Ismail Ax?

I may be wrong, but I will not be suprised if they find out the VT shooter has connections to Islam. The media will try its bet not to report it that way by just saying he was a disturbed loner, like the Islamofag in the Salt Lake City mall shootings and the Islamofags in the DC sniper shootings. Even though they admitted to religon being their motives the press dismissed it and referred to them as disturbed loners.

[quote]jumper wrote:
I may be wrong, but I will not be suprised if they find out the VT shooter has connections to Islam. [/quote]

Wow! The level of intelect’ around here just sunk to a new low. I mean even HH wouldn’t land a ridiculous claim like that one.

Now for the geography lesson of the day;

[i]The Republic of Korea, commonly known as South Korea or the Korea Republic (Korean: 대한민국, IPA: [tɛː.han.min.guk̚], is an East Asian country on the southern half of the Korean Peninsula. To the north, it is bordered by North Korea (Democratic People’s Republic of Korea), with which it was united until 1945. To the west, across the Yellow Sea, lies China and to the southeast, across the Korea Strait, lies Japan. Approximately one-half of South Korea’s population lives in or near the capital Seoul, the second most populous metropolitan area in the world.

As of 2005, approximately 22 million or 46.5% of the South Korean population express no religious preference.[26] Of the remainder, 10.7 million are Buddhist, 8.6 million are Protestant, 5.1 million are Catholic, and less than half a million belong to various minor religions including Jeungsando and Wonbuddhism. The largest Christian church in South Korea, Yoido Full Gospel Church, is located in Seoul and has approximately 780,000 members (2003 estimate). Including Yoido Full Gospel, 11 of the world’s 12 largest churches are located in Seoul (see Korean Christianity). South Korea is also the second largest missionary sending nation on earth, after the U.S.[/i]

You sir, are no credit to your race.

[quote]lixy wrote:
As of 2005, approximately 22 million or 46.5% of the South Korean population express no religious preference.[26] Of the remainder, 10.7 million are Buddhist, 8.6 million are Protestant, 5.1 million are Catholic, and less than half a million belong to various minor religions including Jeungsando and Wonbuddhism. The largest Christian church in South Korea, Yoido Full Gospel Church, is located in Seoul and has approximately 780,000 members (2003 estimate). Including Yoido Full Gospel, 11 of the world’s 12 largest churches are located in Seoul (see Korean Christianity). South Korea is also the second largest missionary sending nation on earth, after the U.S.[/i]
[/quote]

So Koreans can’t become Muslim?

[quote]lixy wrote:
jumper wrote:
I may be wrong, but I will not be suprised if they find out the VT shooter has connections to Islam.

Wow! The level of intelect’ around here just sunk to a new low. I mean even HH wouldn’t land a ridiculous claim like that one.

[i]The Republic of Korea, commonly known as South Korea or the Korea Republic (Korean: 대한민국, IPA: [tɛː.han.min.guk̚], is an East Asian country on the southern half of the Korean Peninsula. To the north, it is bordered by North Korea (Democratic People’s Republic of Korea), with which it was united until 1945. To the west, across the Yellow Sea, lies China and to the southeast, across the Korea Strait, lies Japan. Approximately one-half of South Korea’s population lives in or near the capital Seoul, the second most populous metropolitan area in the world.

You sir, are no credit to your race.[/quote]

I was referring to what he wrote on his arm before the murders you dumbass, ISMAIL AX, one of the only clues he left we know of right now, learn the religous implications of this before you jump to judgement about me or my race which you do not know assmuncher. Religon is not about race, there are such things as converts, there are white, black, and asain Muslims and Christians douchebag. This has nothing to do with race and I never implied that, you did.

The fact of the matter is I said I might be wrong and I might be, but with this new development and the more information being released, Im saying I might be right. So why don’t we just wait and see what he was meaning by writing this you twinkletoe commie douche, go get a wefare check or something. Was the DC sniper born Muslim or a recent convert?

[quote]lixy wrote:

You sir, are no credit to your race.[/quote]

What the hell do those population statistics have to do with whether the shooter himself was associated with Islam?

You’re right about the level of intellect sinking - but you may be disappointed to find out who is dragging it down.

Okay, I give up…what is Ismael Ax and what’s its connection with Islam? Is it some sort of code?

Hmmm…

"There are several reasons that I ask this. The first is the subtle hint that this may not be an isolated incident. George Washington University went to a heightened state of alert yesterday, as (I suspect) did universities across the country. My own university is on a heightened state of alert, e-mailing students its policies on security and lockdown, asking the State Highway Patrol to drive around the campus, and even planning lockdown drills. Why all this if the Virginia Tech shootings were the actions of a lone gunman with personal grievances against other students? To me, this seems like the kind of response there would be to a terrorist attack and the possibility of more. Call me an alarmist, but after September 11, my feeling is that when things look fishy they probably are.

And then there’s that list of grievances. Nobody knows what all of the grievances were yet, but the ones being reported in the media weren’t the norm for a whacked out school shooter. The norm for such shooters is essentially: “Everybody was really mean to me, so they deserved to die.” But some of this shooter’s problems included “rich kids,” “debauchery,” and “deceitful charlatans.” That just isn’t normal, even by the standards of students who shoot their fellow students because they were picked on in gym class. Such a list of grievances smacks of religious extremism of some kind."

I simply found this while googling Ismael Ax.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Okay, I give up…what is Ismael Ax and what’s its connection with Islam? Is it some sort of code?[/quote]

Wikipedia informs us that:
[i]Ishmael (Arabic: Ismail; translates as “God will hear” (Strong’s Dictionary)) was Abraham’s eldest son, born by his wife’s handmaiden Hagar. Though being born of Hagar, according to the Mesopotamian law, he was credited to Sarah (Gn. 16:2)[1] According to the Genesis account, he died at the age of 137 (Gn. 25:17).

Islamic tradition has a very positive view of Ishmael, ascribing a larger role to Ishmael in comparison to the Bible and viewing him as a prophet and the son of sacrifice (according to certain early theologians whose ideas prevailed later).[1][2] The Bah?'? writings consider him a lesser prophet.

Both Jewish and Islamic traditions consider Ishmael as the ancestor of Arab people.[1][/i]

Don’t know about the “ax” part, though.

I’m not sure his religion (if any) is relevant. He was obviously mentally ill, and mental illness often seems to inspire strong (although misguided) faith from the sufferer.

I heard on the news tonight that in 2005 a judge had recommended he be interned because he deemed Sho (or whatever his name is) to be a risk to himself and others. The question then becomes: What the hell was he doing attending a university and how did he manage to buy 2 guns a month ago?

He wasn’t muslim. The only religious reference he made was to Jesus in his “manifesto”.

Watch/read what he had to say:

And don’t you find it strange that nobody else reported the “Ismael Ax” story but Fox? Those people obviously never heard of fact checking.

[quote]lixy wrote:

And don’t you find it strange that nobody else reported the “Ismael Ax” story but Fox? Those people obviously never heard of fact checking.[/quote]

I never really believed he had much of a connection to Islam.

But we are still waiting on the explanation for your fantastically stupid post above.

[quote]lixy wrote:

And don’t you find it strange that nobody else reported the “Ismael Ax” story but Fox? Those people obviously never heard of fact checking.[/quote]

From MSNBC.com

“Cho?s name was not on the package; instead, the return address said it came from ?A Ishmael.? Investigators said Cho?s body was found Monday with the words ?Ismael Ax? scrawled on his arm.”

You obviously never heard of fact checking.

[quote]Hook 'em wrote:
“Cho?s name was not on the package; instead, the return address said it came from ?A Ishmael.? Investigators said Cho?s body was found Monday with the words ?Ismael Ax? scrawled on his arm.”

My bad. Please accept my apologies.

[quote]lixy wrote:

Chicago Tribune, NY post, Washington Post, and MSNBC all made references to it, so no I don’t find it strange. MSNBC also showed where he had ISMAIL as the name written on the return address of the tapes he sent them.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Hook 'em wrote:

My bad. Please accept my apologies.[/quote]

Only if you make a formal apology to FOX news, oh and of course AL SHARPTON and JESSE JACKSON being that they are the official apology accepters for stupid shit these days.

I am pretty sure he was just a nut… He was clearly metally disturbed and excesivly paraniod. I see no connection to Islam. He actually compared his “sacrifice” (to use his own words) to Jesus. He was paraniod and delusional. I thinking it will be found he was schizo.

[quote]jumper wrote:
lixy wrote:

And don’t you find it strange that nobody else reported the “Ismael Ax” story but Fox? Those people obviously never heard of fact checking.

Chicago Tribune, NY post, Washington Post, and MSNBC all made references to it, so no I don’t find it strange. MSNBC also showed where he had ISMAIL as the name written on the return address of the tapes he sent them.

[/quote]Probably just a name he made up for his self that he thought sounded cool and made him more than he really was ,in his F’uped little mind.
I don’t really think the dude was that complex.

I don’t think we should rule out the possibility of religon playing a role in this just yet. The DC snipers and the Utah shooter were religously motivated and nothing was said about it. Why not? There is a consistant problem we keep denying in this country because we don’t want to offend. If the guy had no Muslim ties, good, I hope he doesn’t, but if he does, it should be addressed.

MSNBC shows this pyshcos film, but they won’t show the people jumping from the burning towers because it may make people angry at muslims. If they are going to show the film they need to show the whole damn thing, not just what MSNBC wants you to see.

If they would show the whole damn thing maybe we would know what Ismail Ax means, just maybe, I don’t know. The fact that he hates rich kids, charletons, Jesus, and the rest of what muslims call INFEDELS makes me wonder about if he may of had religous ties.

I don’t know, but we should be pissed if he does and the politically correct police decide to keep it from us. We can speculate all we want, but lets not discount it or assume it until we know the facts.

Why do we get just bits and peices? If you are going to show it show it all and all the transcripts.

No where did he state that he hated Jesus. He simply compared himself to Jesus because he thought he was persecuted like Jesus was. If anything it sounds like he had a Christian background. He simply was a deranged kid just like the Columbine shooters.

Your forgetting that Muslims hold Jesus in high regard. The Muslim term “infidel” refers to aethists, not Christians or Jews. Muslims believe that Christianity and Judaism are valid religions.