T Nation

Isolating Shoulders, Not Arms?

If there is an area on my physique that I would like to improve the most is all of my delts. I have over the last year completed 6-week regimens on-off with not much success. I have generally done low-vol high weight thinking that achieves the greatest hypertrophy.

My question is: Is it possible for my arms, and back to a lesser degree, to be overpowering the delts? If so, how does one prevent this and truly isolate the delts?

I hope there is some advice other than work the arms first so that they are are tired so the shoulders have to bear more of the weight. I really don’t want to work my arms any more than I have. If that is the route, I have to go what is the best regimen to tire the arms with minimum hypertrophy? My arms seem to grow very easily.

Thanks.

I’ve found that my shoulders respond better to high reps, supersets and drop sets.

Try starting your shoulder workout with a rear delt exercise, like reverse flye’s. Include lots of supersetting and drop sets.

Have you tried not weighing 165lbs?

[quote]superthrustjon wrote:
I’ve found that my shoulders respond better to high reps, supersets and drop sets.

Try starting your shoulder workout with a rear delt exercise, like reverse flye’s. Include lots of supersetting and drop sets.[/quote]

Thanks.