T Nation

Isolate Protein

hmmm Just curious…I was under the impression that taking protien if not utilized properly can turn to fat…so is two protein shakes a day with 35 grams of protein too much?

Also I bought a protein isolate today…purest of form. Its by precision sport supplments, ISO PRO low carb. W/ CFM and 97% Whey Protein Isolates, w/ ALA, D-Pinitol and 4-Hydroxyisoleucine. All Natural, its cross flow micro filtered.

Ratios

Beta-Lactoglobulin 44~50%
Alpha-Lactalbumin 15~21%
Glycomacropeptides 14~16%
Immunoglobulin 9~10%
Bovine Serum Albumin 5~6%
Lactoferrin and Lactoperoxidase .5~1%

So any thoughts?

Thats not enough protein to “turn to fat”. I think you are getting some things mixed up. Protein can be turned into glucose if your CHO level is very low. Any calorie can turn to fat if you are not excercising and eating over your maintenance. Regardless, unless you were eating HEAVY amounts of protein, and I mean HEAVY, you have nothing to worry about.

Josh

If you are just starting out with protein shakes that’s fine. You can (and probably later will) take in MUCH more protein. You might want to check out Berardi’s Precision Nutrition diet plan. It’s great for body comp and exremely easy to manipulate depending on your current goals.