Is Trump the Greatest President in US History?

He had hell to pay mostly from the fringe right. That stops well short of anything serious. Check your history.

Love the idea man!

1 Like

Which makes sense that it would stop short, since it was a conspiracy theory pushed by the far right to invalidate a sitting POTUS (go ahead and blame HRC, she may have debatably started it, but she didn’t push it like the right did).

Then again, with how far it got (as a conspiracy theory with zero basis in reality), I’m not sure how anybody (you) would think he could purchase naval ships without a legal basis and not have “hell to pay.”

What about our current President Donald J. Trump?

Is he now part of the “fringe right” too?

I don’t think we should be taking this thread off course do you? One more post?

[quote=“pfury, post:63, topic:231857”]
Which makes sense that it would stop short, since it was a conspiracy theory pushed by the far right to invalidate a sitting POTUS[/quote]

Yes, I think we have all had this conversation many times. One side tries to discredit the other
all part of politics. Like Russia/Trump collusion. And so many other things from both parties.

She did create it and milked it until she lost then there was no reason to use it. Then the fringe right took it over and drove it home repeatedly until a fair number of the electorate believed it. P O L O T I C S. Seriously, what part of that word don’t you understand?

Yes I know about conspiracy theories based on no proof.

Trump pushing the birther movement along is fakenews. Get a grip AG

1 Like

Not really fringe right considering 72 percent of Republicans questioned his birth even after producing birth certificate as late as August 2016.

2/3 or Trump voters thought he was Muslim as well.

Not fringe positions

1 Like

Actually this time even Jr is helping!

I understand the word, just not how you think there wouldn’t be hell to pay if Obama bought ships (because everyone would leave that alone) but they pushed hard on the birther movement.

Go back and reread what I wrote H.

Yeah I read it. I don’t know what hell to pay means in this situation but after 8 years almost 3/4 of Republicans thought he wasn’t born here. My point was these were not fringe positions.

Just fixing facts for you

Back on track I think TR would have to be the outright toughest President. Certainly mentally toughest. But there are others who are very close. Washington for certain.

:derp:

1 Like

This is from 2011, but I doubt it changed much.

And this is from 2016

Now I had to fix facts for you. I guess you don’t know everything after all. Do you know that?

Can we now get the thread back on track or do we need to argue over how many people thought Obama was not born in the US?

This is funny though

You specifically brought up Obama and how he wouldn’t be punished for something.

Also it seems pretty relevant in a thread talking about all Presidents. Tell us more about these “fringe” positions where 41% of the GOP ate the birth movement. How fringe is 41% exactly?

1 Like

If you would like to discuss the topic I suggest that you start a thread and whomever wants to discuss it will chime in. This thread is about greatest Presidents.

I think Obama ranks as one of the greatest presidents in recent memory because he survived the “fringe” idea that he wasn’t born in this country. An idea that was pushed multiple times on national television by our current POTUS.

/Discuss

:joy:

1 Like

Comical people believe Obama murdered his gay lover while peddling cocaine, yet the Trump/Russia story is just a dem smear campaign / fake news.

1 Like

If we could just get the FakeNews Liberal MSM to lay off and stop forcing Trump Jr. to personally tweet emails implicating himself in Russian collusion that’d be great.

3 Likes