Issue with Left Bicep

Hey, I’m new to this forum and I’m not exactly sure if I’m allowed to post this kind of thing under this category. If not, I’m sorry. I’ve googled the issue and couldn’t find any articles describing my exact issue.

I’ve noticed anytime that I do bicep exercises (preacher curls, ez-bar curls, concentration curls, etc.) I only feeling it truly working the biceps on my right arm. My left arm only feels it working the brachialis the entire time. On top of this, I can’t flex the bicep without forearm contraction. My right bicep can easily flex though. I’ve been doing mind muscle connection exercises for around a month now and I haven’t felt a single difference, so I’m not sure if that is the problem.

My left arm can curl the same weight for the same number of reps, so I don’t think it has to do with one arm being weaker than the other unless my brachialis takes on a load of the work due to my bicep being too weak. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? Is it a mind muscle connection issue? Is there anything to be worried about? Thanks.

The more you train, the better you’ll get at it. I’ve never met/trained anyone in-person who could “feel” exercises on the left as well as their right, so it’s pretty normal.

Consider doing more single arm and tempo work. I also recommend trying exercises like spider curls which generally lead people to feeling very strong bicep contractions

Try lifting your left arm up, so that your upper arm is parallel to the ground or even higher and try to flex in this position. It shortens your biceps before you even flex, so you should be able to get a stronger contraction and be able to feel it easier. If this works, then before you do any biceps exercises, do a couple flex holds in this position or even some light weight high-cable curls. When you get to the point you can contract it hard enough it hurts, move lower and lower. Eventually, you’ll get to the point you can contract it with your arm at your side.