Is Vitamin D3 Really Amazing to Have

I started taking 5000iu a week ago, the suplement cost me 99p for 90x500iu tabs so I thought that was a bargain, since I’m from the UK we’re probabaly all deficient in it.

Greetings from the UK.

I also take 5,000 iu’s daily since I agree that, since we live in the UK and I work indoors, we are likely all deficient in it. And I love it. That and ZMA are the only supplements I take year round, without fail.

I have been taking it at this level for maybe 7 years now and feel the better for it. I rarely get ill (last week is the first time in 7 years actually, a record I was sad to say bye to) and like to attribute my immune strength to not being d3 deficient.

Saying that I have found very different qualities, and in particular if the d3 isn’t oil suspended (so comes as a hard chalky tablet rather than a gel cap) I don’t feel the same benefit and there are those that suggest it is less bio-available in the non gel form. Cheaper isn’t always better with supplements.

Literally had it for 4 days and my wisdom teeth started coming through and that’s one hell of a coincidence

HA! growing wisdom teeth is a new side effect I haven’t heard of before. Maybe wisdom teeth actually come through once you have made enough good decisions in your life, and this was the one that put you over the line :wink:

2 Likes

Haha maybe but I heard it helps regulate calcium and with bone growth so it is quite the coincidence

D3 and fish oil are the two supps everybody should be taking

2 Likes

Isn’t there some other vitamin your body needs to absorb vitamin D correctly? Like vitamin K or some shit?

1 Like

Vitamins A, D, E and K all help you with absorbing fat so probabaly a mixture of them as they seem to work together

Yes - in theory you need calcium but it’s very rare that people are deficient in that

I thought it was the other way round? ie fat helps you absorb ADEK (the fat soluble vits).
I also started taking D @ 5,000 iu per day (with5g of fish oil) at first I thought I was sleeping better, now I’m not so sure… I’ going to do it for at least 3 months before deciding its good or not.
I’m in the UK too (NW England).

1 Like

I don’t think it really affects sleep so speak to your GP, You may be able to get prescribed diazepams

Apparently it does affect sleep, see Dr Stasha Gominak site

1 Like

I take 2,000iu vit D3 as well as fish oil and CoQ10 everyday.

I take 10,000 daily of Vit D3 as I tested deficient. I am also indoors all day.

1 Like