T Nation

It Is Possible To Get Bigger!

Newbies! Here’s my story…

Well… I found this site just a little over 2 months ago. 2 months before that, right around New Years, I decided to lose weight. I was weighing in at around 225 (I’m 6’3") and was out of shape. I started doing cardio and wasn’t lifting much. I have a crazy work schedule (I know, not a good excuse). I work from 5:30 to 2 in the morning.

After finding this site and thinking about things, I realized that the best I’ve ever looked in my life is when I was weighing 235. I decided to change my goal and gain weight. I immediately changed my caloric intake and started picking up the weights. I got me some Cytogainer, fish oil, flax seed oil, and a large fork. I’m eating at least 6 meals a day now and take in about 4500 calories a day. I always take in about 1000 immediately after lifting.

Everyone at work thought I was crazy, but I had confidence in the people on this site. I started with the basics (still am using the basics) such as, dead lift, squat, bench, shoulder press, and pull ups. When I first started I could barely do 2 pull ups, I now work in sets of ten. My bench has gone up 80 pounds! I have also managed to gain 20 pounds. I’m sure some of it is fat, but who cares! I look 10 times better than I did 2 months ago. You know you’re making progress when your friend’s dad asks you if you’ve been doing 'roids! It made my day when he asked me that!

I know I’m nowhere near where I want to be, but I know if I follow the advice of the experts on this site, I can get to my goal of 260 in no time. Thank you to all the people that have a positive influence on this site. The knowledge and information I have gained is priceless! My attitude and confidence has increased and I feel absolutely amazing! Thanks again everyone!

[quote]midgethearsexb wrote:
You know you’re making progress when your friend’s dad asks you if you’ve been doing 'roids! It made my day when he asked me that![/quote]

That’s awesome. You must be doing something right!

[quote]midgethearsexb wrote:

Well… I found this site just a little over 2 months ago. 2 months before that, right around New Years, I decided to lose weight. I was weighing in at around 225 (I’m 6’3") and was out of shape. I started doing cardio and wasn’t lifting much. I have a crazy work schedule (I know, not a good excuse). I work from 5:30 to 2 in the morning.

After finding this site and thinking about things, I realized that the best I’ve ever looked in my life is when I was weighing 235. I decided to change my goal and gain weight. I immediately changed my caloric intake and started picking up the weights. I got me some Cytogainer, fish oil, flax seed oil, and a large fork. I’m eating at least 6 meals a day now and take in about 4500 calories a day. I always take in about 1000 immediately after lifting.

Everyone at work thought I was crazy, but I had confidence in the people on this site. I started with the basics (still am using the basics) such as, dead lift, squat, bench, shoulder press, and pull ups. When I first started I could barely do 2 pull ups, I now work in sets of ten. My bench has gone up 80 pounds! I have also managed to gain 20 pounds. I’m sure some of it is fat, but who cares! I look 10 times better than I did 2 months ago. You know you’re making progress when your friend’s dad asks you if you’ve been doing 'roids! It made my day when he asked me that!

I know I’m nowhere near where I want to be, but I know if I follow the advice of the experts on this site, I can get to my goal of 260 in no time. Thank you to all the people that have a positive influence on this site. The knowledge and information I have gained is priceless! My attitude and confidence has increased and I feel absolutely amazing! Thanks again everyone![/quote]

wow great f’in job starting off the right way. most people cut too much first, then spend a lot of time regretting it as they work their way back up.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
midgethearsexb wrote:

I know I’m nowhere near where I want to be, but I know if I follow the advice of the experts on this site, I can get to my goal of 260 in no time. Thank you to all the people that have a positive influence on this site. The knowledge and information I have gained is priceless! My attitude and confidence has increased and I feel absolutely amazing! Thanks again everyone!

wow great f’in job starting off the right way. most people cut too much first, then spend a lot of time regretting it as they work their way back up. [/quote]

The biggest change for me was eating. I didn’t realize how much it had to do with things! I feel that’s all I do now, but the good thing is that I don’t have to worry about being hungry. It’s great!

Yes it really is possible. I hope some starving noobs read this, but it probably won’t help most of em anyway.

Good for you! KEEP IT UP!

Grt job bro keep making those steps just the tip of the ice berg

Phill

For my own motivation I am posting a link to my pic. Go ahead and flame all you want. I know how far I’ve come. I’m about 240 in this pic. I can only imagine what I’d look like at 270.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m37/midgethearsexb/Photo105.jpg

I agree, I used to think I was one of those guys that couldn’t gain weight. I would always eat lots of junk and sit on my ass day in and day out, then all of a sudden I was 20 years old and still weighing 120/125 (lbs).

Fast forward 8 months. I’m up to 160, my bench has gone up 110lbs, my DL max is around 315, and I’m still gaining roughly 1 to 2 lbs per week on my new plan (TBT) that I just started a while back.

Eat a lot, read a lot, and lift a lot. Change it up every few months. Great success!

Threads like this are great. There should be more stuff like this here.

It’s very motivational to hear about people progressing.

Hell yeah. Good work man.

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
Threads like this are great. There should be more stuff like this here.

It’s very motivational to hear about people progressing. [/quote]

I just shocks me to hear that stories like mine are hard to come by on this site. With all the great info here, it’s really not that hard. Honestly, I hate the dead lift and squats, but nothing has helped me more!

I’ve noticed a lot of newbies like me often stick with what is easy and comfortable, like curls and bench. Those are fine and dandy, but nothing give me more satisfaction than pumping out a good set of 10 deep squats.