Israeli Strike Kills Hamas Leader

[quote]loppar wrote:
And the fact is that no one cares that a foreign head of state featured in campaign ads (Netanyahu). And the fact is that he can openly fume about the POTUS at every available opportunity without any rebuke shows that there is something seriously wrong about the alliance.
[/quote]

Exactly, it’s a very one sided alliance and not at all balanced in our favor.

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
They ain’t my people… I’m not a Muslim. I live in a muslim country and have done for 3 years. My dads family are muslim.

It’s just disappointing how prejudiced and closed minded people are.

Amber Warning Amber Warning! A man with brown skin and a beard has been walking with a rucksack…

And it’s amusing how Americans are so quick to put Muslims and Arabs down, when 60 years ago a Black person couldn’t even sit next to a white person on the bus or use the same toilet as one.
[/quote]

My next door neighbors growing up as a kid were Muslim, and they were some of the sweetest people I’ve ever met in my life. Unfortunately though in middle Eastern countries most Muslims aren’t like my next door neighbors here in America. They’re obviously not all bad, but there’s a disturbingly high percentage of them who hold fucking dangerous ideals.

It also has nothing to do with their skin color, so you can stop insulting the intelligence of people on this forum by trying to create that argument. Do you think most Americans are racist? Am I a racist? I wasn’t even alive 60 years ago. I’m not interested in Arabs or Muslims just because they are what they are. I’m interested in people who want to destroy my way of life, and there is a correlation. If you think there’s no correlation, you aren’t championing racial equality, you’re simply wrong.

[quote]atypical1 wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:
The undue influence of AIPAC on American Foreign Policy.
Also, Evangelicals seem to believe that a strong Israel is required so that Christ can return during the second coming.

BTW, I’m not a pussy pacifist. I’m an IR Realist, and fully support Israel’s right to defend itself militarily. [/quote]

I’m with you on this. I fully support their right to defend themselves and we should absolutely trade with them. But we definitely should not favor them more than any other country especially considering that they are a pretty minor trading partner.

james
[/quote]

Historically, you’re correct. But the USA actually gives more military aid to Egypt, Jordon, etc., than Israel.

The “aid” given to Israel now is really discounts on jointly-developed military equipment and more of a subsidy to American military manufacurers than money to Israel.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
They ain’t my people… I’m not a Muslim. I live in a muslim country and have done for 3 years. My dads family are muslim.

Amber Warning Amber Warning! A man with brown skin and a beard has been walking with a rucksack…

And it’s amusing how Americans are so quick to put Muslims and Arabs down, when 60 years ago a Black person couldn’t even sit next to a white person on the bus or use the same toilet as one.
[/quote]

My next door neighbors growing up as a kid were Muslim, and they were some of the sweetest people I’ve ever met in my life. Unfortunately though in middle Eastern countries most Muslims aren’t like my next door neighbors here in America. They’re obviously not all bad, but there’s a disturbingly high percentage of them who hold fucking dangerous ideals.

It also has nothing to do with their skin color, so you can stop insulting the intelligence of people on this forum by trying to create that argument. Do you think most Americans are racist? Am I a racist? I wasn’t even alive 60 years ago. I’m not interested in Arabs or Muslims just because they are what they are. I’m interested in people who want to destroy my way of life, and there is a correlation. If you think there’s no correlation, you aren’t championing racial equality, you’re simply wrong.[/quote]

Well as a dark-skinned middle-easterner with a beard, I sure hope people aren’t profiling us.

There are plenty of good arabs in this world. 20% of Israelis are arab and about 60-70% of said arabs are muslim. Tend to live off the dole a bit, just like NKs, but they are also 100% citizens of Israel and are the freeest arabs living in the Middle East.

[quote]atypical1 wrote:

[quote]loppar wrote:
And the fact is that no one cares that a foreign head of state featured in campaign ads (Netanyahu). And the fact is that he can openly fume about the POTUS at every available opportunity without any rebuke shows that there is something seriously wrong about the alliance.
[/quote]

Exactly, it’s a very one sided alliance and not at all balanced in our favor.
[/quote]

Perhaps. Bibi was in campaign ads because, well, Obama hates his guts and Romeny and Bibi worked at Bane together. (Bibi grew up in Pittsburg and went to MIT.)

[quote]loppar wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

Yeah, I’ve heard all that. That’s why I asked you what your problem with Israel is. Besides men and women in some orthodox communities practicing gender separation, and it reminding you of how Islam “protects” women, what critique do you have of Israeli policy?

[/quote]

It’s a big deal. You can separate genders in the privacy of your house, your compound or whatever. Whenever you have creeps attacking women for sitting at the wrong end of the bus (or walking in the street without a headscarf in muslim countries, for that matter) you have an issue.

It’s just a bus, no problem.
Just a few extremists stoning schoolgirls, no problem.
Just one street during a religious holiday, no problem.

If you don’t understand this, you have problems understanding some basic concepts. Mind you, the very same thing is happening in several European countries, only in relation to Islam.

As far as Israeli foreign policy is concerned, I’ll just list a few examples:

1. Losing Turkey as an ally
  2. Misjudging the profound shifts happening in Lebanon due to demographic factors, including the second invasion
  3. Failure to adequately manage West Bank after the Six Day war. There are several excellent books on this specific topic, for example Tom Segev’s 1967.

My point is, regardless of my critique, is that in the political arena in the US of A you cannot have ANY sort of discussion about this due to AIPAC’s influence.

[/quote]

I am an Orthodox Jewish guy, and very familiar with the NKs. First of all, the NKs hate the secular state of Israel and want it disbanded.

They have their own private bus lines (and private train cars) and crappy neighborhoods in the old city. Been their for 2500+ years and have never left.

They are a distinct, and shrinking, minority of orthodox and Haredi.

Instead of ignoring them like everyone else, Haaretz (a far left, communist, newspaper) likes to put women on their crappy busses and piss them off for sensationalist stories because they hate all religious Jews and want us to look bad.

++++++

As an aside, yes, there are voluntary segregated train cars in certain areas. You have women cars, men cars, and mixed cars (which are about 90% of the cars).

My wife likes to pay extra to use the women cars to avoid getting her ass pinched by perverts.

In fact, if you had “women only” cars in NYC, I bet lots of women would pay to get on them to avoid getting the “accidental crotch rub” from creeps.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:
Historically, you’re correct. But the USA actually gives more military aid to Egypt, Jordon, etc., than Israel.

The “aid” given to Israel now is really discounts on jointly-developed military equipment and more of a subsidy to American military manufacturers than money to Israel.[/quote]

That’s very true and I’m definitely against that too but those corporations are firmly embedded in how we create foreign policy now and that’s not going to change anytime soon.

james

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

Pew Research (2010): 84% of Egyptian Muslims support the death penalty for leaving Islam

World Public Opinion: 81% of Egyptians want strict Sharia imposed in every Islamic country

Pew Research (2010): 77% of Egyptian Muslims favor floggings and amputation

Pew Research (2010): 82% of Egyptian Muslims favor stoning adulterers[/quote]

Ball’s in your court, Marzouk.

But let me guess… The research is flawed, or it’s all a Western lie, right?[/quote]

The research is probably accurate. So? How does this effect anyone else? You don’t have to live by these laws so why do you care?

If someone asked me in poll ‘do you support the death penalty’ and i said yes, does that make me an extremist muslim? [/quote]

I care because its indicative of just how barbaric, primitive, and closed-minded they are.

And you asked why we support Israel. Against people like that?

That question is too silly to justify with an answer.
[/quote]

The problem is, of course, is militant islam is an evangelical religion that seeks to expand its scope and impose its rules on others.

Judaism, in contrast, doesn’t care. There are lots of ways to heaven and many, many ways to live a good, solid, life without being Jewish.

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
6(re: clitorectomy). Hmm ok. Again some biased over exaggeration here. Probably has happened quite a lot. But it’s no worse than what goes on in any other country. [/quote]
lol. Yeah, clitorectomys are pretty common everywhere. FACEPALM

Marzouk, which is it, “muslim country” or England, which is where you previously lived?

Oh, and how do you feel about paying the jizyah tax for not being muslim? Equal?

How do you feel that if you are in a lawsuit or dispute with a muslim, his word is taken over you, no matter the evidence, as a matter of Sharia law? Pretty second class, I bet.

Copts are fleeing Egypt, en masse, for a reason.

As a complete aside, all my adult daughters have been called up from reserve and/or were active.

We’re getting a new grandbaby* and some cousins to take care of. My first wife’s aunt (who is like an in-law of an in-law, as this is my second wife) is flying with her kids and my grandaughter to Florida Sunday to come live with us.

• No, I’m not that old. Jewish people have kids young “like Mexicans,” according to our Mexican nanny who dissapproved of my daughter having a child at 20, I think.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[/quote]

Unfortunately though in middle Eastern countries most Muslims aren’t like my next door neighbors here in America.

They’re obviously not all bad, but there’s a disturbingly high percentage of them who hold fucking dangerous ideals.

[/quote]

Similar experience…

Re-posted for emphasis.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
6(re: clitorectomy). Hmm ok. Again some biased over exaggeration here. Probably has happened quite a lot. But it’s no worse than what goes on in any other country. [/quote]
lol. Yeah, clitorectomys are pretty common everywhere. FACEPALM

Marzouk, which is it, “muslim country” or England, which is where you previously lived?

Oh, and how do you feel about paying the jizyah tax for not being muslim? Equal?

How do you feel that if you are in a lawsuit or dispute with a muslim, his word is taken over you, no matter the evidence, as a matter of Sharia law? Pretty second class, I bet.

Copts are fleeing Egypt, en masse, for a reason.[/quote]

I used to live in the UK, was born there and grew up there. M mother is Christian and my father is Muslim. For the record i have a christian first name heavily used in the bible.

I don’t pay any tax because i’m not muslim.

[quote]WN76 wrote:

For further amusement, watch as CNN uses this same video, carefully EDITING OUT the fact that the man was faking his injuries:

It’s almost funny at how dishonest CNN’s reporting is — this is literally cut to hide the fact that the man was unhurt.

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:

[quote]WN76 wrote:

For further amusement, watch as CNN uses this same video, carefully EDITING OUT the fact that the man was faking his injuries:

It’s almost funny at how dishonest CNN’s reporting is — this is literally cut to hide the fact that the man was unhurt.[/quote]

Shameful. I laughed anyway.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

Pew Research (2010): 84% of Egyptian Muslims support the death penalty for leaving Islam

World Public Opinion: 81% of Egyptians want strict Sharia imposed in every Islamic country

Pew Research (2010): 77% of Egyptian Muslims favor floggings and amputation

Pew Research (2010): 82% of Egyptian Muslims favor stoning adulterers[/quote]

Ball’s in your court, Marzouk.

But let me guess… The research is flawed, or it’s all a Western lie, right?[/quote]

The research is probably accurate. So? How does this effect anyone else? You don’t have to live by these laws so why do you care?

If someone asked me in poll ‘do you support the death penalty’ and i said yes, does that make me an extremist muslim? [/quote]

I care because its indicative of just how barbaric, primitive, and closed-minded they are.

And you asked why we support Israel. Against people like that?

That question is too silly to justify with an answer.
[/quote]

The problem is, of course, is militant islam is an evangelical religion that seeks to expand its scope and impose its rules on others.

Judaism, in contrast, doesn’t care. There are lots of ways to heaven and many, many ways to live a good, solid, life without being Jewish.[/quote]

Word.

Anyone that thinks that the militant muslim jihadists will stop when the infidels are gone from their lands and Israel disappears is delusional. They will ALWAYS find a new reason and area of conflict to keep on jihadin’.

Go Israel!