T Nation

Is What I Do Wrong?

I was remincising the great times I had with my extremely HOT ex-girlfriend. (Sigh) And I was thinking about one of the conversations we had once before,one of the reasons why she would never go out with me again.

She tells me because I train in MMA and that I like to lift weights and that the only interest I have are action orientated,it makes me very “Un-Christian” (Btw,shes VERY RELIGIOUS. Shes even trying to fast once a month) Now I beilive in God and I accept Jesus as my savior,but I think its ridiculous that shes using this as an excuse to break it off with me when there plenty of example of violence in the Bible. (David againts Goliath?)

Now theres noway im ever gonna sacrifice my passion and my motivation in life and my happiness just to be with her again. (Knowing full well that even if I did get back with her im gonna be miserable because im not doing what I love)

But is she right about it not being “Christian” like? Am I wrong for wanting to go toe-to-toe with someone? Is…What I been doing,what I been training for,what I live for…Wrong?

It’s your gift and your passion.

Don’t waste your time with some floosie who dosn’t share your dreams and ambitions.

I’m a christian as well I train and lift heavy.

It dosn’t make you any less of a christian, doing something you love, and something God has given you the gift and abilities to do.

Just find someone with your same interests.

Forget about her, she’ll just bring you down.

[quote]mr_slick wrote:
I was remincising the great times I had with my extremely HOT ex-girlfriend. (Sigh) And I was thinking about one of the conversations we had once before,one of the reasons why she would never go out with me again.

She tells me because I train in MMA and that I like to lift weights and that the only interest I have are action orientated,it makes me very “Un-Christian” (Btw,shes VERY RELIGIOUS. Shes even trying to fast once a month) Now I beilive in God and I accept Jesus as my savior,but I think its ridiculous that shes using this as an excuse to break it off with me when there plenty of example of violence in the Bible. (David againts Goliath?)

Now theres noway im ever gonna sacrifice my passion and my motivation in life and my happiness just to be with her again. (Knowing full well that even if I did get back with her im gonna be miserable because im not doing what I love)

But is she right about it not being “Christian” like? Am I wrong for wanting to go toe-to-toe with someone? Is…What I been doing,what I been training for,what I live for…Wrong?[/quote]

Is she one of those very religious persons who has all these rules except for the “no sex before marriage?”

the ones that are only devout if it doesn’t interfere with their personal comfort or pleasure.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
mr_slick wrote:
I was remincising the great times I had with my extremely HOT ex-girlfriend. (Sigh) And I was thinking about one of the conversations we had once before,one of the reasons why she would never go out with me again.

She tells me because I train in MMA and that I like to lift weights and that the only interest I have are action orientated,it makes me very “Un-Christian” (Btw,shes VERY RELIGIOUS. Shes even trying to fast once a month) Now I beilive in God and I accept Jesus as my savior,but I think its ridiculous that shes using this as an excuse to break it off with me when there plenty of example of violence in the Bible. (David againts Goliath?)

Now theres noway im ever gonna sacrifice my passion and my motivation in life and my happiness just to be with her again. (Knowing full well that even if I did get back with her im gonna be miserable because im not doing what I love)

But is she right about it not being “Christian” like? Am I wrong for wanting to go toe-to-toe with someone? Is…What I been doing,what I been training for,what I live for…Wrong?

Is she one of those very religious persons who has all these rules except for the “no sex before marriage?”

the ones that are only devout if it doesn’t interfere with their personal comfort or pleasure.
[/quote]

Yes. I cant beilvie I actually beilived her when she told me she stripped but shes a virgin.

[quote]mr_slick wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
mr_slick wrote:
I was remincising the great times I had with my extremely HOT ex-girlfriend. (Sigh) And I was thinking about one of the conversations we had once before,one of the reasons why she would never go out with me again.

She tells me because I train in MMA and that I like to lift weights and that the only interest I have are action orientated,it makes me very “Un-Christian” (Btw,shes VERY RELIGIOUS. Shes even trying to fast once a month) Now I beilive in God and I accept Jesus as my savior,but I think its ridiculous that shes using this as an excuse to break it off with me when there plenty of example of violence in the Bible. (David againts Goliath?)

Now theres noway im ever gonna sacrifice my passion and my motivation in life and my happiness just to be with her again. (Knowing full well that even if I did get back with her im gonna be miserable because im not doing what I love)

But is she right about it not being “Christian” like? Am I wrong for wanting to go toe-to-toe with someone? Is…What I been doing,what I been training for,what I live for…Wrong?

Is she one of those very religious persons who has all these rules except for the “no sex before marriage?”

the ones that are only devout if it doesn’t interfere with their personal comfort or pleasure.

Yes. I cant beilvie I actually beilived her when she told me she stripped but shes a virgin.
[/quote]

I don’t think I’ve ever heard that one… a virgin stripper. I guess it could happen.

but you had sex right? So she is no longer a virgin stripper?

If she’s “VERY” religious, then just rape her (assuming she’s not in a relationship now), pay her father 50 pieces of silver and she’ll have to marry you.

Problem solved.

I honestly don’t know why everyone doesn’t come to me for dating advice.

As long as you are getting more from your lifting and fighting hobbies than you are from your English classes, I say go for it.

As for Christianity versus Violence, it’s a tough call. Jesus was a pretty peaceful dude. I think the only time he got pissed was when he found merchants in the Temple, then he was all whips and righteous fury. Other than that, I can’t think of him ever advocating fighting, even in self-defense.

Although I think once in Luke he did tell the disciples to sell their cloaks and buy a sword, so … who knows?

Some of the christians I’ve known have been pretty fanatical. Not “We’ll cut off your hand if you get caught stealing” fanatical, but more “Tatoos represent ‘body-worship’” fanatical. If she can’t tell that you are lifting and competing for your own enjoyment rather than for vanity or anger, then I’d say let her go.

Then again, if she’s as hot as you say, you might just give up your sinful ways long enough to get some, then tell her she’s going to hell for having premarital sex, then go fight. Yeah, that way everybody wins.

[quote]Dweezil wrote:
If she’s “VERY” religious, then just rape her (assuming she’s not in a relationship now), pay her father 50 pieces of silver and she’ll have to marry you.

Problem solved.

I honestly don’t know why everyone doesn’t come to me for dating advice.[/quote]

That made me laugh for a good 5 minutes, you sir are a genius.

[quote]Cunnivore wrote:
As long as you are getting more from your lifting and fighting hobbies than you are from your English classes, I say go for it.

As for Christianity versus Violence, it’s a tough call. Jesus was a pretty peaceful dude. I think the only time he got pissed was when he found merchants in the Temple, then he was all whips and righteous fury. Other than that, I can’t think of him ever advocating fighting, even in self-defense.

Although I think once in Luke he did tell the disciples to sell their cloaks and buy a sword, so … who knows?

Some of the christians I’ve known have been pretty fanatical. Not “We’ll cut off your hand if you get caught stealing” fanatical, but more “Tatoos represent ‘body-worship’” fanatical. If she can’t tell that you are lifting and competing for your own enjoyment rather than for vanity or anger, then I’d say let her go.

Then again, if she’s as hot as you say, you might just give up your sinful ways long enough to get some, then tell her she’s going to hell for having premarital sex, then go fight. Yeah, that way everybody wins.[/quote]

I pretty much agree with you on that. But fuckit,Im pretty sure (Well,im optomistic anyway) I can find a hotter girl that supports me when Im knocking some dudes head off or getting my arms broken off via armbarred. Btw,get off my ass about the grammar. Im still in Highschool.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
mr_slick wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
mr_slick wrote:
I was remincising the great times I had with my extremely HOT ex-girlfriend. (Sigh) And I was thinking about one of the conversations we had once before,one of the reasons why she would never go out with me again.

She tells me because I train in MMA and that I like to lift weights and that the only interest I have are action orientated,it makes me very “Un-Christian” (Btw,shes VERY RELIGIOUS. Shes even trying to fast once a month) Now I beilive in God and I accept Jesus as my savior,but I think its ridiculous that shes using this as an excuse to break it off with me when there plenty of example of violence in the Bible. (David againts Goliath?)

Now theres noway im ever gonna sacrifice my passion and my motivation in life and my happiness just to be with her again. (Knowing full well that even if I did get back with her im gonna be miserable because im not doing what I love)

But is she right about it not being “Christian” like? Am I wrong for wanting to go toe-to-toe with someone? Is…What I been doing,what I been training for,what I live for…Wrong?

Is she one of those very religious persons who has all these rules except for the “no sex before marriage?”

the ones that are only devout if it doesn’t interfere with their personal comfort or pleasure.

Yes. I cant beilvie I actually beilived her when she told me she stripped but shes a virgin.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard that one… a virgin stripper. I guess it could happen.

but you had sex right? So she is no longer a virgin stripper?

[/quote]
Um…Well,Oral Sex,but that doesnt count in the eyes of God does it?

[quote]Dweezil wrote:
If she’s “VERY” religious, then just rape her (assuming she’s not in a relationship now), pay her father 50 pieces of silver and she’ll have to marry you.

Problem solved.

I honestly don’t know why everyone doesn’t come to me for dating advice.[/quote]

making mental note to NEVER ask Dweezil for dating advice.

[quote]mr_slick wrote:
Um…Well,Oral Sex,but that doesnt count in the eyes of God does it?
[/quote]

Depends what the definition of “is” is.

[quote]mr_slick wrote:

Um…Well,Oral Sex,but that doesnt count in the eyes of God does it?
[/quote]

Only if Bill Clinton is God.

-Gendou

[quote]Dweezil wrote:
If she’s “VERY” religious, then just rape her (assuming she’s not in a relationship now), pay her father 50 pieces of silver and she’ll have to marry you.

Problem solved.

I honestly don’t know why everyone doesn’t come to me for dating advice.[/quote]

Best biblical advice on this site in a while.

[quote]mr_slick wrote:

Um…Well,Oral Sex,but that doesnt count in the eyes of God does it?
[/quote]

Only if she spit after receiving her daily bread.

That’s not the real reason she wants to dump you. It’s just the excuse she found to do it without telling you the real reason. And she gets to walk around acting like she broke up with you because of her higher moral code or whatever.

Sorry to tell you the reason is something else, and you’ll probably never know what it is. Besides, if she’s going down on you, then she’s a hypocrite. Therefore, other than being hot, she’s probably not worth the trouble anyway.

I’m with Irish on this one.

If you don’t dissociate completely with your actions and their results, you are feeding your ego, regardless of how good actions or even intentions may be. I believe there are very few people who would even able to do this, simply do without identifying oneself with the role of the doer, that is.

It makes me think of the old saying “Giving is better than receiving” - many people derive a sense of meaning, purpose, belonging, mattering or just the pleasant feeling of having something someone else needs from the act of giving.

To the OP: Did you by chance pisseth against a wall in her presence?

:wink:

Buddy…you keep right on training!

God made some of us warriors. There is nothing wrong with this. Someone has to protect the young, the old, the weak, etc. It has been this way since time began.

In the martial arts brotherhood that I belong to, one man is a deacon in his church, and another an ordained minister, and they have no problems or “spiritual conflicts” with training. In my opinion, training develops and strengthens the spirit. Older warrior cultures understood this…among them, the Samurai. (Yes…it is not a well known fact, but there were even Christian Samurai at one time.)

What can lead to “wrong” though is the misuse of our warrior skills for evil/bad purposes. (Like robbing little old ladies for their pension checks…I’m exaggerating, but I think you see my point.)

Tell your old girlfriend to take her misguided self-righteousness someplace else…and to wake up.

In the meantime…train hard!

[quote]Irish Muscle wrote:
Bodybuilding is an extremley selfish sport. So is mma, so is powerlifting, so is anything that requires constant focus on “YOU”. but then again, so is owning a bussiness, so is getting a doctor’s degree so is becoming the head of a charity event.

anything that requires extreme ambition can be argued as “anti christian” or what ever.

people who donate money to the poor are also very selfish because it makes them feel great about being such good christians. And those cunts “feed” off the high feeling they recieve by giving money or working with poor kids. You can see it in their fat faces, they go to africa, and they’re the first person to get on tv saying “omg we need this and that, these kids are beautifull people and “I” feel they need help bla bla.”

They love the glory they recieve with donating. Look at “bono” from U2, he absolutly LOVES to preach on tv about how great it is that we all can “giv a bit” at christmas time to the poor. He already knows that the nation is going to find out how much he donates, and that boosts his career and makes him look like a hero. Its actually anti christian to be too good. Greedy cuntbags, i fuckin hate fake fags.

Basicly everything you do is selfish, your ex is a selish bitch who broke up with you using “mma” and “weight lifting” as a disguise making you feel like you have obsessive violent issues. Ring her and tell her to flick her bean. If shes so religious she should “get off” to you doing mma, because your able to fight and there is a shit load of fighting in the bible (from the bits ive payed attention to in church.)

In my opinion, fuck those religious pricks who try to brain wash you. Fuck the preachers on the street who tell you your going to hell, they are “humans” telling other “humans” that they’re bad. What a bunch of wankers.

If your genreally a good guy, your a good guy. Don’t ever give up the gym for a chick[/quote]

Goddamn. I can’t believe it, but I agree with just about this entire post.

You can take the whole “violence” thing either way, because the Bible is basically contradictory like that.

I mean, on one hand you have Jesus telling people to “turn the other cheek”, yet in the Old Testament, God is a downright wrathful character.

I faced many of the same questions reconciling my taste for adrenaline and wildness with what I knew as Christianity.

One day a friend gave me a book that helped me realize there’s nothing “wrong” with us high-T guys being wired hot.

I highly, highly recommend this book to you. (Wild at Heart by John Eldredge)

Book Description
God designed men to be dangerous, says John Eldredge. Simply look at the dreams and desires written in the heart of every boy: To be a hero, to be a warrior, to live a life of adventure and risk. Sadly, most men abandon those dreams and desires-aided by a Christianity that feels like nothing more than pressure to be a “nice guy.” It is no wonder that many men avoid church, and those who go are often passive and bored to death. In this provocative book, Eldredge gives women a look inside the true heart of a man and gives men permission to be what God designed them to be-dangerous, passionate, alive, and free.