Islam Needs to Prove It's a Religion of Peace

[quote]Cockney Blue wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:

Yeah, but the Islamic religion owes you nothing in terms of an answer.

Unless of course it is a total fabrication based on the rantings of a mentally ill guy a thousand or so years ago…

That’s fine. I don’t expect one.

You never know, maybe right now in a cave somewhere someone is getting the latest update from God saying that everyone has it wrong and then we will have a new religion to worry about instead.[/quote]

I’m not concerened with someone simply holding the beliefs of others as wrong. Nor, is this thread concerned with that. Now lashing women for socializing with men? Exporting terrorism, hatred of the west? Sure.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:

Unless of course it is a total fabrication based on the rantings of a mentally ill guy a thousand or so years ago…

You never know, maybe right now in a cave somewhere someone is getting the latest update from God saying that everyone has it wrong and then we will have a new religion to worry about instead.

I’m not concerened with someone simply holding the beliefs of others as wrong. Nor, is this thread concerned with that. Now lashing women for socializing with men? Exporting terrorism, hatred of the west? Sure.[/quote]

Maybe we should all actually be following the teachings of David Icke.

Actually my point is that we should be calling people out for mistreating women, blowing people up etc without recourse to religion. Shit like that is just wrong and I don’t give a flying fuck what your holy book says.

Sloth wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:

You never know, maybe right now in a cave somewhere someone is getting the latest update from God saying that everyone has it wrong and then we will have a new religion to worry about instead.

I’m not concerened with someone simply holding the beliefs of others as wrong. Nor, is this thread concerned with that. Now lashing women for socializing with men? Exporting terrorism, hatred of the west? Sure.

Actually my point is that we should be calling people out for mistreating women, blowing people up etc without recourse to religion. Shit like that is just wrong and I don’t give a flying fuck what your holy book says.[/quote]

Why not? You have no issue pointing out the ills of religion. We’ve established that in a number of threads. And how does “Shit like that is just wrong and I don’t give a flying fuck what your holy book says,” follow “Actually my point is that we should be calling people out for mistreating women, blowing people up etc without recourse to religion.” Especially when the justification for doing these things are based on the religion?

[/quote]

If you’d like. That was kind of random though.

This has nothing at all to do with “religion”

Islam is a faith yes, but more importantly it’s an ideology. Like communism, it resorts to barbaric practices that have no place in the free world. Islam should not be allowed to hide behind the false facade of freedom of religion to continue its heinous practices.

A religion that does not explicitly fights against freedom does not deserve to be protected by it.

If non-radical “westernized” Muslims want to believe and practice, thats perfectly fine. But in the world today, Islam is not simply a religion but a militant ideology threatening to wipe all of us out.

[quote]shookers wrote:

Islam is a faith yes, but more importantly it’s an ideology. Like communism, it resorts to barbaric practices that have no place in the free world. Islam should not be allowed to hide behind the false facade of freedom of religion to continue its heinous practices.

A religion that does not explicitly fights against freedom does not deserve to be protected by it.

If non-radical “westernized” Muslims want to believe and practice, thats perfectly fine. But in the world today, Islam is not simply a religion but a militant ideology threatening to wipe all of us out.[/quote]

But the crusades?! And the conquistadors! We simply don’t have the moral highground.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:

Actually my point is that we should be calling people out for mistreating women, blowing people up etc without recourse to religion. Shit like that is just wrong and I don’t give a flying fuck what your holy book says.

Why not? You have no issue pointing out the ills of religion. We’ve established that in a number of threads. And how does “Shit like that is just wrong and I don’t give a flying fuck what your holy book says,” follow “Actually my point is that we should be calling people out for mistreating women, blowing people up etc without recourse to religion.” Especially when the justification for doing these things are based on the religion? [/quote]

Sorry, what do you mean why not? I said we should. I think we actually agree.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
shookers wrote:

If non-radical “westernized” Muslims want to believe and practice, thats perfectly fine. But in the world today, Islam is not simply a religion but a militant ideology threatening to wipe all of us out.

But the crusades?! And the conquistadors! We simply don’t have the moral highground.[/quote]

Fuck the moral highground, some things are just wrong. Call them for being wrong. I don’t care why someone is throwing bricks at adulterous women. I really don’t care why. That is between them and their God. What they are doing is wrong and they should be told to stop.

Err, America was not based on “Christian” morals - it’s based on liberal ones.

Liberalism IS the ultimate moral high ground

Note: I mean classical liberalism, don’t freak out.

How can islam prove it is a religion of peace? It is a completely rudderless religion - who is charge? Who is calling the shots? The islamist factions themselves have factions and divisions they are divided and would spend their time killing each other if it were not for the common enemy that unites them. It’s actually several different mutually exclusive religions based around the same book. The quran can and is interpreted to justify all kinds of atrocities.

[quote]JamFly wrote:
How can islam prove it is a religion of peace? It is a completely rudderless religion - who is charge? Who is calling the shots? The islamist factions themselves have factions and divisions they are divided and would spend their time killing each other if it were not for the common enemy that unites them. It’s actually several different mutually exclusive religions based around the same book. The quran can and is interpreted to justify all kinds of atrocities.[/quote]

Rudderless? That is an ignorant statement. You just dont know, yet you comment. There are many interpretations of islam just as there are many interpretations of any major religion. The bible was never used to justify atrocities? -BULLSH*T.

Religion is stupid. No one is talking to God because I can’t and no one is walking around with special super powers . Religion breeds stupid sh*t like this forum topic.

[quote]JamFly wrote:
How can islam prove it is a religion of peace? It is a completely rudderless religion - who is charge? Who is calling the shots? The islamist factions themselves have factions and divisions they are divided and would spend their time killing each other if it were not for the common enemy that unites them. It’s actually several different mutually exclusive religions based around the same book. The quran can and is interpreted to justify all kinds of atrocities.[/quote]

Sounds like another little religion I know. (though with a tad more suicide bombing.)

And anyway, the People’s Front of Judea is in charge.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
shookers wrote:

But the crusades?! And the conquistadors! We simply don’t have the moral highground.[/quote]

They’re all fucking ridiculous. There are probably more deaths committed in the name of Christianity than those in any others.

But either way, all things being equal, one is not more militant than the other. I doubt many of the people here that criticize Islam really have read anymore than what works with them to prove their points.

The difference is that extremists have done with Islam what Ho Chi Minh did in Vietnam when he folded the two causes of nationalism and communism into each other when in reality, the two ideas are very contrary to each other. But by making the biggest, strongest group of nationalists the NVA/Viet Cong/NLF, he made them one in the same.

They’ve done a similar thing in the Middle East, folding the hatred of the US/Israel together with Islam. It’s actually a very intelligent thing to do.

But either way, the thought process that Islam is inherently dangerous makes no sense because the million of Muslims living in the US rarely show any hint of overt violence. I’ve found that most Muslims are interested in being very peaceful. That they would be willing to give their lives for something shouldn’t seem strange, because we’ve got our chickenhawks on this very board telling us all to kill in the name of country all the time.

However, I think it’s kind of like taking Micky Featherstone out of the West Side of Manhattan- take’em out of that environment that breeds and fosters violence, and that side is quickly forgotten. Leave them in, however, and you’ve got several factors combining to make them into killers because that’s what they’re coming up in.

No one needs to prove that they’re a religion of peace, especially not to some cunts on a message board or some jerkoff editorialist for a tremendously biased periodical.

Their magic space god isn’t any more right or wrong then yours, fellas. Hate to break it to you, but you’ve got the same shot at proving Christianity is based on anything more than legends written by dope fiends and hookers.

By the way, two soldiers killed in Antrim by the REAL IRA.

Another two chalked up for Christianity, the religion of peace, love, and harmony.

No doubt.

How about proving it to this reporter?
http://www.adnkronos.com/AKI/English/Religion/?id=3.0.3085587696

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Their magic space god isn’t any more right or wrong then yours, fellas. Hate to break it to you, but you’ve got the same shot at proving Christianity is based on anything more than legends written by dope fiends and hookers.[/quote]

Dope fiends and hookers don’t contradict themselves that much.

Their magic space god isn’t any more right or wrong then yours, fellas. Hate to break it to you, but you’ve got the same shot at proving Christianity is based on anything more than legends written by dope fiends and hookers.[/quote]

Dope fiends and hookers don’t contradict themselves that much.

Another two chalked up for Christianity, the religion of peace, love, and harmony.

No doubt.[/quote]

And where’s the Christian defense? I don’t see it in your article. You won’t see me making any excuses for them. I won’t craft arguements about how poverty, economic, or national issues made them victims, who had no other option but terrorism. I’m not a bed wetting liberal, no matter what label the person is sporting.

You have no problem chalking this up to Christianity, so why take issue with us pointing out WIDESPREAD brutality and supremacism praticed in the Islamic world. I wouldn’t be so proud to take a stand for Islam. You might look down and notice you’re standing on the corpses and broken bodies of it’s very recent victims.

It’s time for the Islamic world to reform. Suprisingly, it’s the non-believer that wants to sabotage a united front calling for, demanding, this reformation. At least, it seems to be the case in this forum. It’s pretty sad that the author, a reformed Islamic terrorist has been basically dismissed.

No doubt.[/quote]

What does the IRA have to do with religion? It’s a political issue dipshit.

[quote]UB07 wrote:
JamFly wrote:

Rudderless? That is an ignorant statement. You just dont know, yet you comment. There are many interpretations of islam just as there are many interpretations of any major religion. The bible was never used to justify atrocities? -BULLSH*T.

Religion is stupid. No one is talking to God because I can’t and no one is walking around with special super powers . Religion breeds stupid sh*t like this forum topic.[/quote]

There I paraphrased your post so that you can now understand whay you were trying to say.