Istanbul Terror Attacks

5.56 is much cheaper tho man…

I don’t agree that being academically gifted is a disqualification. Academics isn’t his problem. His detachment from reality and his unwillingness to discuss issues honestly, his elitist lecturing and posturing and his positioning of his idealism over the reality on the ground is his problem.
He always wants to be the smartest guy in the room. The problem is, that he often isn’t.

I don’t know what class he would teach at the university. I suppose it would be, “How to drive debt into the stratosphere” or “How to fuck up foreign policy really, really, really, really badly”. Or perhaps “How to make the #1 country, #2.”

But the 7.62 is a whole lot more fun…

2 Likes

Or maybe they are just terrorists looking for a soft target that can disrupt trade and travel around the world because,…(drum roll) they are terrorists (cymbal crash). I am willing to bet most of those nimrods have never heard of the Ottoman Empire.

You are spot on. Academia is removed from reality and Obama is proof of this isn’t he?

I guess it depends on what you mean by academia. If you are referring to liberal pundits pretending to be professors of fair, fact based information while in reality pushing a liberal agenda, while stifling free speech and intellectual decent, then I agree with you.

If you are referring to academia as the desire and acquisition of higher, more in depth knowledge then I don’t agree with you. In other words, if you are referring to liberal fuck jobs hiding behind a PhD to ram an agenda down people’s throats then I agree. If you are referring to the genuine pursuit of higher knowledge then I don’t.
I believe everybody should strive to be smarter than the day before everyday, no matter who you are.

1 Like

I agree, they are using terror attacks to prove that in spite of losing ground they are still a relevant force to be reckoned with.

I agree, being academically gifted isn’t disqualifying, and I have nothing against academics, properly understood. Obama’s problem is that he is a prisoner of academics and is limited by it - he doesn’t understand the world beyond the academy and the clique of the professoriate, and that has hurt his foreign policy.

I work with people of this mindset - over-credentialed and insufferably arrogant about it, yet with virtually no skill in real-world problem solving. They betrayed the very point of academics - once they learned something, they convinced themselves they had all the answers with no need to cultivate experience. That’s the opposite result of what a good education should cause to be.

At any rate, Obama’s biggest failure in foreign policy is that he fails to understand the motivations of the nations playing the various games of geopolitics. Bush was no gem, but I can’t remember a foreign policy president this bad. And a lot of Democrats are becoming more willing to admit it as we get close to the end of his tenure.

2 Likes

.308??? Pfft. You gotta go .50 Beowulf man.

2 Likes

Starting to feel self conscious about my .380 ACP. Ignore girly shit. Fun night.

1 Like

I’m not, clearly. External operations arms of terrorist organizations increase their activity as they suffer territorial losses.

I’d be curious how a President Thunderbolt would act externally from 2009 onward. Do tell.

I imagine if my Kimber Custom II had a baby it would look like that… :dealwithit:

1 Like

Ammo seems pretty difficult to get around me.

You have the same issue?

Either of you tried blackout?

It was/is all the rage when I was building my AR, but… It just didn’t appeal to me really. But I see the upside.

I’m going to get around to a 6.5 Grendel build one of these days, as I can use the same powder as my .223 loads.

1 Like

They have already won though, irrelevant of territory they hold or if people call them “Islamic” or not.

We have people who label themselves “liberal” cheering on politicians looking to strip even more rights (due process) from people based on government lists of suspicion that have no oversight, not cause and no actual evidence that could convict someone of an actual crime.

We are literally reverting back to the dead philosophies of empires we revolted against.

“Public safety” is the death rattle of the Republic it seems, and the wound caused by radical [redacted] terrorists.

But hey, at least we won’t hurt anyone’s feelings while we crash and burn.

I have fired a friends. It’s alright. I would rather have an AK considering 7.62 x 39 is half the price.

Although, if I didn’t live in NY I would definitely have at least an upper in .300 blackout. They seem like a lot of fun with a can and subsonic ammo. But alas, suppressors are on the list of naughty things we aren’t aloud to have in the People’s Republic of New York.

1 Like

This is absolutely, 100%, completely true. I’ll spare the details but in a variety of places in the biochemical sphere–including very prominent places in the two most influential and widely impactful peer reviewed journals available and in an entire issue in one of them–this problem has been identified. Lacking soft communication, the ability to play with teams, interpersonal skills, real world problem solving, budget control…all of it. Nobody has figured out how to stop the cancer from spreading either, but they are all aware and starting to grapple with it.

The situation is much more dire even than that amongst the soft sciences, where they (as a whole) don’t even realize there is a problem. They’re being killed slowly and thry don’t even know it’s happening.

1 Like

Nope. Maybe it’s because .380 as a platform is more popular given how hot Texas Summers are. Maybe it’s because of the higher demand for firearms and ammunition here. You can’t go wrong with online though. It’s usually cheaper to buy in bulk too.

1 Like

It’s the perfect summer gun. I am still looking for a good carry 1911 for winter.