Islamic Rule of India: A Brief History

…with proof texts:

[quote]Teams of heavily armed terrorists carried out seven coordinated attacks in India?s financial capital ?Mumbai? (Bombay) on Wednesday evening and early Thursday morning. Over 170 people were dead by the time the hostage crisis ended three days later, with more bodies likely to be found at the Taj Mahal Palace & Tower Hotel.

Similar attacks by Islamic terrorists occur with grim regularity in India (see Timetable at the end). The disputed province of Kashmir notwithstanding, militant Islam sees the second most populous country in the world as a piece of ?unfinished business?: having been ruled by Muslims once, it cannot legitimately revert to Dar al-Harb, ever.

The attacks represent a massive intelligence failure on part of the government in New Delhi. Questions are being asked already if Indian authorities should have anticipated the attack and had better security in place, especially after a 2007 Parliamentary report highlighting inadequate protection of India?s shorelines from infiltration by sea ? which is how the attackers sneaked into Mumbai.

Even India?s business capital is now seen as a soft target for Jihadist terror, yet the ruling Congress Party continues its old habit of minority appeasement and automatic insistence that the problem is confined to an unrepresentative extremist fringe aided from abroad (i.e. Pakistan). This attitude indicates common ideological roots of India?s political and media elite and its Western role model. Both are supine, secularist and leftist to boot.

Now that the jihadists have targeted two luxury hotels and a top-tier restaurant frequented by visiting foreigners, now that they have brought their holy war to India?s upper crust and their Western business partners, the country?s elite class should wake up to the fact that India has a Muslim problem. That problem is fundamentally the same in each and every country in the world with a substantial Muslim minority. It would be there even if the government in Islamabad and its semi-rogue agencies like the ISI were to terminate all support for Islamic terrorist groups active across the Subcontinent (which will never happen, of course). The attacks remind us that global Jihad has India in its sights, no less firmly today than in the early centuries of the expansion of Islam?s bloody borders.

Prior to the Muslim invasions which started in the 8th century India was one of the world?s great civilizations. It matched its contemporaries in the realms of philosophy, mathematics, and natural science. It was a richly imaginative culture, one of the half-dozen most advanced civilizations of all time. Its sculptures were vigorous and sensual, its architecture ornate and spellbinding.

Muslim invaders began entering India in the early eighth century, on the orders of Hajjaj, the governor of Iraq. Starting in 712 the raiders, commanded by Muhammad Qasim, demolished temples, shattered sculptures, plundered palaces, killed vast numbers of men?it took them three days to slaughter the inhabitants of the port city of Debal?and carried off their women and children to slavery. After the initial wave of violence, however, Qasim tried to establish law and order in the newly conquered lands, and to that end he even allowed a degree of religious tolerance. Upon hearing of such practices, his superior, Hajjaj, wrote back:

[i]You go on giving pardon to everybody, high or low, without any discretion between a friend and a foe. The great Allah says in the Kuran [47.4]: ?O True believers, when you encounter the unbelievers, strike off their heads.? The above command is a great command and must be respected and followed. You should not be so fond of showing mercy, as to nullify the virtue of the act. Henceforth, grant pardon to no one of the enemy and spare none of them, or else all will consider you a weak-minded man.[/i]

[/quote]
Read it all
http://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/?p=798

I wonder how many people on this site even know that Pakistan and India were the same country.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
I wonder how many people on this site even know that Pakistan and India were the same country.[/quote]

And Bangladesh used to be East Pakistan.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
I wonder how many people on this site even know that Pakistan and India were the same country.[/quote]

Perhaps you’d care to share a little about the ethnic cleansing/massacre of Hindus that took place after Pakistan became independent of India?

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
Makavali wrote:
I wonder how many people on this site even know that Pakistan and India were the same country.

Perhaps you’d care to share a little about the ethnic cleansing/massacre of Hindus that took place after Pakistan became independent of India? [/quote]

Not particularly. Not a bright moment in politics, and goes to show that religion is something that should be kept out of state. Even old India is something I am critical of, given how much Hinduism permeated the government sector.