T Nation

It Begins!!

Day 1
My wife and I started the velocity diet today. It was actually her idea. She just had our first baby in january and shell be in her sisters wedding july 14. So thats her motivation. I guess im mainly doing it to help her.

I would like to see my abs though, Ive heard rumors that i might actually have some. We weighed in on our home scale this morning. Shes 5’5" and weighed 179. Im about 5’10" and weighed in at 209. Thats down from about 225 that i weighed around the beginning of this year.

I dont know if anyone will follow this but any feedback will be appreciated. Ill try to update it daily during the week. I dont have any internet at home.

Still day 1. Just drank 2nd shake if you dont count PWO. I feel a little foggy headed, but not to bad hungry.

Still day 1. Guess Ill just talk to myself. Ha. Just finished shake 3. Im surprised im really not to hungry. And Im just using ON whey because my Biotest wont be here till tomorrow. I feel a little antsy. May be from the HOT-ROX. Maybe not.

Im also surprised im not burping up fish oil. I got some of the coated but I was kind of skeptical as to whether it would help.

[quote]taddpole wrote:
My wife and I started the velocity diet today. It was actually her idea. She just had our first baby in january and shell be in her sisters wedding july 14. So thats her motivation. I guess im mainly doing it to help her.[/quote]

If your baby is still being breastfed then there might be a problem with the mom doing the Velocity Diet - the V-Diet might interfere with the lactation.

It’s just a guess though, I’m not a doctor, yadda yadda.

The breastfeeding isnt an issue. She breastfed for the first three months and then started moving toward formula because of work and other reasons.

Now Ive started getting hungry. This will take some mental toughness.

[quote]taddpole wrote:
The breastfeeding isnt an issue. She breastfed for the first three months and then started moving toward formula because of work and other reasons.

Now Ive started getting hungry. This will take some mental toughness. [/quote]

Hmmmm.
Well, i’m not really a big fan of the T-Nation version of slim fast…i like Waterbury’s veggies + protein + fats +s Surge plan better…but i digress.

Anyway…i’m sure that’s not what you wanted to hear, but good luck man!

Keep us posted.

[quote]sven33 wrote:
taddpole wrote:

Now Ive started getting hungry. This will take some mental toughness.

Hmmmm.
Well, i’m not really a big fan of the T-Nation version of slim fast…i like Waterbury’s veggies + protein + fats +s Surge plan better…but i digress.

Anyway…i’m sure that’s not what you wanted to hear, but good luck man!

Keep us posted.

[/quote]

Never compare the V-Diet to the Slim Fast diet.

Ever.

theres a ton of positive feedback on this diet. you might want check out some of the support threads on this site to pose questions there and read over other peoples experiences with the v-diet.

goodluck

Yeah, search for the support thread. Also, did you know you can start a blog under “My T-Nation”? Best of luck to you.

Ive read a few of the support threads. I started day 2. The only real problem i had yesterday was being a little mentally foggy. I didnt think i would sleep good, but i dont remember anything till the alarm went off at 4:45 this morning.

I’m on day 23. With regards to sleep (for me anyways) its been feast or famine. Either i’ll pass right out or i’ll wake up every half hour throughout the night. I haven’t been able to sleep past 5am since I started though. ZMA has been really helpful in this regard.

And once you get the MetaDrive, the V Diet gets much easier. I can’t imagine trying to do this with whey only, as MetaDrive is much more filling than straight whey.

Best of luck; i’m down from 214 to 197 in 23 days and haven’t noticed a big loss in strength. Although i’m coming off rugby season, so strength was a little lacking in the first place.

And FYI: if you take HOT-ROX before you sit down to post, you will definitely start rambling. My V Diet thread is Exhibit A, as I tend to be a wordy fucker in the first place. Be successful.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:

Ever.[/quote]

Hahahahah.
Uh. Drinking milkshakes all day instead of eating real food?

You’re right. Sounds nothing like slimfast.

Yesss!!! Just got my Biotest order in. The Metabolic Drive is way thicker and more filling than plain whey. I was late on my last shake and thought I was gonna die. I did good. The place I was getting a hose made at had doughnuts on the counter and I just ignored them. I rule! LOL I moght make it throught this after all.

I just remembered a question I had. Whats the difference in cold pressed milled flax seed over in the pharmacy at walmart and the milled flax seed over in the baking section? Will it make a difference on this diet?

I think im going to make it through my second day. Its time for my 3 00 shake and Im not really hungry yet. I think Ill postpone it so I can have my last shake closer to bed.

On another note: My boss came back from Pensacola today and brought me a Key Lime pie from Publix. Those are the greatest things in the world. Talk about timing. Im going to stick it in the freezer and eat it at a later date. I dont guess there is any reason I couldnt freeze it? Hmmm?

[quote]sven33 wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:

Ever.

Hahahahah.
Uh. Drinking milkshakes all day instead of eating real food?

You’re right. Sounds nothing like slimfast.

[/quote]

You’ve obviously never tried the V-Diet.

Metabolic Drive is not a milkshake.

And the slim fast diet is not drinking milkshakes. It’s drinking two crap-filled liquid concoctions with no redeeming nutritional value then eating a “sensible meal”. The idea is you get about 800 calories a day with little to no thought about nutrition.

You want to say anything else to sound stupid?

After seeing your third post for Day 1, one after each shake, I had to laugh. Your enthusiasm was funny. I kept a blog, generally one entry per day of the V-Diet. By Day 28, I was all set with blogging, and the V-Diet.

Keep up the good work.

Monday morning.
day 5.

Im surprised. This is easier than I thought it would be. I havent broke down and cheated yet. Neither has my wife. I did go a little overboard with my meal Sat night. Wasnt quite the healthy meals Chris ate. Oh well. Its amazing how your social life revolves totally around eating though.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
sven33 wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
You’ve obviously never tried the V-Diet.

Metabolic Drive is not a milkshake.

And the slim fast diet is not drinking milkshakes. It’s drinking two crap-filled liquid concoctions with no redeeming nutritional value then eating a “sensible meal”. The idea is you get about 800 calories a day with little to no thought about nutrition.

You want to say anything else to sound stupid?[/quote]

Easy there pumpkin.
I am well aware of what is in Metabolic Drive.
And Grow! before that. I’ve been using them since their existence.

I never said the nutritional info in Metabolic Drive is the same as what is in Slim Fast.
I was saying that The V-Diet’s plan of not eating real food and drinking mostly shakes for short term weight loss is similar thinking to the Slim Fast program.

No, i don’t need to contribute to stupid.
Your “Metabolic Drive is not a Milkshake” and “the slim fast diet is not drinking milkshakes” pretty much covers it.

Anyway…looks like great progress Tad.
Glad to hear it seems to be fairly easy!

How are the workouts?

Workouts are pretty good actually. I cn put forth effort and dont really notice the shortage of carbs. The mental fogginess disappered after the first day or two. I did cheat and have a few spoonfuls of soup broth yesterday. Im not a soup person but it was awfully good. My weight was down to 206 this morning. Ive been pretty much following the workout program chris lined out. With a few mods.