ISIS Attack in Nice, France

A French city on the Mediterranean coast, famous for its beaches, waterfront promenades and a laid back lifestyle with a sizeable Muslim minority has been subjected to a despicable and vicious terrorist onslaught - terror attacks that are specifically targeting civilians and the places where college age kids congregate - theaters, eateries, clubs and bars.

The most frightening aspect of this terror campaign is its apparent randomness - it seems that the terrorists can strike anyone, anywhere and anytime, with the sole purpose of creating mayhem and killing as much innocents as possible.

Itā€™s Algiers and the year is 1959.

Itā€™s hard to believe that less than 60 years ago Algiers, the capital of what is now Algeria had a majority European population, was mostly catholic and was more renowned for its cathedral that for its mosques.

Nor did those hundreds of thousands of Europeans living in Algiers at the time could imagine that in a few yearsā€™ time theyā€™ll be forced to leave their homes in a matter of days, with one suitcase allowed per person, creating the largest European refugee crisis before the current one, although the former one was completely ignored by the media.

The players are the same, the events switched to the northern shores of the Mediterraneanā€¦

Human history is demographics in the long run. People living at religious and ethnic fault lines are very aware of this fact.

1 Like

Not sufficiently imo. Many Muslims are born into a situation where there is no alternative to being a Muslim. It essentially the same things as identifying with your race. They arenā€™t subscribing to Islam by choice, theyā€™re born into it.

Okay, I guess you werenā€™t really talking to me then.

Wait. I canā€™t blame a large group for a small percentage because the large group you put me in does bad stuff? Hypocritical much? Our? I donā€™t have a gang problem. Iā€™m not in one. I donā€™t have a murder problem. Iā€™ve never killed anyone. Why should the actions of a minority of Americans impact my rights to talk about Islam? You are arguing against group guilt and simultaneously using group guilt in your argument.

but the fact is KKK twitter is actually representative of the KKK. What is your logical reason for dismissing the the hatred and blood lust of arabic twitter? why doesnā€™t it matter?

Your claim is that the hatred of KKKā€™s twitter is a minority and shouldnā€™t affect our evaluation of the KKK? The racism and hatred of the KKK twitter is just a loud minority of the KKK?

Again, Iā€™ve explained the difference her already. But Iā€™m saying that many many individual muslims are on board with violence. We canā€™t judge all those people posting on twitter?

Again, you ignored my argument.

ā€œI donā€™t believe it is rational to expect a Shitte Muslim born in Montana to condemn [ā€¦] ISIS in Iraqā€ Maybe a miscommunication then.

"Thatā€™s fucking nonsense. Why would a peaceful Muslim living in Montana give a shit what some brainwashed asshat in Afghanistan is doing? "

No, we have not done anything remotely equivalent. but your answer is youā€™d do nothing? No offense intended, but in my book that would make you not a real Christian.

Actually, you did that far more than me. And far more negatively I might add.

Stupid hypothetical. Though itā€™s ironic because people there arenā€™t Christian because the Muslisms exterminated them. And if a US solder had been born in Germany in the 1930ā€™s he could have been a Nazi, therefore, US solders canā€™t condemn the Nazis. Funny thing here is that (though Iā€™m not the determinist you seem to be) I largely agree. Terrorists are primarily the product of their Islamic cultural surroundings. Nor does pity absolve anyone. As a Christian I should pity all Godā€™s children that go to hell, but the catch here is pity is due to their guilt and responsibility.

And you didnā€™t answer before, so Iā€™ll ask once more. Genuine question Iā€™m curious to hear your take on. What then is the difference between Islam and other major religions. Why have all the other ones modernized and progressed? Why does Islam produce these unique problems?

If they do not believe that the Koran is truth and Muhamad is Godā€™s profit, itā€™s pretty universally agreed that they arenā€™t Muslim. Nor do any non-believers of this type blow themselves up shouting ā€œgod is greatā€ so itā€™s kinda moot.

LOLā€¦just happened to read that and wondered what that had to do with anything regarding a bodybuilding message board.

Struck me as haughty and very funnyā€¦so thanks!

ZEB

Okay DD, youā€™re perverting everything Iā€™ve written to try and paint me in some weird box and Iā€™m done with it.

Iā€™ve only written 50 fucking times in variois threads including this one that we should just kill ISIS off, but whatever, if misrepresenting what Iā€™ve read makes you happy, go for it.

Thereā€™s a guy in this thread who is arguing Muslims in India are peaceful non-violent people.

The country literally split largely because it was determined Hindus and Muslims couldnā€™t live peacefully alongside each other.

Now Pakistan (the Muslim partition) is a complete violent shit hole. In India the Muslim minority are in regular tension with the Hindu majority. Bombings, attacks, ethnic cleansing and societal tension.

This is what non-violent Muslims look like. Either purposely lying or bigotry of low expectations.

1 Like

Prove it with statistics from a reputable source. ā€œGoogle itā€ doesnā€™t count.

Iā€™m not sure how directly quoting you is perverting your words. And while you can continue to ignore and obfuscate as much as you want, the ā€œdo nothingā€ line of discussion and my comment were not about ISIS. Youā€™ve made your wildly hypocritical and self defeating stance on ISIS clear.

AFAIK the topic has shifted several times but it got started on terrorism. And Bangladesh isnā€™t India anyways.

I understook USMC to be making the point that relations in India between Muslims and others are largely peaceful even with a large percentage of the population that is muslim, not that 100% of all muslims in India were peaceful or that violence never happened. As far as I know, that doesnā€™t hold true for any religion or ideology in any country on this planet, so to claim that is absurd. Since I know USMC is not insane, I didnā€™t take his statement that way.

Oh yeah, definitely stole this one for future use.

Agree with everything you said except the racist partā€¦since Islam is a religion and not an ethnicityā€¦ ;). But quite well said sir!

And Iā€™ll add child soldiers in Africa to that. They get recruited at ages 6-10. They donā€™t fucking know anything.

Excellent post, and Iā€™m highlighting this one quote in particular. Agree with your whole reply though.

Well, probably true. On the other hand if one makes an explicit or implicit claim to being the only one bringing up an academically rigorous argumentā€¦and takes others to task regarding logical fallacies and the structure of logicā€¦and intimates that they are smarter than everybody elseā€¦well then Iā€™d say they had probably not be quoting Wikipedia with any serious regularity (at least for things above a rudimentary common knowledge). If weā€™re talking opinion or anything else under the sun itā€™s no big deal. If on the other hand someone decides to try to do what verne did and then berate others, I think he probably earned it.

Point taken. I will duly note it and govern myself accordingly,

1 Like

Sorry Brah, this thread jumped the shark for me a long time ago.

1 Like

Lol. Iā€™m just messing with ya. I know full well what you meant, I was just being a bastard. Good post though

No worries, valid point. All good.

Well, thanks for that contribution then.