Islamo-DNC Convention

‘The Democratic National Committee is raising a number of eyebrows after choosing to proceed with hosting Islamic “Jumah” prayers for two hours on the Friday of its convention, though it denied a Catholic cardinal’s request to say a prayer at the same event.’

And guess who’s leading the prayers?

'…A quick Google search by the DNC would have shown them that Hough and Wahhaj are leaders in the separatist American Islamist movement. The mosque of Jibril Hough…is owned by the North American Islamic Trust, which was named as an unindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation trial as one of the entities “who are and/or were members of the U.S. Muslim Brotherhood.”

Siraj Wahhaj, the “Grand Imam” for Jumah at the DNC…sponsored talks by “the Blind Sheikh” Omar Abdel-Rahman in New York and New Jersey mosques, and told his followers that the United States will fall unless it “accepts the Islamic agenda.”’

Abridged, source: Dnc Announces 2 Hour Islamic Jumah Prayers After Rejecting Cardinals Blessing And You Wont Believe Whos Invited - TheBlaze

eh, pandering for votes. Shameless pandering.

Sure to piss off some AARP folks that pay attention no doubt.

This somehow seems relevant: Meet the Press: Inside Takes on the Latest Stories with Chuck Todd | NBC News

IDK

This is definitely an interesting article. The involvement of Siraj Wahhaj, a known radical, is a huge deal. I remember reading a Red State article earlier this month which interviewed Zuhdi Jasser and had him saying:

“If that is who the DNC is consorting with then all Americans, Democrats should be concerned. There are many patriotic Muslims who are part of both parties, and when radical ideologues like this do a demonstration of ?solidarity? in the name of our faith and choose an imam like Siraj Wahhaj who I saw with my own eyes in 1995 seditiously say it his duty and our duty as Muslims to replace the US Constitution with the Quran- then we need to speak up!”

I totally agree with Jasser’s sentiment. Why are these known Islamists being given such crucial roles at this convention?

Link to Red State article: Radical Islam Joins the DNC – RedState

I can’t imagine this is going to help and already fading jewish vote for the party.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
I can’t imagine this is going to help and already fading jewish vote for the party.[/quote]

Assuming they pay attention.

My girlfriend (no, not the pyscho bitch, the Jewish teacher) is a knee-jerk Democrat, even though when I had her take the “who to vote for test” she scored 97% Romney, like 80% the Libertarian guy, and 6% Obama.

If Romney doesn’t win this election…it simply wasn’t meant to be.

Amazing.

Mufasa

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
I can’t imagine this is going to help and already fading jewish vote for the party.[/quote]

Assuming they pay attention.

My girlfriend (no, not the pyscho bitch, the Jewish teacher) is a knee-jerk Democrat, even though when I had her take the “who to vote for test” she scored 97% Romney, like 80% the Libertarian guy, and 6% Obama.[/quote]

I am on the fence about showing this to my boss. One will lose his shit I bet, the other will play it off like nothing.

This surprises even me. This cannot help his campaign with the people he needs to pick up. Amateur hour or ideological treason? I dunno. Not even I would have predicted something this overt. Jeremiah Wright would even denounce this.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
‘The Democratic National Committee is raising a number of eyebrows after choosing to proceed with hosting Islamic “Jumah” prayers for two hours on the Friday of its convention, though it denied a Catholic cardinal’s request to say a prayer at the same event.’[/quote]

Neither of these claims are true, although it is pretty impressive to make two false statements in a single sentence!

1. BIMA is hosting an open air Islamic “Jumah” in Charlotte on Friday four days before the convention, in a park a mile and a half away from the convention site, but this group has nothing to do with the DNC or the convention itself, nor is this event on any official convention schedule. (Source: Charlottein2012.com is for sale | HugeDomains - This is a Charlotte, NC site established to promote the city, and includes the NASCAR Hall of Fame as well as a College Football Tailgate party in addition to several Islamic events.)

2. Cardinal Dolan has been invited to offer the closing prayer at the Democratic Convention (source: Dolan to Offer Prayer at Democratic Convention, Too - The New York Times) There is no evidence that his offer was “denied” by the DNC before it was accepted.

[quote]milod wrote:

Neither of these claims are true, although it is pretty impressive to make two false statements in a single sentence!

1. BIMA is hosting an open air Islamic “Jumah” in Charlotte on Friday four days before the convention, in a park a mile and a half away from the convention site, but this group has nothing to do with the DNC or the convention itself,

[/quote]

It is called “Jummah at the DNC” and the DNC lists it as an “official function.” Additionally, you are talking about less than one degree of separation so to speak:

“The Charlotte in 2012 Convention Host Committee is a non-profit, non-partisan organization established by the city of Charlotte to fulfill obligations of the master contract with the Democratic National Convention Committee.”

…an exciting array of Convention-related events submitted from the community! Event submissions are accepted only if they meet the following criteria:

Demonstrate planning and content appropriate and relevant to the Charlotte in 2012 Convention Host Committee;

Provide educational or cultural content;

Submission does not guarantee publication and Charlotte in 2012 reserves the right to decline publication of any submitted events for any reason.

"On the surface it appears that the event, organized by the Bureau of Indigenous Muslim Affairs (BIMA), is cultural fun for the whole family whose only political focus is Muslims’ right to assembly, but it is much more than that.

The DNC lists the assembly as an “official function” and claims that the leaders of the program are typical of the DNC community." - Washington Times

http://quitenormal.wordpress.com/2012/08/28/video-obama-campaign-to-feature-muslim-platform-jumah-at-the-dnc-and-the-joys-of-sharia/

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
This surprises even me. This cannot help his campaign with the people he needs to pick up. Amateur hour or ideological treason? I dunno. Not even I would have predicted something this overt. Jeremiah Wright would even denounce this.[/quote]

JW is a Radical in line with Radical Muslims.

Nope, still not true. The Jumah is not listed as an official function of the DNC or the convention.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/ad-lib/2012/aug/29/no-muslim-prayers-democratic-convention-cardinal-d/

[quote]milod wrote:
Nope, still not true. The Jumah is not listed as an official function of the DNC or the convention.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/ad-lib/2012/aug/29/no-muslim-prayers-democratic-convention-cardinal-d/[/quote]

The host committee has been contracted by the DNC to organise and manage the convention for them. “Jumah at the DNC” is being sponsored by the committee that the DNC has contracted to organise such events for them.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

Amazing.

Mufasa[/quote]

You really have to stop that Mufasa.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

Amazing.

Mufasa[/quote]

You really have to stop that Mufasa.[/quote]

I’ll bite.

What did I do THIS time, Zeb?

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

Amazing.

Mufasa[/quote]

You really have to stop that Mufasa.[/quote]

I’ll bite.

What did I do THIS time, Zeb?

Mufasa[/quote]

Guess, I bet you know.

I do not know what makes me more angry , Obama’s proclivity toward Islam or his incessant efforts to help those evil poor people

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I do not know what makes me more angry , Obama’s proclivity toward Islam or his incessant efforts to help those evil poor people [/quote]

I’ll finish for you…"by taking the money away from people who have earned it and giving it to people who have not earned it thus making them more dependent on government.

Because as we all know when you take money away from someone who earned it and give it to someone who didn’t earn it you hurt both the person you took the money from and the person you gave it to.

That Pitt is the problem.

Simple.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I do not know what makes me more angry , Obama’s proclivity toward Islam or his incessant efforts to help those evil poor people [/quote]

I’ll finish for you…"by taking the money away from people who have earned it and giving it to people who have not earned it thus making them more dependent on government.

Because as we all know when you take money away from someone who earned it and give it to someone who didn’t earn it you hurt both the person you took the money from and the person you gave it to.

That Pitt is the problem.

Simple.[/quote]

No one has answered my question . I understand that it is evil beyond abortion (subsidizing wind farms) but Ryan’s tax plan cut subsidies to wind farms (which I can buy) and give subsidies to oil companies ? (which I don’t buy)

Ryan thinks it is good to take my money and give it to oil companies. Why is that not evil ?

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
his incessant efforts to help those evil poor people [/quote]

I think you confuse giving free money to with help.

Helping poor people would involve actually fixing education, not just throwing money at the problem and setting up another government commitee that does the same thing as 12 that already are in place and fail at their jobs. Including state and local we spend more on education than on defense, and our schools still suck, particularly in poor areas… Our military is pretty good.

If education needs even more money, fine. But please, for the love of all man kind, have a detailed vision on how to spend the money and reform what is broken. Simply dumping money into a broken system isn’t helping.

Helping poor people would involve moving them, in conjunction with their own efforts, from net takers to net even, or even productive givers. Handing them money doesn’t do this. Holding open opportunity, and putting them in a position to take advantage of it, are the key. Never ending free money doesn’t do that.

Safety nets are supposed to be band-aids. Poor communities need stiches.

And we should keep in mind, that the vast majority of these poor helpless people in America, live significantly better lives with vastly more opportunity as is, than many, many people in the world.