It Really Boggled My Mind

Ugh… I was at the gym last week doing shoulders. Now, I go to a community center gym and we don’t even have a squat rack or anything.

I was doing clean and presses with the benchpress barbell, so I’m basicly standing in the middle of the floor doing it. Long story short, on my last lift I have the bar some 8 feet in the air and some idiot douchebag decides to walk RIGHT under the bar while I’m holding it there.

I was about to bring it down when I saw the guy too. That would have been an massive mess if I did too, cuz one of the trainer guys has told me not to do that at the gym, even though the rest don’t care and think it’s good.

I don’t even lift that much, I was only doing 155lbs but if I dropped that from 8 feet up, onto some idiots head that’s gonna cause a massive injury. Some people just have no common sense, I just… can’t believe it sometimes.

[quote]Rattler wrote:
Some people just have no common sense, I just… can’t believe it sometimes.[/quote]

The majority of people are borderline retarded. This percentage likely increases once you step foot into a gym.

I was doing a set of Romanian Deadlifts just outside of a power rack once, and there was still an empty barbell hooked on the front of the power rack.

In the middle of my set, some dude wearing shorts that may have been short enough to be exposing his testicles, walked and stood about 10 inches in front of me, and started doing a set of shoulder presses. In the bottom position of that deadlift, my face was literally .03 inches from his ass.

I tried closing my eyes to continue my set, but it just wasn’t happening. I was tempted to launch the barbell into the back of his legs, snapping his bones in half, and laugh maniacally, but I took the high ground instead, and politely asked for him to give me an appropriate amount of room during my sets. He acted like he didn’t know what I was talking about.

If only I had a license to assault people, this world would be a better place.

[quote]Rattler wrote:
Ugh… I was at the gym last week doing shoulders. Now, I go to a community center gym and we don’t even have a squat rack or anything.

I was doing clean and presses with the benchpress barbell, so I’m basicly standing in the middle of the floor doing it. Long story short, on my last lift I have the bar some 8 feet in the air and some idiot douchebag decides to walk RIGHT under the bar while I’m holding it there. I was about to bring it down when I saw the guy too. That would have been an massive mess if I did too, cuz one of the trainer guys has told me not to do that at the gym, even though the rest don’t care and think it’s good.

I don’t even lift that much, I was only doing 155lbs but if I dropped that from 8 feet up, onto some idiots head that’s gonna cause a massive injury. Some people just have no common sense, I just… can’t believe it sometimes.[/quote]

I’ve had this happen to me in my old gym with overhead presses. Again, the weight wasn’t anything serious, but enough to do some damage to a persons head.

Also, I think it would have been about 9 - 9.5 feet up due to my size, so I guess he may have thought I was doing a ‘Praise Allah*’ stance standing there with my arms above my head. I basically shouted at him to move because I’d hit the point where the weight was coming down whether I wanted it to or not (lowering under control, but still coming down).

Next thing I know, I’ve got the manager telling me that if I don’t change my attitude towards the other gym patrons, I’m going to have to leave.

I did leave, and found a better, cheaper gym elsewhere.

*not meant to cause offense, just the only way I could think of describing it

I’M DEEPLY OFFENDED!! I don’t appreciate the “praise…” comment at all!

I’m kidding, man. When people get stupid in the gym, I channel my inner Man voice, and tell them to move. A lot of the time, they think “Angry Black Man” syndrome, however, after my set, I break it down Barney level on why they should not interfere with my workout. People are just inherently retarded. I’ve yet to have a manager tell me I can’t do a lift, though. That seems really ignorant.

I love the guys lately at my gym who will do incline DB press and scoot the bench 1 foot from the DB rack and put their feet up on the DBs for leverage.

Man, I was doing barbell lunges in the same place last night too. The amount of people that walked right behind me while I was doing them was just… asihagosdjhgasdokgha

Sigh, at least I got some babe smiling at me now whenever I look up. I gotta work on that now too.

This thread has made me feel a lot better. I have lost count the number of times the mentally challenged members of the gym have wondered in front/underneath/over me/the bar/the squat rack.

I’ve given up talking to them. If people are so insane as to do something like that, then my protests would probably go unnoticed. Instead I just get really angry and try and grow a stomach ulcer.

theres a gay dude that works at the front desk… every time i come to the gym he talks to me… just to bother me because i made it clear i want nothing to do with him. pretty soon im just gonna say “dont talk to me homo or im gonna tell the manager you wont leave me alone” ive been harassed by gay guys before… they follow you around and ask you questions if you hurt their feelings

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
I love the guys lately at my gym who will do incline DB press and scoot the bench 1 foot from the DB rack and put their feet up on the DBs for leverage.

[/quote]

I am seeing that all the time, too. Probably a great tip they all picked up in “Men’s Health.”

I train in a 60,000+ sq ft gym. Some how these guys all manage to do their DB training within 6 inches of the DB rack.

I have completely given up on doing power cleans or power snatches in a commercial gym.

[quote]Boxer666 wrote:
theres a gay dude that works at the front desk… every time i come to the gym he talks to me… just to bother me because i made it clear i want nothing to do with him. pretty soon im just gonna say “dont talk to me homo or im gonna tell the manager you wont leave me alone” ive been harassed by gay guys before… they follow you around and ask you questions if you hurt their feelings[/quote]

If this has happened with multiple different gay guys, the only common denominator is you.

You are clearly sending out certain vibes that make them think you are gay.

no pity for the majority… let them feel your hate for them. maybe then they will change

[quote]Regular Gonzalez wrote:
Boxer666 wrote:
theres a gay dude that works at the front desk… every time i come to the gym he talks to me… just to bother me because i made it clear i want nothing to do with him. pretty soon im just gonna say “dont talk to me homo or im gonna tell the manager you wont leave me alone” ive been harassed by gay guys before… they follow you around and ask you questions if you hurt their feelings

If this has happened with multiple different gay guys, the only common denominator is you.

You are clearly sending out certain vibes that make them think you are gay.[/quote]

i guess you were right. i was in denial of that… i just dont like making my voice deeper and walking around like an ignorant fathead. but i guess thats what i have to do for people to recognize me as a man. i dont mind if they are polite its the obnoxious ones that piss me off.