It's Time To Change Gyms When...

…you walk onto the free weight floor and you see a f****in’ “Bender Ball”.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

…when they buy one of those stupid ab machines where you throw medicine balls like you’re at a carnival. Just throw the ball against a wall for crissake.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
…when they buy one of those stupid ab machines where you throw medicine balls like you’re at a carnival. Just throw the ball against a wall for crissake.[/quote]

You could play horse after your workout. How many tickets do you need to get a jug of Metabolic Drive?

What’s a bender ball?

[quote]joburnet wrote:
What’s a bender ball?[/quote]

A Bender Ball is a product they sell on television. It’s about double the size of a softball and goes under your lower-back when doing crunches so you can get full extension and flexion. At least this is what they claim. It was “invented by fitness genius Leslie Bender”.

a) the idea of the thing is total bullshit b) it’s really a glorified ball you would buy for your kids at Toys R Us for $1.29 that they sell on TV for $30

[quote]tdrink wrote:
joburnet wrote:
What’s a bender ball?

A Bender Ball is a product they sell on television. It’s about double the size of a softball and goes under your lower-back when doing crunches so you can get full extension and flexion. At least this is what they claim. It was “invented by fitness genius Leslie Bender”.

a) the idea of the thing is total bullshit b) it’s really a glorified ball you would buy for your kids at Toys R Us for $1.29 that they sell on TV for $30

[/quote]

What irks me about this is that Fred “Dr. Squat” Hatfield was talking about pre-stretcher crunches years ago in his books and on the web. It’s not a new concept and you can accomplish the same thing with a rolled up towel.

It’s time to change gyms when…
you see someone doing skull crushers w/ the bench press bar

[quote]HangerBaby wrote:
you see someone doing skull crushers w/ the bench press bar[/quote]

unless it’s 250 lbs…

when somebody tells you that you shouldn’t do full squats because they will make your ass too big. No joke. the guy who told me this has a big upper body and (not suprisingly) chicken legs

[quote]MODOK wrote:
HangerBaby wrote:
you see someone doing skull crushers w/ the bench press bar

That actually sounds like a great gym. Straight bar skullcrushers…or skullcrushers using a great big rock you’ve dragged in from out back. Awesome.[/quote]

Well, its no good when they take that bar away from the bench… then do it without weights on it… not to mention it is wide enough to get in everyones way

[quote]MODOK wrote:
masonator wrote:
when somebody tells you that you shouldn’t do full squats because they will make your ass too big. No joke. the guy who told me this has a big upper body and (not suprisingly) chicken legs

Was this somebody named Vince Gironda?
[/quote]

LOL!!!

[quote]masonator wrote:
when somebody tells you that you shouldn’t do full squats because they will make your ass too big. No joke. the guy who told me this has a big upper body and (not suprisingly) chicken legs[/quote]

yeah i can see how that could become a problem

When you wait in line to use the squat rack and people are squatting 5 plates raw then you go in there and put on 1 plate while the guy who just deadlifted 6 plates no chalk, no straps is waiting for u to finish.

Then you finally finish and he grabs your 150 lbs with one hand and just throws it across the gym to his friend who catches it in midair then reps 1h curls with it.

[quote]beeph wrote:
When you wait in line to use the squat rack and people are squatting 5 plates raw then you go in there and put on 1 plate while the guy who just deadlifted 6 plates no chalk, no straps is waiting for u to finish.

Then you finally finish and he grabs your 150 lbs with one hand and just throws it across the gym to his friend who catches it in midair then reps 1h curls with it.

[/quote]

That’s a gym you beg to stay it.

[quote]beeph wrote:

Then you finally finish and he grabs your 150 lbs with one hand and just throws it across the gym to his friend who catches it in midair then reps 1h curls with it.[/quote]

Yeah, I…

Wait… what?

[quote]Makavali wrote:
beeph wrote:

Yeah, I…

Wait… what?[/quote]