It's Been Said 1,000,000 Times

Now make it 1,000,001.

Eat more…eat more.

That is what we are told…and whether we believe it or not, that’s what we need to do.

For the first time ever I’m keeping a food log…and it’s not that difficult due to online resources…

and I’ve learned

that I’m not even at 2500 kcals/day.

“But I thought I was eating enough,” is what I said.

Apparently not, huh?

“Thinking” isn’t enough…doing the work, adding the numbers…THAT is where the proof lies.

“Guessing” and “Figuring” isn’t enough, chickenlegs…“DOING” is what will get you there.

I’m just posting this in hopes that people get off their duffs and actually keep a log (and not waiting so long like I did)…even if only 1 person does listen and do it, this thread has done it’s job (but I’m hoping for more than that, of course).

Amen!

Good job with the log. You’ll see a ton of changes. I personally use fitday. Here is an example from a couple of days ago. This is the first time I’ve bulked in a while, and I’m having problems getting enough food down.

BE WARNED: SOME PEOPLE ARE GOING TO SHIT OVER THIS.

Today’s Foods
Food Name Servings Serving Size Cals Fat Carb Prot
Bread, wheat or cracked wheat cubic inchlarge or thick sliceregular sliceregular slice, crust not eatenthin slicethin slice, crust not eatenQuantity not specified 195 3 35 7
Egg, white only, cooked cupwhiteQuantity not specified 164 0 3 35
Egg, yolk only, cooked cupyolkQuantity not specified 364 31 2 17
Cheese, processed, American or Cheddar type cup, NFScup, dicedcup, meltedcup, shreddedcubic inchkissslice, NFS (.75 oz)slice (1 oz)Quantity not specified 95 7 2 6
Bagel, multigrain, with raisins extra large (4" to 4-1/2" dia)small (mini) (2-1/2" or less dia)medium (2-3/4" to 3-1/4" dia)large (3-1/2" to 3-3/4" dia)Quantity not specified 470 2 99 19
Cheese, cream, lowfat cuptablespoontablespoon, whippedQuantity not specified 104 8 3 5
Milk, cow’s, fluid, whole cupfl ozschool milk carton (1/2 pint)Guideline amount per fl oz of beverageGuideline amount per cup of hot cerealGuideline amount per cup of cold cerealQuantity not specified 750 41 57 40
pro v 60 serving 290 2 7 60
Spaghetti, cooked, NS as to fat added in cooking cup, cookedoz, dry, yieldsQuantity not specified 491 2 99 17
Meatballs, NS as to type of meat, with sauce (mixture) cupmeatball with sauceQuantity not specified 519 35 1 46
Bread, garlic, toasted cubic inchlarge slicemedium slicesmall sliceQuantity not specified 270 11 37 6
Peanut butter tablespoonQuantity not specified 285 24 9 12
Classic Grow! shake serving 300 5 24 41
crispy taco serving 540 30 39 27
soft taco serving 660 30 63 33
potatoe ole’s serving 790 47 86 7
Totals 6285 279 566 376

That’s over 6000 cals and under 400 grams of protien. Please disregard the fat content.

Monopoly

I find this very helpful too… every time i change my diet up, do a detailed log (including veggies!) for a week, then it is easy to keep the rought idea going and adjust depending on gains.

Hi, what online resources did you use to track your food?

After 20 years of training I just started keeping a log after I started the Cheater’s Diet…I will continue on until I can no longer write or eat.

[quote]enrac wrote:
Hi, what online resources did you use to track your food?[/quote]

http://www.fitday.com/

I keep track of everything with this as well. I absolutely love it, threw away my paper journal once I had the site set up right.

[quote]Houshin Akai wrote:
enrac wrote:

I keep track of everything with this as well. I absolutely love it, threw away my paper journal once I had the site set up right. [/quote]

Agreed 100%

Over time, once you input your normal food types, Fitday is super simple for tracking food…but forget some of the other stuff, though (like “weight”…at 170 I’m “Moderately Overweight”).

Regardless, Fitday is a great (AND FREE) way to do it!

Wow I just added a fitday account, this thing is awesome. You add all your own foods and everything…like custom n shit. Thanks so much for this man!

Well, 2500 cals on the Anabolic Diet is harder than 2500 cals for guys that are bulking up on poptarts and such - hell, you can get that much in breakfast without breaking a sweat - wind, perhaps, but not sweat.

I’m doing 3000 or a bit more daily on the AD - maintenance level, it seems - and after tracking it you see it’s easy to add a coupla hundred more cals if you need to - cheese and a bit more olive oil. Don’t know if I could hit 5000, I think I would feel like I was oozing grease.

Tomorrow’s a great buffet though, so I will probably get on the other side of 5000 quite easily - so much for clean carbs.

[quote]Houshin Akai wrote:
enrac wrote:

I keep track of everything with this as well. I absolutely love it, threw away my paper journal once I had the site set up right. [/quote]

What an awesome and user friendly site. I thought I didn’t eat enough today due to a crap load of issues getting in the path of my daily routine. Well, 5 mins of calculating and sure enough, I was on track. This log will now be a part of my life.

Thanks guys!

Bud

[quote]wenzi wrote:

Tomorrow’s a great buffet though, so I will probably get on the other side of 5000 quite easily - so much for clean carbs.[/quote]

LOL, the dreaded buffet.

[quote]Bud911 wrote:
Houshin Akai wrote:
enrac wrote:

I keep track of everything with this as well. I absolutely love it, threw away my paper journal once I had the site set up right.

What an awesome and user friendly site. I thought I didn’t eat enough today due to a crap load of issues getting in the path of my daily routine. Well, 5 mins of calculating and sure enough, I was on track. This log will now be a part of my life.

Thanks guys!

Bud

[/quote]

I’m gonna try that website, have had trouble keeping a consistent pencil and paper food log in the past, thanks a bunch for the link.

Great link for the food journal. I’ve never kept a consistent one, but this will make it very convenient and easy. Plus, it will help me stay on track and really make sure to get what I need.

[quote]Bud911 wrote:

LOL, the dreaded buffet.

[/quote]

Oh, you don’t understand the buffets here in Hong Kong. It isn’t your typical macaroni salad, jello in mayo, Western bring the animals to the trough, no, it’s a smoked salmon, sushi, lamb vindaloo, fresh naan, peking duck, roast beef with potatoes, bbq pork and duck pizza (I shite thee not), chocolate mousse, haagen dazs on fresh waffles, caloric extravaganza that leaves you sated and bloated for hours.

Oh yes. Heaven. Just don’t weigh yourself or try to buy pants.

Good thread, Alpha. Definitely something for me to consider in my bulking attempt.

[quote]wenzi wrote:
Bud911 wrote:

LOL, the dreaded buffet.

Oh, you don’t understand the buffets here in Hong Kong. It isn’t your typical macaroni salad, jello in mayo, Western bring the animals to the trough, no, it’s a smoked salmon, sushi, lamb vindaloo, fresh naan, peking duck, roast beef with potatoes, bbq pork and duck pizza (I shite thee not), chocolate mousse, haagen dazs on fresh waffles, caloric extravaganza that leaves you sated and bloated for hours.

Oh yes. Heaven. Just don’t weigh yourself or try to buy pants.
[/quote]

Awesome!! You should see the buffets here in Germany! Man these Germans love their meat and the fresh salads and veggies are top rate.

I will also say that Fitday is a great diet log, I’ve used it for a few months now and its o so simple.

[quote]wenzi wrote:
Well, 2500 cals on the Anabolic Diet is harder than 2500 cals for guys that are bulking up on poptarts and such - hell, you can get that much in breakfast without breaking a sweat - wind, perhaps, but not sweat.

I’m doing 3000 or a bit more daily on the AD - maintenance level, it seems - and after tracking it you see it’s easy to add a coupla hundred more cals if you need to - cheese and a bit more olive oil. Don’t know if I could hit 5000, I think I would feel like I was oozing grease.

[/quote]

Well said. The Anabolic Diet is a little difficult to get cals in (But OOHHHHHH so good).

And I’m hoping that everyone on this thread is really using each others words to push them to keep a food log.

Yes, it’s THAT important.