T Nation

Isometrics for Insane-Back-Blasting Pump

hey guys, wanna share a program i have been doing for the past 2 weeks…
heavy rows,heavy pulldowns,negatives etc2…have made into so many back-building punchlines…big backs are made by big rows…remember…
well, i have used isometric works to build impressive forearms and applied it to my back routine…trust me, i didnt get such an insane pump before…

training back is hard, requires concentration a lot and almost all of us struggle keeping our minds balanced between the heavy load and the back musculature during each rep…
when you use iso-metrics, its a totally different game…u dont have to worry about form,number of reps or whether you have gone adequately beyond failure…

lets cut the crap, and here is what i did…
ISOMETRIC CHIN-UP - i held the topmost part of the rep for about 30secs , a mid position hold of 15secs, and a little above start position hold for about 10secs… this is one set

3 sets of this, and one each set the timing was upped by 5secs…

WITH WEIGHT- on the next 3 sets , i only held the top most part for as long as i could .i used my dip belt to hang weights, which decreased with set [30kg,20kg,15kg]…

i ended the session with v-bar row and gunthar rows, 2sets each…[the next 2 weeks i will replace these two with dead-lift]
total session time-30mins

i will insist everyone in this forum to try this or incorporate isometrics to their back routine and i will bet every penny to say that you didnt get a pump like this before, and oh, if you wanna enjoy a sweet DOMS the next day, try this… i got one, an insane one and a rare one[since i dont train too much beyond failure generally]…

CLOSE YOUR EYES, FEEL YOUR BACK AND FIGHT THE PAIN WHILE HOLDING THE TOP POSITION OF CHINUP …
post me your experience if you try it and more advices to incorporate iso work in back charts more effectively