Ist Cycle Log

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Aragorn wrote:

Not noticing any increased libido yet. As I’ve been on for a week, that concerns me somewhat—methinks perhaps my estrogen levels are a bit high?

Would high levels of estrogen hurt your libido? I could be wrong but I’ve never heard of this. And in my personal experience, I have let estrogen (stupidly) get pretty damned high and never had it hurt my libido at all. Conversely, when I eliminated all estrogen from my system (with Letrozole), it completely killed my libido even while using a high dose of test.[/quote]

Yes, high levels of estrogen can decrease your libido. So can extremely low levels of E2 (caused by letro use), so there’s a sweet spot.

I’m chronically late with all these updates.

AM session:

oly squats warmup 5x5, 2x5, 2x3, 1x5
GM 1x10
lunges 4x7
single leg leg press 3x8
pull-through 4x8

Notes: increased weight or reps. those damn lunges. I hate them. I hate them. I hate them. My forearms pumped so bad I had to repeatedly shake them out mid-set.

Single leg press with the weight I used for the regular leg press last week.

Pull-through ownage! PR 360 lbs x 8 reps on my top set. Previous best was 315 for 8

PM session:

A1) 10-2 incline low trap raises 3x10
A2) db rear delt flies 3x10
B1) L-raise ext. rotation (elbow at 90 degrees) 3x10
B2) cable rear delt flies 3x10

Still very happy with my pull-throughs this morning.

Ironically, quad shots are so far the least painful to do, even less than VG shots. I don’t even feel it go in (crosses fingers I keep hitting the spot just right). but the quad stays sore a bit longer afterwards.

I still don’t like shooting every day. Chances are the next time I’ll only go EOD.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
PM session:

A1) 10-2 incline low trap raises 3x10
A2) db rear delt flies 3x10
B1) L-raise ext. rotation (elbow at 90 degrees) 3x10
B2) cable rear delt flies 3x10

Still very happy with my pull-throughs this morning.

Ironically, quad shots are so far the least painful to do, even less than VG shots. I don’t even feel it go in (crosses fingers I keep hitting the spot just right). but the quad stays sore a bit longer afterwards.

I still don’t like shooting every day. Chances are the next time I’ll only go EOD.[/quote]

Or, do yourself the favor of going with the enanthate ester, with an oral jumpstart.

What are the chances of some before photos?

[quote]5.0 wrote:

Or, do yourself the favor of going with the enanthate ester, with an oral jumpstart.

What are the chances of some before photos?[/quote]

Well, I would except that I’m not able to afford to change mid-cycle :). I’ll ride this out, and I’m sure I’ll get excellent results. Next time I’ll go for enanthate or something else.

Chances aren’t good my friend, because I forgot to take any, even for myself :(. I really should have I imagine, but I just jumped in. At this point though, I don’t look much different.

I have a very keen memory of precisely how I looked at my regular wt. of 225-230, so I’ll be able to compare pretty well from memory I think.

I generally just look at my progress in a mirror to see whether I’m doing what I need to. Of course, that doesn’t happen as often as it would if I were a pure bb’er…but it seems to be happening more and more lately

By way of apology, my biceps have gone up .25 inches in a week (cold, unflexed, 90 degree bend). bicep is only 16.75" flexed, touch under 16 unflexed, both cold. I’m hoping to get the flexed measurement to 18" by the end of this period.

Upper leg is at 27.25" to begin (cold, unflexed, standing), down from 28.5" at my lean peak early this year. Very much a newb when it comes to tape measurement placement and all.

Obviously, I carry all my weight in my legs and back :). Definitely not my arms, but then I never worked my bi’s (w/direct movements) seriously before either.

AM session:

push press 2x5, 1x3, 1x4 --stop: forearm tendonitis pain
single arm db row 3x8, 4x5-- + 20 lb. chains
seated OH db press 3x8, 1x6
abbrev. muscle rounds–cable lateral raise 3 x 6/6 (3x12)
v-grip cable rows 3x10, 1x8
face pulls 4x10-12

Didn’t like the session-- my push press sucks because squat day is the day before and my back is fried from Mon/Tues. My forearms were screaming in pain, which came on suddenly from Monday to here-- Tues lunges gave me a bad pump in my forearms but no pain. Now the tendonitis seems to have struck.

It was so bad I actually had to use straps on my db rows, which I haven’t EVER done. I may have had to anyway, just because the chains swung so much it wanted to rip the dumbbell away from me even with straps tight (they were short-tied to get all the weight off the ground as soon as possible, so they swing free. I’ll need to improve this).

I much prefer heavy straight weight. Even though the weight was only 150 at the top, it felt terrible swinging back and forth, and that cut my reps down in addition to my tendon pain which hurt my grip. I had to use chains b/c the highest dumbbells this new gym goes to is 130.

Rest of the session was good. AM session seems to have started becoming a “noon” session. I’m getting to the gym around 11-11:30 ish instead of earlier like I want.

EDIT— PM session:

A1) db flies 4x8
A2) single arm cable curl 4x10-12
A3) skullcrushers 4x8-10

B1) pec deck 6x10
B2) drag curls 6x10
B3) tricep pushdowns 4x10

racing the clock–wanted to do more, but the gym closed on me.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Well, I would except that I’m not able to afford to change mid-cycle :). I’ll ride this out, and I’m sure I’ll get excellent results. Next time I’ll go for enanthate or something else.[/quote]

My bad - I meant your next go 'round. :wink:

Dang.

Thurs–OFF

Friday–AM session

incline barbell bench 5x5-6
A1) medium grip chins 4x8
A2) db incline bench 4x8
Eagle pulldowns 6x10
straight arm cable pullovers 2x10, 1x10/6

was racing the clock all the time-- I had a meeting with my professor I had to get to (I was late), so I cut off the last set.

eagle pulldowns PR --180 lbs x 10 reps (each hand)

[quote]5.0 wrote:
Aragorn wrote:

Chances aren’t good my friend, because I forgot to take any, even for myself :(. I really should have I imagine, but I just jumped in. At this point though, I don’t look much different.

Dang.[/quote]

Yeah, I’m kinda weird like that. I don’t particularly like to take photos of myself in any realm, be it camping, hiking, climbing or whatever. Traditionally as long as my numbers move up, I’m happy–although I’m kinda enjoying the new jaunt into a different kind of training.

well, I’m a loser. I spent the evening watching the debate instead of pulling my 2nd training session. And ordering pizza.

I suck.

Tomorrow I’ll try and make up this session mid day or mid afternoon.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
well, I’m a loser. I spent the evening watching the debate instead of pulling my 2nd training session. And ordering pizza.

I suck.

Tomorrow I’ll try and make up this session mid day or mid afternoon.[/quote]

Call me a freakin weirdo, but that sounds like an awesome night to me :wink:

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Aragorn wrote:

I suck.

Tomorrow I’ll try and make up this session mid day or mid afternoon.

Call me a freakin weirdo, but that sounds like an awesome night to me ;)[/quote]

Hmm. Weirdo.

Another debate watcher here. I ate healthy though…

ahaha. Yeah, I had good food in the fridge, I just got this incredible urge for a large pepperoni pizza. It came to me undercooked. That’s what I get for cheating :).

It was still good.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
ahaha. Yeah, I had good food in the fridge, I just got this incredible urge for a large pepperoni pizza. It came to me undercooked. That’s what I get for cheating :).

It was still good. [/quote]

On a plus side it appears that your appetite is still going strong even with the tren.

Weekend–leg day was weak. I don’t know if they were lower back pumps, or if I was really just that fatigued but my back started killing me shortly after the GMs. I decided to cut off the second day because I couldn’t support any weight with it.

Good mornings 5x5 warmup sets, 3x4-6 (405). Tied rep PR, but PR’ed on sustained sets at top weight.

45 degree back extension, barbell loaded 1x5
…switch to db loaded single leg – 2x8/8

2 sets curls

done.

I was actually just going to comment on that 2the.

Second week weight gain: 3.4 lbs.

My appetite is really taking a hit. It might be the tren + HRX + high fiber meals… nah, that couldn’t have anything to do with it at all. Could have gained more weight this week, my food intake was down lower than planned.

I’m gonna have to bust ass this week to gain as much meat as I can in 5 days, because I’m going rock climbing this weekend, which means hiking and trail rations and weight loss. On the plus side, that’ll mostly be fat.

Next week is a down week, I’ll only train 3 times or so. So this week will be trying to put myself into serious overreaching without cramping my forearms up too badly so I can still climb. Tendonitis will eat me alive after I’m done climbing. So be it.

There’ll be no off-days this week–Thurs will be leg day number 2 instead of off. Friday I’m going to cut down on the lat work and add more bicep/chest work, since I’ll only get 1 session in there–it’s an 8 hour drive to the cliffs.

Pretty good workout today. Pretty damn good workout today actually!

1st session (I’ve given up on the “AM” part of the am session):

wide grip bench warmup 3x6, 1x5, 1x7 (same weight), 1x4, 1x8, 1x3 (lost tightness)

decline db bench 5x8 work sets up 20 lbs (each hand) on top sets

Wide Chins 6x8

Narrow chins 6x6

narrow grip Lat pulldown Drop-sets from Hell–
drop 20 lb from top weight until done–

set 1) 160x10, 8, 8, 8, 8, 10

set 2) PR! 180x8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 10

set 3) PR! 210x8, 180x6, 6, 8, 8, 8, 8

Hell yeah!

“narrow-grip-lat-pulldown-drop-sets-from-Hell” is way too long a description. I’m going to change names… I’m taking suggestions, anyone got a good nickname they could lend me? I got a couple goofy ones I’m thinking of…

“Drop-set death”–except somehow “drop-set” seems not enough
“Preachers” (because I swear oaths that would make missionaries beat me to death with Bibles while doing them),

I totally need Chipotle after this one. I’ll be visiting the gym again in 4 hours.

Maybe you should try the appetite stimulant that Retailboy suggested to BestDaddyEver when he was on Tren:

Retailboy wrote: “Best appetite stimulant bar none. I’ve taken it and so have SO MANY others it works like nothing else I’ve ever tried”
synthetek.com/Products/Synthelamin/synthelamin.html

PM session:

A1) cable/db combo press 5x8
A2) db hammer curls 5x5
B1) two-position cable fly 4x8/8
B2) wide grip EZ curl 4x8
narrow grip cable curl 3x10