It's Squat Day

I used to hate training legs. Then a couple weeks ago I started to look forward to squat days because I wanted to keep getting my numbers higher. I also was deadlifting/cleaning more than squatting.

Call me crazy, but I look forward to leg days now. Yes, they make me want to puke after pushing rep after rep doing below parrallel squats, but its the satisfaction of looking yourself in the mirror after you rack that weight and knowing you just did hit a PR that makes it all worth it.

uuuh why is everyone giving there two cents in and arguing about whether you get excited or not and then name-calling the others who think differently…This guy just posted “whoohoo squats” I really don’t think this post was requireing replies…

[quote]Pbjoe wrote:
uuuh why is everyone giving there two cents in and arguing about whether you get excited or not and then name-calling the others who think differently…This guy just posted “whoohoo squats” I really don’t think this post was requireing replies…[/quote]

thank you

I will say this: I love the challenge of heavy squatting and deadlifting but heavy, heavy squats scare me. That doesn’t mean I don’t do them; I am just completely focused on making it out alive when I am squatting though. It’s intense and I love the results and the feeling right after heavy squats of releif but a sense of exhiliration and pride.

[quote]Easy E wrote:
I hope you shit your pants.[/quote]

Hahahaha.

But seriously, I look forward to training lower body that much. If I was doing 20 rep squats and bunch of high rep shit, I probably wouldn’t.

But doing PLing I get so stoked…the last few weeks I’ve actually had dreams of squatting and doing good mornings the night before. It sounds fruity, but once I’ve left the gym- like today, I finished my lower body workout 2 hours ago…and I’m already looking forward to the one next week.

-MAtt

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
lazyaxus11 wrote:
Sometimes I wonder if people say that they “just love” squats and deads because it’s, for lack of better terminology, the cool thing here on T-Nation.

I also wonder if said persons are actually intense in the gym. I know there are some people who really do like squats and deads, I guess I’m just not one of them and I want to believe there arent a whole lot of people who actually do like them. Could be wrong thats just the impression I get here since like 90 percent of the people say squats and deads are their favorite excersises.

Yeah, I think a majority of people are full of shit.

They say they “love” squats and deadlifts because, well, those are the manly exercises, right?

Perhaps people mean they love the RESULTS they get from those exercises the most, which I just may agree with.

However, in terms of actually performing the exercise, you’d have to be a masochist to put squats as the most ‘enjoyable’ exercise you do.[/quote]

I gotta disagree here guys. Well, I have no idea what anyone else here does in terms of squats or their levels of intensity. But, straining in a squat is better to me any day than straining in a bench press.

It’s the moment that you’re getting under a bar to hit a new PR, and quite frankly you know you could fucking die…but it’s exhilerating as hell. If I didn’t have that, I’d probably have to take up some extreme sport to compensate.

Now high rep unilateral lower body work and 20 rep full squats…I’ll bench over that shit any day of the week.

-MAtt

[quote]dantheman wrote:
Pbjoe wrote:
uuuh why is everyone giving there two cents in and arguing about whether you get excited or not and then name-calling the others who think differently…This guy just posted “whoohoo squats” I really don’t think this post was requireing replies…

thank you[/quote]

Yeah, you guys are completely right.

How stupid of people to ‘reply’ or ‘discuss’ their opinions on an internet FORUM…

I didn’t realize this site was read-only, my mistake.

The heavy leg day is the king of all workouts for me. I hate high rep squats and higher rep accessory movements bore me, but heavy squats and deadlifts are what bring me back again and again.

As some other poster put it, they’re the only exercises in which you’re really able to max out the effort. I try to stay loose and relaxed during my rest periods, but when I’m really nailing stuff I get totally pumped.

I squatted today too, can’t say I got overly worked up about it, but it is a bit of fun.