For those people who are employed in the construction industry or any other manual labor related work, how do you go about your training?
Wether you are a bodybuilding/athlete etc, does your work require you to make adjustments to the way you train? For e.g. I work in the demolition industry and most of the work is done by hand, so I'm moving about and lifting light to moderate weight for most of the day. I wouldn't say its too demanding, apart from some very hot summer days.
- Would you consider your work as a form of cardio even conditioning, (and if so do you still incorporate it into your training?)
- What sort of set rep scheme do you use? (a rugby strength coach in the past has recommended to me before to not go over 8 reps.)
- Do you find yourself needing to eat alot more for progressive gains and recovery?
- How many days do you train?
- Do you think manual related work can sometimes hamper or improve your results wether it be in the weight room or when trying to gain muscle?
- Would pre-workout nutrition be vital?
This is in no means a place to winge or give excuses!