It's a Dog's life

I kinda like the title of your new one - distinctive.

I keep a copy of my training on blogspot.com and staleytraining.com, so I didn’t mind losing mine too much. I think I’ll stick with the new one.

Hey Dog, that is great news! And Skid is right about the A.R.T. (for me anyways) it worked after my surgery and during the rehab process. I should have actually continued it for longer, as I feel some “little tears” every now and then, and some minor bruising after some workouts in the front delt area. I have been told that it is just scar tissue releasing.

I also had some accupuncture. I was skeptical of this at first, but it too seemed to work…

A question now off topic… regarding the training logs. I have been posting mine in the thread “Born Again”… is this wrong procedure/ protocol? Should I be keeping the log somewhere else?

I know this site has a “training log” forum, but most of the ones in there seem like young guys and a mish mash of everything else but training.

If I am screwing up, please let me know…
Thanks!

[quote]bunny7568 wrote:
A question now off topic… regarding the training logs. I have been posting mine in the thread “Born Again”… is this wrong procedure/ protocol? Should I be keeping the log somewhere else?

I know this site has a “training log” forum, but most of the ones in there seem like young guys and a mish mash of everything else but training.

If I am screwing up, please let me know…
Thanks![/quote]

Bunny - you are doing the right thing with your log in the over 35 area. I guess we’ve been granted an exception to the “Training Logs in the Training Log forum” rule.

For those who want to feel good about the weather they are having, I got up to around 10 inches of snow this morning.

DAMN…I’d have to shoot myself. Which I almost did here today. It was 50 degrees and I had to turn the seat heater on in the truck this morning.

But at least it is sunny…finally!!

What’s snow?

13 May 2008
weight = 188.8lbs

Feeling fat & weak today

Warm up: Mobility Complex - concentrating on the depth of the OH squats

DB lunges: 2x41lbs 3x10 ea leg alternating
Up 2.5 lbs

RDL dead lift: 205lbs 10/10/10
Up 2.5 lbs

Double leg calf raise (using barbell from deadlift): 205lbs 10/10/10
Up 2.5 lbs

Chins: 7/6/3/3/3/3/3/2
30 total reps. last week was 24, weak on these at first but was able to squeeze out 30 there at the end. cheated on a couple

Shoulder rehab circuit: Scap push 10/ scap pull10/ stab ball pushup 10/ circuit x 2

RRL 10/ DB ext Rot 10lbx10 / DB L-Lateral raise 10lbx10
circuit x2

DB bench press; 56lbs 10/10/9
These felt really heavy.

DB shoulder press: 38.5lbs 10/10/6
Up 2.5 lbs

DB Hammer curl: 36lbs 10/10/6
stayed the same

Chair Dips feet resting on stool (above hand level): 55lbs plate 10/10/10
That’s working those tris

Plate Pinch with a triple stack 10/5/10 41 & 32 sec on right, 25 & 15 sec on left.
80 minutes workout time

Got a wonderful pump on the arms and back for some reason

[quote]hel320 wrote:
What’s snow?[/quote]

That white stuff that shouldn’t be falling from the sky in May. But it does provide much needed moisture this time of year.

That is a full menu, and gains coming along. Chins and plate pinch looking especially good.

[quote]1Geech wrote:
That is a full menu, and gains coming along. Chins and plate pinch looking especially good. [/quote]

Ditto that. Way to knock out the chins!

Smokin’!!!

Your chins are really coming along as are the rest of your lifts. Good work out.

Thanks for all the comments guys!

Snowed again last night about 6 inches. It will probably all be gone by Saturday.

Life gets in the way of lifting today. My daughter has her senior awards night tonight. So I’ll just have to train tomorrow. Did have a good Karate night last night.

Hey… “life happens”.

Have a good time with your daughter tonight, remember to get lots of pictures!

Things starting to warm up here… +20 degrees (celsius) today (approx. 70F).

Trees and flowers opening… skirts and tight t-shirts out soon.

Snow!! UGH!!! Life has gotten hold to me too! Between traveling, oversleeping, and driving my Dad, my lifting is going to take a back seat for a few days

15 May 2008
weight = 188.4lbs
Shoveled slushy snow for 45 minutes when I got home and then discovered that the Senior Awards night is not until next Tuesday; so I did some weight training.

Warm up: Mobility Complex - concentrating on the depth of the OH squats

DB lunges: 2x41 lbs 3x10 ea leg alternating
Kept this the same

RDL dead lift: 215 lbs 10/10/10
Up 10 lbs , Can feel that this is getting heavier and I�??m having a hard time keeping that lower back from rounding. I believe I�??ll stay at this weight until that starts feeling better.

Double leg calf raise (using barbell from dead lift): 215 lbs 10/10/10
Up 10 lbs , I�??m not sure this is doing anything for my calves but it does make me do 3 more dead lifts which I�??m noticing more and more.

Chins: 7/4/3/3/3/2/2/2/2/2/2
32 total reps. these stunk today. I just couldn’t put together a good set after the first one. So I added a penalty set.

Shoulder rehab circuit: Scap push 10/ scap pull 10/ stab ball pushup 10/ circuit x 2

RRL 10/ DB ext Rot 10 lb x 10 / DB L-Lateral raise 10 lb x 10
circuit x2

DB bench press; 56 lbs 10/10/10
Had to do the steam engine breathing to get that last one up there…

DB shoulder press: 38.5 lbs 10/10/10
I�??ll huff and I�??ll puff and I�??ll damn well get that last set complete!

DB Hammer curl: 36 lbs 10/9/7/3
penalty set for regression on set 2

Chair Dips feet resting on stool (above hand level): 70 lbs plate 10/10/7
Running out of steam and I think I got the weight about right now

Plate Pinch with a triple stack 10/5/10
42, 26 & 20 sec on right,
25, 15 & 13 sec on left
75 minutes workout time

I think perhaps that shoveling right before training wasn’t such a good idea or maybe I needed a bite to eat.

Chins: 7/4/3/3/3/2/2/2/2/2/2
32 total reps. these stunk today. I just couldn’t put together a good set after the first one. So I added a penalty set.

I think perhaps that shoveling right before training wasn’t such a good idea or maybe I needed a bite to eat.
[/quote]

Looks good Soldog. I too give myself penalty sets at times when i think I’ve been a pussy previously. And eating is always a good idea. 45 minutes of shovelling is a fair bit of work and deserves some food, especially if you had to workout after.

Burnesy

Man - ya got 7 chins. You’re about 7 chins ahead of 99% of the people in the U.S.

Unless you’re doing EDT, I would stop front loading the chins and try to go straight sets. Add one rep across as you get stronger and do fewer sets to make your target rep total. You’ll feel more successful.

I think this is important: make yourself feel successful. It breeds more success. Failure breeds failure. If a session stunk, try to find the thing that you learned from it. It’s the only way to stay in the game for years. Something positive always happens during training.

Good effort on the DB bench and shoulder presses. Good plan to stay at that weight on DLs until the weight gets easier. Looks like your hands might be getting stronger too.

Workout looks awesome. Your shoulder any better?
May 15 and you’re still shoveling snow? I thought we had it bad here.

[quote]Burnesy wrote:
Looks good Soldog. I too give myself penalty sets at times when i think I’ve been a pussy previously. And eating is always a good idea. 45 minutes of shovelling is a fair bit of work and deserves some food, especially if you had to workout after.

Burnesy[/quote]

Yeah I didn’t think I would be training after. I found out after shoveling that I was looking at the calendar crosseyed and had my days mixed up.