Its 'bout that Time...

[quote]Dasher wrote:
Has anyone else switched from conventional to sumos? I think I am going to just stick with conventionals because it feels comfortable to me.[/quote]

I’m working on making the shift. My back does not like conventional. I can rep sumo with crappy, crappy form but cannot break heavy singles off the floor like I can with conventional.

[quote]Dasher wrote:

[quote]PB Andy
I used to do these conditioning routines by a boxer named Ross Enamait.

I have a couple of his books. I’m not a fan of his strength workouts at all but his conditioning days kicked the crap out of me. But anytime I see something like ‘100 pull-ups’… I usually change the workout because half the time you are fucking standing around, lol.[/quote]

Dood…my hands were disgusting at the end of this craziness. And after deads today, they are
toast. I look like someone tried to stab me and I rassled them with my hands! Shredded wheaties.

/whine[/quote]
at least you have been lifting… my shin + fever has kept in me indoors. I see my callouses looking like normal hands, and I cry :*(

Kp—do you feel like the switch it necessary?

Andy—no lifting at all? :frowning: i sowwy guy

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

at least you have been lifting… my shin + fever has kept in me indoors. I see my callouses looking like normal hands, and I cry :*([/quote]

Andy! I was going to ask you about the shins. Sounds pretty serious :frowning: What’s the verdict? (Sorry for the hijack Dash!)

Dasher!! YAY!! I’m glad you put up a log :slight_smile:

Love the mix of the conditioning type stuff and the heavy lifting. You’re badass!

100 pullups is insanity. So jealous!

And nice work on the 240 DL. I was a sumo puller myself, but I’m a shortstack. Any particular reason to switch up the DL styles?

Anyways, welcome girlie! I’ll be following!

Maschy!! Its okay…I was hoping he would answer the same thing. Maybe if we both get on him, he will stop being so stingy with his damn life!
DEAR ANDY: MASCH AND DASH CARE!!!

Im glad ya like it! I go HAM on m/w/f with conditioning…I go baby ham on tuesdays and saturdays. No conditioning on thursdays, but Ill get some good deads/glute work in. Sundays I rest.

I am kinda tall and have always been conventional. However, I do notice that at most meets I go to, a vast majority of the women in particular are lifting sumo. I also tend to worry about my lower back with conventional. Im just a mean old lady when my lower back is sore. I just walk around, bent over, yelling at people. Okay, not really. However, that issue is actually getting better.

Those pull ups tore me UP! I also, every now and then, like to do a couple warm up sets on DL day with a snatch grip. Between the pull ups and snatch grip deads, my back is smoked…and my hands look like this :frowning:

This mornings workout:

21-15-9 (CALL THE CROSSFIT POLICE)
Curtis P’s (75#)
Burpees
Box Jumps (24")

THEN…
–4 rounds–
25 Kettlebell Swings 55lbs
25 pushups
20 KBS
20 pushups
15 KBS
15 pushups
10 KBS
10 pushups
5 KBS
5 pushups.

THEN…
10x100m sprints (15 second rest intervals)
5 x200m sprints (30 second rest intervals)
3 x400m sprints (45 second rest intervals)
1 x800m sprints

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

at least you have been lifting… my shin + fever has kept in me indoors. I see my callouses looking like normal hands, and I cry :*([/quote]

Andy! I was going to ask you about the shins. Sounds pretty serious :frowning: What’s the verdict? (Sorry for the hijack Dash!)[/quote]

see the latest post by that Australian dude. it sounds like traction periositis, sort of a precursor injury before stress fracture. I haven’t got an MRI yet and not sure if I will. The fact that my shin seems to be healing after 2 weeks of not using my legs indicates to me that it is not a stress fx.

Evening workout:
A1)Strict press (no momentum, not push…just standing strict press)
barx15
barx10
65x10
65x10
75x6
80x4
80x3
85x3
90x5 (really hard to resist push press here…)

B1)Lateral Raises
–17.5#x4x8

C1)Rear Delt Flys
–20lbsx4x8

21-15-9
D1)Wall Climbs
D2)Pushups

Handstand work

E1) Hanging Leg raises 4x15
E2) Reverse Crunches 4x20

Super low energy…Had a hard time sleeping last night and had a hard time getting food in. Boo.
Got flowers at work today from an ex…ugh. NOT.INTERESTED.

All in all, I give today a C- thus far.

Your morning workouts are fucking crazy. did you do 300 pushups? Am I reading you right? And then to come back and be so strong in the pm. wow.

What are you running your 800 in? That is such a brutal distance.

Edited to add: Sorry you’re not having a great day. But, it’s Friday!

300 pushups? oy! No!I did 75 pushups…unless you count the ones in the burpees (which I kinda dont).

My 800 is sucky sucky sucky at the end of all those other sprints. Though it might have felt sonic fast, it was not…and unfortunately since it was the end of a workout, I didnt time it. :frowning: Probably over 3:00

I gave myself an attitude adjustment just a bit ago and feel much better. Friday is my bitch.

Fucking nast! But awesome. Also, you’re strong.

I love the xfitty stuff, but its pretty brutal. For a while I was doing something - metabolic something - i don’t know. essentially you alternate between a lifting exercise and conditioning. Do it for a few bouts. It was great if you like that lactic acid feel. Not good if you’re looking to build muscle :confused:

Aww! He sent you flowers? That’s nice. I’m actually a plant person, so getting flowers is kinda “meh.”

Anyways, you went balls out in the AM and then went in for a PM sesh, i can see the low energy. But yeah, eat up!

[quote]Dasher wrote:
300 pushups? oy! No!I did 75 pushups…unless you count the ones in the burpees (which I kinda dont).

My 800 is sucky sucky sucky at the end of all those other sprints. Though it might have felt sonic fast, it was not…and unfortunately since it was the end of a workout, I didnt time it. :frowning: Probably over 3:00

I gave myself an attitude adjustment just a bit ago and feel much better. Friday is my bitch.[/quote]

That’s awesome! I was shooting to run 90 in 60, but never thought to try an 800! That’s sick. I can’t wait to start sprinting again :slight_smile:

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

I love the xfitty stuff, but its pretty brutal. For a while I was doing something - metabolic something - i don’t know. essentially you alternate between a lifting exercise and conditioning. Do it for a few bouts. It was great if you like that lactic acid feel. Not good if you’re looking to build muscle :confused:

Aww! He sent you flowers? That’s nice. I’m actually a plant person, so getting flowers is kinda “meh.”

Anyways, you went balls out in the AM and then went in for a PM sesh, i can see the low energy. But yeah, eat up! [/quote]
Metabolic pairings, by Thib? If that’s what you are talking about, then I’ve used those… and they are fucking brutal. Me and my Army buddy got shredded in 2 weeks doing that, with no diet change. Shit was ridiculous. Had lactic acid in my legs for a straight week.

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

Anyways, you went balls out in the AM and then went in for a PM sesh, i can see the low energy. But yeah, eat up! [/quote]

Im a fan for sure. It beats the pants off of running and running and running. Im good with short, quick goals.

The flowers were a nice gesture but now I feel all weird like I owe him a thank you card. I havent talked to ole guy in well over a year, so its very awkward. BUT HE KNOWS I LIKE ORCHIDS. lol I kid. (but really, I do like orchids.)

Hows recovery? Feeling better?

ANDREW—i’ll peep that article if there is one…if its good enough for you, its good enough for me

Thanks booboo

glad to see your friday is getting better. so much conditionning in here… it hurts my eyes :wink:

Im a sucker for it :frowning: It like an abusive relationship: beats the shit out of me and then gives me a big hug at the end, promising it will get better.

does your gym post the WODs or do you go to a website??

The gym I belong to now recently became CF certified…I see the people in there every.day. doing CF workouts. nttawwt, But I would think you’d get bored/burnt out after awhile?

I actually kinda write them up myself or borrow from various websites. There is certainly a potential for burnout, and I listen to that when it happens. A lot of days I sprint and do metabolic circuits and sometimes I just run until I dont wanna anymore. I used to be pretty big into crossfit in a sense that I would compete in regional crossfit competitions, but it has never been my rock solid method of training. More of a tool in a toolbox. I might use it…or i might go a different route. I currently have a pretty solid agenda of what needs to happen each day…and I have some things that are very constant and uber planned. (currently my strength training). Conditioning, though, almost cant be constant. It has to change frequently.

I dont, nor have I ever, belonged to a crossfit gym. I just kinda play where-ever I can get my hands on equipment. I’ve been into plenty of crossfit gyms and played with there staff/members. In fact,quite a few years back, I got crossfit certified. They just dont have enough “tools.” And its a little too much dogma for me.

I combat the burn out by changing different variables…I like to take “gym-cations” and check out other gyms that are within an hour drive. Sometimes I will workout extremely early in the AM before there is any light out. Any touch of variety helps. I still have days where I wake up and dont wanna, but im sure we all do. At that point, its a matter of gritting teeth and putting my ass in the car.