T Nation

I've Been Unaccountable


#1

Hey this is SANIK and currently I am reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand and learning through the novel, Ayn Rands philosophy objecetivism. Since I fractured my finger in a stupid fight that I could have avoided I've used it as an EXCUSE not to be in the gym doing cardio and doing my legs and core work out. So I have not been accountable to the bros in here and I'm currently leaning on my past momentum which aint alright with.

So this is to hold myself to my own word I will be BACK in the gym as of saturday. Believe me I dont think I am so special person who deserves special notice or anything out of the ordinary like I said it's to be accountable.

S~


#2

So, it took a second-rate novelist and pseudo-philosopher to get you to realize being responsible is part of being an adult?

lol


#3

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
So, it took a second-rate novelist and pseudo-philosopher to get you to realize being responsible is part of being an adult?

lol[/quote]

As a member of the Ayn Rand Foundation, I resent that.

Also, read The Fountainhead, it’s much better.


#4

Will you be starting a training log?


#5

Just a matter of time before HH puts his 2 worthless cents in here.

lol


#6

Weird… I just started reading Atlas Shrugged a week ago.


#7

Who the fuck is Ayn Rand? The new hip philosopher? Each time I see anything related to philosophy it is: I am reading Ayn Rand blablabla


#8

OP, go change your name to something more American


#9

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
Who the fuck is Ayn Rand? The new hip philosopher? Each time I see anything related to philosophy it is: I am reading Ayn Rand blablabla[/quote]

She’s as trendy as low fat oreo’s. She’s appeared on Oprah a few times, and even co-hosted an episode of American Idol with Ryan Seacrest.

Actually, she was a writer/philosopher at her most prominent during the 40’s and 50’s.

Oh, and she died sometime in the 80’s.


#10

I just do not believe in internet forum accountability.


#11

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
Who the fuck is Ayn Rand? The new hip philosopher? Each time I see anything related to philosophy it is: I am reading Ayn Rand blablabla[/quote]

Google still works.


#12

Ayn Rand is a philosopher who was actually dating the personal development coach Nathaniel Branden whos work is IMO more reasonable to the average individual who doesnt want to consume that much literature. I reccomend checking out his great book on self-esteem called The Six Pillars Of Self Esteem by Nathaniel Branden. Well, I kind of train stupidly but thats a whole other story. Im dicking around with Chad waterburys book um, I havnt started reasding it yet because im an asshole but the book is really cool its uhhh… fuck I forget the name of it.

:slight_smile:

YES,

Muscle REVOLUTION


#13

Well there is a 10000 dollar scholarship for a in depth essay on this book about it’s philosophical meaning. I think it’s on fastweb.com. Now I didn’t have the book so I didn’t apply but if you want to build an essay about this if your still in school it could mean some easy cash. I saw the offer a couple days ago.


#14

Hurrr.


#15

[quote]sanik wrote:
Ayn Rand is a philosopher who was actually dating the personal development coach Nathaniel Branden whos work is IMO more reasonable to the average individual who doesnt want to consume that much literature. I reccomend checking out his great book on self-esteem called The Six Pillars Of Self Esteem by Nathaniel Branden. Well, I kind of train stupidly but thats a whole other story. Im dicking around with Chad waterburys book um, I havnt started reasding it yet because im an asshole but the book is really cool its uhhh… fuck I forget the name of it.

:slight_smile:

YES,

Muscle REVOLUTION[/quote]

Lol, bro, every thread you make is about how you fell off the wagon. Give it up, man! Weightlifting is NOT for you! Find a new hobby!


#16

I feel the only reason people are reading Ayn Rand is because she is preaching capitalism and egoism. I never hear about people like Rousseau, Descartes, Kant.

Ayn Rand is not a real philosopher


#17

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
I never hear about people like Rousseau, Descartes, Kant.

[/quote]

Holy shit, something you say that I actually agree with Jasmincar. I think it’s because people don’t want to read a real philosophy book, because they all are as dry as a cork.


#18

You guys are pretty unbelievable…

Someone here is reading a book and absorbing things from it which (it appears) are going to benefit him. You then decide to make this thread about Ayn Rand and the quality of her writing/philosophy. Grow up. While the objective quality of writing may seem important to you I would like to believe that a critical mind able to sift through bullshit and find virtue can make reading almost any literature beneficial. Enjoy your tirade though… I am sure you enlightened ones who spend your days reading only the works of Locke, Hobbes, Descartes, Plato etc. are going to make the world a better place. Thank god the rest of us have you around.

.02


#19

[quote]jacheson wrote:
Thank god the rest of us have you around.

[/quote]

Thanks for the compliment! I like you too.