Isolation Exercises, Faulty Recruitment Patterns

As of recently, I have learned that isolation exercises cause neuromuscular faulty recruitment patterns. This means that whenever you do an isolation excises such as leg extensions for about a month or so consistently then you create neuromuscular patterns where the quads will not work in conjunction with the other muscles around the joints of the hips and thighs such as the hamstrings, glutes, abs, deep muscles of the back, and stabilizers of the knees and hips.

So, even if one decides to switch from doing isolation exercises in their workout to doing only full body or compound movements, you neuromuscular system will still be out of whack. For instance, when one switches from doing leg exercises to squats then the quads will activate in absence of the other prime movers and stabilizers of the hip and knee joints because the nervous system does not recognize the pattern of utilizing the quads along with the other above fore mentioned muscles and stabilizers when doing such a ompound movement since the nervous system is so used to activating such muscles in an isolated fashion.

This not only results in dysfunctional neuromuscular coordination patterns in the muscles, but also this leads to muscular imbalances which thereby lead to joint instability which ultimately leads to joint injuries. That’s why I don’t do isolation exercises anymore. However, a lot of strength and conditioning as well as martial arts experts say that isolations have there place and are needed to strengthen the overlooked links such as the abs, hands, wrists, feet, ankles, neck muscles, and other muscles that are perhaps too weak. So It doesn’t make sense that such experts would say that isolations are good to have in your regime. Any thoughts?

I don’t think anyone worth their weight in salt would say do only isolation exercises. It doesn’t have to be one or the other.

Do you have a copy of the study or studies that say this?

LOL

padding my post count

Wait, what? It sounds like you built two straw men and are making them fight each other.

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
I don’t think anyone worth their weight in salt would say do only isolation exercises. It doesn’t have to be one or the other.

Do you have a copy of the study or studies that say this?[/quote]

here is the link that refers to what I am talking about: Fix Knee Pain From Squatting - YouTube