Isotension Technique (Flexing Between Sets)

I was wondering if you guys had any positive experiences with flexing in between sets (most notably during arm workouts) or throughout the day to bring out definition and hardness.

Some label the effects of hard flexing as temporary. I’ve definitively noticed some permanent improvements in appearance of all body parts(including abs separation and upper pecs) after incorporating this. Of course this is purely subjective and there are many confounding variables but if isotension proves to have an enduring use, I’ll continue doing it.

Thoughts?

It definitely improves the muscle-mind connection. I’d say, it’s one of the best techniques for warming up. I try to flex for whatever bodypart I’m working throughout the day. As far as definition and hardness goes; ehh that sounds sciency and I’m no expert in that particular department. I’d say, go apeshit with the flexing because you really have nothing to lose. Why most notably during arm workouts? A muscle is a muscle.

I like the feeling of doing lat spreads and the like in between my back sets. Each consecutive set seems to be hit harder and motor unit recruitment feels higher than if I did not flex in between sets.

Gd for muscle-mind connection and wot not…but it won’t build much muscle on its own

[quote]Stength4life wrote:
It definitely improves the muscle-mind connection. I’d say, it’s one of the best techniques for warming up. I try to flex for whatever bodypart I’m working throughout the day. As far as definition and hardness goes; ehh that sounds sciency and I’m no expert in that particular department. I’d say, go apeshit with the flexing because you really have nothing to lose. Why most notably during arm workouts? A muscle is a muscle.[/quote]

Agree on mind muscle connection. I do an extended warmup with lots of flexing before training my arms because I have trouble feeling the muscles working on one side.

I believe the biggest benefit is the mind-muscle connection. My left bicep is smaller and I blame the better mind-muscle connection of my right bicep. I’ve been doing things like brushing my teeth with my left arm, driving with my left arm etc. and at this point there does seem to be improvement in the mind-muscle connection of my left bi.

Helps a LOT when you’re training your back.

[quote]akkxn wrote:
I believe the biggest benefit is the mind-muscle connection. My left bicep is smaller and I blame the better mind-muscle connection of my right bicep. I’ve been doing things like brushing my teeth with my left arm, driving with my left arm etc. and at this point there does seem to be improvement in the mind-muscle connection of my left bi.[/quote]

Me too. My left is nearly an inch smaller.

Itchy,

…sometimes there is a simpler answer… (masterbation reference ftr)

but back in line with the topic at hand, its good to switch hands haha