It's a Dog's life

and this dog has been livin’ it up…

weight = 187lbs -Been eating crap carbs and drinking too much the past couple of days.

Warm up: Mobility Complex - concentrating on the depth of the OH squats

DB lunges: 2x36lbs 3x10 ea leg alternating
Up 2.5 lbs and they had me staggering at the end.

RDL dead lift: 185lbs 3x10
stayed at 185 and still had a little difficulty with my grip. Must add grip work to the end of this program

Double leg calf raise (using barbell from deadlift): 185lbs 10/10/10

Chins: 7/5/3/3/2
If I can’t add reps to the sets, I’ll add sets!

Shoulder rehab circuit: Scap push 10/ scap pull10/ stab ball pushup 10/ pushup hold 30s, 20s circuit x 2

RRL 10/ DB ext Rot 10lbx10 / DB L-Lateral raise 10lbx10
circuit x2 up to 10lbs

DB bench press; 53lbs 10/10/9
Kept the weight but didn’t make all 3 sets

DB shoulder press: 31lbs 10/10/10
got those - add 2.5 lbs next time

DB Hammer curl: 31lbs 10/10/10
got those - add 2.5 lbs next time

Chair Dips feet resting on stool (above hand level): 25lbs plate 10/10/10

Ab & Back work

Plate Pinch 2 - 10lb plates 60 sec on the right hand and 55 sec on the left must try more weight

The boy has punked out on me today and thursday. Well it was his birthday (14) on Friday and he has been partying with his friends since Friday evening. That’s the source of all the crap carbs I’ve been eating (potato chips, corn chips, cake & cookies).

Good to see you back and under the radar soldog. Thats a helluva workout.

Remember when we could eat and drink beer all say long and never worry about an ounce going to our asses?

Kids and chips, one way or the other they will be the death of us…

Thanks j - What you said - except it never went to my ass. It mostly went straight to my belly.

Welcome back Bro, how was the vacation in the log forum. You could know better than to party with the kids, they’ll get you fat a giggle behind your back LOL! Just another reason to never quit!

It was a long cold exile. Thanks for the kick in the behind to try again back here.

Nice work S, welcome back! :wink:

Welcome Back, Soldog - you cagey dog.

Set progression is an excellent progression method. Nice session.

Yep Soldog, it went there for me too. Be damned if I didnt develop a helluva case of Dunlop disease as well…

The dog has been let in from the cold! Good liftin.

Glad to find you back here, so we don’t have to try to sort through all those training logs.

[quote]soldog wrote:
Thanks j - What you said - except it never went to my ass. It mostly went straight to my belly.[/quote]

Thats the unfortunate side effect of growing older!

weight = 186.8lbs -those crap carbs and beer are sticking with me. Of course the chocolate chip cookies at the meeting yesterday didn’t help…

Warm up: Mobility Complex - concentrating on the depth of the OH squats

DB lunges: 2x38.5lbs 3x10 ea leg alternating
Up 2.5 lbs and burn baby burn!

RDL dead lift: 195lbs 10/9/5/5
Up 10 lbs. Grip failed and my form sucked. Will try a locking grip next time. I think I need to declare a dead lift day on of these weekends…

Double leg calf raise (using barbell from deadlift): 195lbs 10/10/10
The locking grip helped tremendously

Chins: 7/5/4/3/2/1
22 total reps. last week was 20

Shoulder rehab circuit: Scap push 10/ scap pull10/ stab ball pushup 10/ circuit x 2 no pushup hold - just too painful on that *#@! shoulder

RRL 10/ DB ext Rot 10lbx10 / DB L-Lateral raise 10lbx10
circuit x2 up to 10lbs

DB bench press; 53.5lbs 10/10/10
Made the sets - gotta go up in weight on Thursday.

DB shoulder press: 33.5lbs 10/10/10
up 2.5 lbs and still made the sets

DB Hammer curl: 33.5lbs 10/10/6
sometimes the shoulder affects these

Chair Dips feet resting on stool (above hand level): 35lbs plate 10/10/10
Starting to feel the added weight.

Plate Pinch 2 - 10lb plates 65 sec on the right hand and 60 sec on the left - Tried 2-25lb plates and couldn’t even lift them.

Keep hammering away.Good work.

Where’d the squats go? I don’t see no squats. Why ain’t you squatting?

Looks like some steady progress, Soldog; keep it up. That’s a big jump on the plate pinch, don’t sweat it. Can you find an intermediate?

[quote]soldog wrote:

RDL dead lift: 195lbs 10/9/5/5
Up 10 lbs. Grip failed and my form sucked. Will try a locking grip next time. I think I need to declare a dead lift day on of these weekends…

[/quote]

Are you talking about the grip where you wrap your fingers over your thumbs or something else? I’m not familiar with this term. Workouts look great.

I think he means hook grip

[quote]hel320 wrote:
soldog wrote:

Are you talking about the grip where you wrap your fingers over your thumbs or something else? I’m not familiar with this term. Workouts look great.[/quote]

I thought I used the right term. What is it called when you turn one hand around so that your palms face each other. ie - one hand pronated and one supinated?

[quote]skidmark wrote:
Where’d the squats go? I don’t see no squats. Why ain’t you squatting?[/quote]

Special squat days happen on Fridays when I can stop at the company gym - I don’t got no stinkin’ squat cage at home.

I did try the Zercher squats and will add them when I do a complete shake up of my training program.

[quote]1Geech wrote:
Looks like some steady progress, Soldog; keep it up. That’s a big jump on the plate pinch, don’t sweat it. Can you find an intermediate?[/quote]

Guess I can add a 5 pounder to the 2 10 pounder’s and make a triple stack.