It's Sugar, Stupid

http://news.yahoo.com/sugar-dumb-us-scientists-warn-190918006.html

This study is confusing. Doesn’t sound like there was a control group, and it doesn’t say if other things changed besides sugar intake. Did they get obese? Did they decrease the amount of regular rat food they ate?

That aside, what are people’s thoughts on insulin sensitivity and its’ effect on brain function? Can becoming insulin insensitive make your brain less functional?

Well, convincing the general populous of such findings, no matter what they are, will be difficult even if shown to be in their best interest. However, most of the public are so consumed by sugar, they’re too stupid to make any connection.

lol

People have sugar on the brain. Terms of endearment are all associated with taste and emotions: sweetheart, sweetie, sugar, honey…

Nobody ever kissed their S.O. and told them “I love you, salty”.

Yep, I was talking to this guy the other day at work who was clearing being stupid, I asked him if he had diabetes…He took offense to this but had no idea why it was offensive, clearly the dumb gene was just embedded into his dna…

Its very hard to unconvince the general population that fat is the devil and the source of all nutrition problems.

Also a lot of the people lobbying for the corn and sugar industries especially HFCS are evil bastards who don’t give a shit about consumer health…

Yes, google Type 3 diabetes as far as the effects of sugar/insulin and brain function… one such reason that coconut oil is showing some promise in relation to Alzheimer’s due to the brain using the MCTs for fuel rather than glucose which is impaired.

not saying that it’s a cure, but there is some promise to the idea

and yes, it’s pretty well established among those thinking outside the box, that a high sugar diet (and note that all carbs break down to sugar in the body, granted there are some differences in the long run) can lead to brain cell damage through the action of chronic levels of high insulin.

good stuff Rampant, hadn’t seen that one before.

Sugar… do do do do do do … honey honey. do do do do do do … you are my candy girl…

Let em go. If everyone wants to start eating meat and veggies, the price will skyrocket. It’s already expensive enough.

And, more fatties around makes us all look better. Two birds/one stone and all that

I love the sugar is sugar commercials. Yeah it is sugar and it is BAD for you, ya dumbfucks !

Is this a prelude to a Sugar Zombieland type of thread ? ? ?

[quote]02Thief wrote:
Let em go. If everyone wants to start eating meat and veggies, the price will skyrocket. It’s already expensive enough.

And, more fatties around makes us all look better. Two birds/one stone and all that[/quote]

survival of the fittest at its’ finest.

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:
Its very hard to unconvince the general population that fat is the devil and the source of all nutrition problems.

Also a lot of the people lobbying for the corn and sugar industries especially HFCS are evil bastards who don’t give a shit about consumer health…

wow great clip right there!

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:

wow great clip right there![/quote]

Great vid! I wouldn’t go as far as saying its “killing” people… BUT sugar/HFCS is the main culprit for the obesity epidemic, and is even worse when paired with gross amounts of saturated fats and other processed carbs like the fast food industry does.

[quote]bigburd wrote:

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:

[/quote]

Great vid! I wouldn’t go as far as saying its “killing” people… BUT sugar/HFCS is the main culprit for the obesity epidemic, and is even worse when paired with gross amounts of saturated fats and other processed carbs like the fast food industry does.[/quote]

Yeah, gotta watch that natural deadly saturated fat… what year was your post from 1985?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]bigburd wrote:

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:

[/quote]

Great vid! I wouldn’t go as far as saying its “killing” people… BUT sugar/HFCS is the main culprit for the obesity epidemic, and is even worse when paired with gross amounts of saturated fats and other processed carbs like the fast food industry does.[/quote]

Yeah, gotta watch that natural deadly saturated fat… what year was your post from 1985?
[/quote]

I have no beef with saturated fats, but when it’s coming from ammonia washed garbage chinese beef I’d rather not associate with it thats all.

Here’s some greater detail on fructose: Sugar: The Bitter Truth - YouTube

I dont get sugar addiction to be honest b/c:
a. if you train hard, you get to have your fill of sugar after a hard workout 5+ days a week anyway
AND
b. with Stevia and other artificial sweeteners out there, all of us have “sweet” choices that will NOT make us fat

(I know that many of the artificial sweeteners are not great for your health but imo anything’s better than being obese & a diabetic b/c of suger abuse + Stevia is derived from a plant and, again imo, completely safe, super tasty and 3-4 x sweeter than sugar)
I’ve had my family switch to a regular exercise regimen (not super hard training but at least regular exercise) and make some food replacements like Stevia for sugar and over the past 6 months all of them have become fitter, more energetic, lost fat weight AND - key part here - they are NOT craving that sugary shit that is bad for ya (in fact, they’re not even craving shitty fast food anymore…)

So, in conclusion, there is a way out of this “dilemma” - u just have to realize that there is and actually make a few lifestyle changes to get there
Its not rocket science and certainly not super hard/impossible
just my 2 cents

anybody read alan aragons review of “sugar the bitter truth”?

[quote]wannabebig250 wrote:
anybody read alan aragons review of “sugar the bitter truth”?[/quote]

Do you mean the one titled: “The bitter truth about fructose alarmism.”

Then yes. Excellent read. Puts things into perspective a bit.