It's HAMMERIN TIME

Less than a month to go until the debut of the Fantastic Four movie. When I was into comic books (3rd grade, 1973) F4 were some of my favorites along with Namor (submariner) and Thor.

Man, I can’t wait. I’m kind of pissed they didn’t stick to the original story 100% (i.e. the whole Victor von Doom backstory) but it should be cool.

I am seriously jonesing for DR. DOOM. They nailed the costume and the mask.

The greatest supervillain in comics. Bar none. No one even comes close.

-max

bro, the phrase is “its Clobberin’ time.”

Doom is second only to Dr. Strange in terms of magic-stuff and second to Richards in brains. If he doesn’t dish out some serious science or sorcery, the actor playing him should be burned at the stake.

Thank God for Jessica Alba.

[quote]Vash wrote:
Thank God for Jessica Alba.[/quote]

Definitely looking forward to this movie (as well as X3) and not just because the love of my life, Jessica Alba, is in it!

Looks pretty good and they seemed to have done a good job of casting people to fit the roles. One more month to go!! JULY 8th will be FANTASTIC!

My son is into that cartoon and he is counting down the days until it’s premier. Natrually, I’ll take him and hope for the best.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
My son is into that cartoon and he is counting down the days until it’s premier. Natrually, I’ll take him and hope for the best.[/quote]

But…what if a republican gets hit with falling debris from a damaged building? Won’t that make it a “liberal Fantastic Four movie”?

Good Gawd, what if there’s a gay guy in the movie…like an extra or something. And Jessica Alba’s shirt looks mighty tight over those nipples. I hear a lawsuit coming on!

[quote]Vash wrote:
Doom is second only to Dr. Strange in terms of magic-stuff and second to Richards in brains. If he doesn’t dish out some serious science or sorcery, the actor playing him should be burned at the stake.

Thank God for Jessica Alba.[/quote]

Yeah, you’re right but remember that Doom didn’t get into the sorcery stuff til later on in his comics “career” - in the early issues of FF he was your basic run of the mill evil, megalomaniacal genius with a really cool outfit and even cooler toys.

They need to whip up some DOOMBOTS for this movie - or at least the sequel.

Damn, I’m a geek. :slight_smile:

I know I am not doing the story justice as my memory isn’t what it once was but, does anyone remember The Beyonder? A Godlike villain that stymied all the various Superheros’ attempts to thwart him. Then along comes Dr. Doom, and manages to trap and harness The Beyonder’s powers and transform himself. Dr. D is the biggest badass in comics!