T Nation

Isometrics for Biceps

I am going to start adding in an isometric hold at the end of each set of barbell,hammer, and ez bar curls i do. I’ll update the forum in a few weeks with my personal experience on any aims in strength or size . What are your personal experiences with doing isometrics with your curl workouts ?

[quote]doimakeyourandi wrote:
I am going to start adding in an isometric hold at the end of each set of barbell,hammer, and ez bar curls i do. I’ll update the forum in a few weeks with my personal experience on any aims in strength or size . What are your personal experiences with doing isometrics with your curl workouts ?
[/quote]

I’ve never been able to stick with them for long enough to make any conclusions. I feel like there are more effective additions to the end of a routine.
Drop-and-and catch reps and super-high rep work where the focus is on squeezing the bicep like a sponge. Also, momentum-assisted curls - like cheat curls, but with lighter weights and very high reps. All of these provide great stimulation without the mind-numbing agony of isometric holds.