IT-Professional Support Forums?

For all the technical staff we have out here…from desktop support, to infrastructure, to development…i.e. IT-centric jobs…

Have any suggestions for forums dedicated to the betterment of what we do?

Not so much solution-based troubleshooting sites…I mean those are a dime a dozen…I’m interested in best practice type sites…discussions revoling around strategy…administration…maybe scripting/automation…those types.

For those in IT, you’ll know what I mean, the others probably don’t so much.

NeelyD -

Confused-- are you looking for site references, or are you looking for ideas to create a site?

Best practices is so context specific. A ‘best practice’ for one platform may be different for another. That’s true in project design and management as well.

Don’t exist. Not to the detail I suspect you are after.

I wouldn’t share my strategy documents if it were me. That’s why you contract me in the first place!

Otherwise you have ISO or ITIL standards or some such bullshit.

Scripting/Automation? As in TESTING?!

I am a performance tester and automated functional tester and I plan on learning security testing next year.

If its automated testing you’re after there is nothing on the web like what you want. There is only troubleshooting and howto guides.

And I hope it stays like that otherwise I won’t be able to demand such a high salary!

The ‘framework’ is whatever you want it to be. Start on a project and develop your own.

Don’t exist. Not to the detail I suspect you are after.

I wouldn’t share my strategy documents if it were me. That’s why you contract me in the first place!

Otherwise you have ISO or ITIL standards or some such bullshit.

Scripting/Automation? As in TESTING?!

I am a performance tester and automated functional tester and I plan on learning security testing next year.

If its automated testing you’re after there is nothing on the web like what you want. There is only troubleshooting and howto guides.

And I hope it stays like that otherwise I won’t be able to demand such a high salary!

The ‘framework’ is whatever you want it to be. Start on a project and develop your own.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
NeelyD -

Confused-- are you looking for site references, or are you looking for ideas to create a site?

Best practices is so context specific. A ‘best practice’ for one platform may be different for another. That’s true in project design and management as well.

[/quote]

Lame

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Lame[/quote]

Genius.

Check it out - You could always jut get a one month subscription and see if you like it. There is also a 7-day free trial.

[quote]4est wrote:

Check it out - You could always jut get a one month subscription and see if you like it. There is also a 7-day free trial.[/quote]

Little know fact: On Expert Sex Change, you can get the answers you need for free simply by scrolling the page all the way down. (pass the footer and where the page seems to end). Apparently, they put the answers there so that search engines can pick them up and show your the page for relevant queries.

I prefer this site: http://stackoverflow.com/

100% free (ad supported). It’s a fairly recent site, so content is not comprehensive yet, but it’s getting there fast. The few times I used it, I got pretty good answer within a few hours.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
Lame

Genius.[/quote]

Thank you.