing the whey with casein for something right before bed.

Since the hydro whey is so fast acting it has a significant insulin response. This is in contrast to casein, though.

I have a similar shake every night. I add 3 raw eggs, though.

Cheers!

“You’re the man now, dawg!”

What if you put in a cup of cottage cheese for the casein protein content? Perhaps instead of 1 scoop of whey?

Sounds good regardless. Thanks for the recipe!

I do something similar:

2 T natural peanut butter
3 T Metabolic Drive Strawberry or Chocolate
3 T Hood Calorie Countdown 2%
1/2 T unsweetened cocoa (only if using the chocolate Metabolic Drive)

I melt the peanut butter in the microwave, add everything else, then freeze for about an hour.

It also works really well with 1 T of Hood and 1 T of heavy cream. It actually comes out like ice cream.

Well, the hydro is the only thing I had in stock tonight, usually I use a whey/casein mix. I figured the 40 g of fat and 6 g fiber would blunt the insulin response quite a bit.

Raw eggs, huh? Raw eggs is something I have been contemplating for a long time but all the research I do indicates cooked is the way to go . . .

I want to look like Sly in Rocky, so I eat raw eggs. :wink:

Cooking anything (applying heat to anything) destroys it to some extent. Can’t get any more efficient than cracking it into your mouth and swallowing.

[quote]eggers wrote:
I do something similar:

I melt the peanut butter in the microwave, add everything else, then freeze for about an hour.

It also works really well with 1 T of Hood and 1 T of heavy cream. It actually comes out like ice cream.[/quote]

What measurement is T? Do you mean TBSP?

I thought you meant TBSP but then it doesn’t make sense to me, since 2 of PB and 3 of MD would yield such a small volume of pudding.

[quote]Sklander wrote:

Cooking anything (applying heat to anything) destroys it to some extent. Can’t get any more efficient than cracking it into your mouth and swallowing.[/quote]

With certain foods, you can. Eggs and tomatoes, supposedly, can have their nutrients better utilized through cooking.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
eggers wrote:
I do something similar:

It also works really well with 1 T of Hood and 1 T of heavy cream. It actually comes out like ice cream.

What measurement is T? Do you mean TBSP?

I thought you meant TBSP but then it doesn’t make sense to me, since 2 of PB and 3 of MD would yield such a small volume of pudding.[/quote]

Yeah, it’s a tablespoon. The three tablespoons of Hood milk adds a good amount of volume. I always eat it slowly (I kind of have to since I freeze it), so I don’t mind smaller portion.

my personal favorite…

makes 2 or 3 servings.

2 cups 1% Whipped cottage cheese
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
3 tbsp natural pb
2 tsp ground flax
2 to 4 tbsp Hood Chocolate Calorie Countdown

mix WELL and stick in the fridge.

I like

2 scoops Metabolic Drive
1/2c plain nonfat yogurt
1-2 TBSP nut butter

Mix it up and freeze it, comes out like ice cream.

[quote]Sklander wrote:

Cooking anything (applying heat to anything) destroys it to some extent. Can’t get any more efficient than cracking it into your mouth and swallowing.[/quote]

The bioavailability of eggs goes up when cooked. Raw is ~50% cooked is around 90% IIRC

Sounds like a graet recipe. How does the coffee effect you before bed? Have you noticed any problems?

That sounds awesome tasting but with the coffee it might make it a little difficult to sleep. Otherwise it sounds great.

In terms of the coffee, its not a large amount, and it gives the pudding a real nice aftertaste.

I’ve built up quite a tolerance to stims, so 50 mg caffeine from a small bit of coffee is literally nothing to me.

I can give coffee a buzz.

50 mg? Please, from my tear ducts.

My personal favorite is a scoop of vanilla Metabolic Drive and about 1/3 a brick of softened cream cheese. Top with some strawberries and you have the greatest no-bake cheesecake filling on the planet.