Ischial Tuberosity

Has your manual therapist worked on your obturator internus?

If not get them to, trust me you will know when he hits it if it is the problem.

[quote]bamit wrote:
Has your manual therapist worked on your obturator internus?

If not get them to, trust me you will know when he hits it if it is the problem.[/quote]

BINGO.

Jelena, I had (what sounds like) the same thing, or something very similar, until I had my obturator internus worked on. When I had an Xray taken, I also had a 2mm bulge at L5-S1. Guess which nerve goes through there?.. Yep you guessed it, the one responsible for Obturator Internus.

Not sure if this is what’s causing your problem, but might be worth getting checked out. Once I got it fixed, life was great again.

Maximus how did the xray visualized a 2mm disc bulge?

It might have been an MRI, this was almost 10 yrs ago so I am not able to recall exactly. The doctor told me that everyone walking around has a 2mm bulge though.

That is correct. A 2mm disc bulge is not that significant. Might as well be coincidental.

With a disc bulge that affects the L5 nerve root in between L5-S1, you would expect ALL of the muscles innervated by L5 to be affected. At the most extreme you would have had a foot drop, and pain/paresthesias in the L5 dermatome, which also involves the cutaneous innervation of the top of the foot.

beef

People,

She has bilateral hamstring tendonitis at the origin of the hamstrings. Case closed. Please, hold the applause.

Is the pain directly on the ischial tuberosities and no where else?? You could see if the doctor would try a topical anti-inflammatory like voltaren. Another option for the therapist would be a treatment of dexamethazone. It would not cure it fully but possibly get you some relief or confrim the origin of pain. If neither of these helped at all, I would take a closer look at the low back/pelvis with the rehab.

Without reading everyone’s posts, it seems like bilateral proximal hamstring strains. (Tiny tears near the upper attachment of your hamstrings)

ART is mostly just pinning and stretching the muscles, often overriding the fascial reflex and causing trama during treatment.

You do not need to stretch hamstrings until the strains are resolved. Find a certified orthopedic massage therapist in your area and they will stabilize your pelvis, then move on to pain-free scar tissue mobilization.

If you are in Texas, I’m a little north of Dallas. You wouldn’t have to pay till I fixed you.

Use orthomassage.net to find a therapist. Preferred Practioner Section

[quote]CardsFan wrote:
Is the pain directly on the ischial tuberosities and no where else?? You could see if the doctor would try a topical anti-inflammatory like voltaren. Another option for the therapist would be a treatment of dexamethazone. It would not cure it fully but possibly get you some relief or confrim the origin of pain. If neither of these helped at all, I would take a closer look at the low back/pelvis with the rehab. [/quote]

Yes pain is only at ischial tuberosities.
I’ve been taking Voltaren orally for little over 2 weeks and that did nothing

1 Like

It’s been fascinating reading all of this. I came upon your post about your MRI result.

! I think I had a left side obturator tear in or out not sure. But I can’t do stuff like mow the yard or lift over a certain amount one rep or total volume without setting off pelvic pain. I’m also intolerant to a soft mattress.
Let me know if anything did particularly help your recovery
Hope you’re well ~Beth